Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Stories

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 19-Oct-21, 20:57
DMC

Default 50 yo and up wives in better shape than husbands

It’s been my experience that with older couples i would estimate 75% of the time ( maybe higher) the female stays in much better physical shape than the male. You often see women 55-to even 80 years of age power walking, doing yoga, hitting the gym, swimming while their men some who were excellent athletes as younger men get sedentary and don’t exercise nearly as much as the women.

I try to stay in shape in my late 50s and occasionally wrestle an older woman down the block from me who i met at the gym… she’s 63 and 5-8 140 to my 6-1 and 200. In fairness to me she has had grappling and jiu jitsu training but our matches aren’t even close. She destroys me on the mat…

Not only there but she can easily outrun me in distance runs, bike ride much longer, and kill me at swimming. I am stronger than her in the weight room for upper body lifts but she can do more reps at lower weights and has off the chart core strength. Her legs are stronger than mine.

The only thing i beat her every time at is basketball due to my height advantage and much more playing experience than she has. At least I’ve got that slim preserver of male pride… however i think it’s pretty common as we get older for females to be MUCH stronger and have MUCH better endurance…

Btw she’s 5 years older than me but looks 10 years younger! 😂
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 20-Oct-21, 02:54
Points: 17,001, Level: 56 Points: 17,001, Level: 56 Points: 17,001, Level: 56
Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8%
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,533 Times in 633 Posts
Default Re: 50 yo and up wives in better shape than husbands

Thanks for sharing your experience! I know it is probably unlikely, but it would be awesome if you had a photo of your wrestling partner. I love the idea of mature women outwrestling younger men.
Old 20-Oct-21, 07:08
Points: 5,788, Level: 32 Points: 5,788, Level: 32 Points: 5,788, Level: 32
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

you dont have to get that old to find this btw. Im in late 30s and i see women in their later 30s lol and 40s/50s who have stronger legs and def more msucular and cardio endurance
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ImYourBitch For This Useful Post:
Old 20-Oct-21, 14:12
Points: 8,124, Level: 38 Points: 8,124, Level: 38 Points: 8,124, Level: 38
Activity: 9.5% Activity: 9.5% Activity: 9.5%
Last Achievements

Yes would agree a higher proportion of 50+ women are in shape compared with the same aged men. It’s interesting as I’d say it used to be the other way around - more men used to do physical work and hence looked in reasonably good shape whereas few women did much exercise.
I guess way more people now do sedentary work, sitting on their arses in front of computers and fewer of these men exercise compared to women…
It’s also a demographic thing, if you go to ‘traditional working class’ areas the old way tends to still stick - men doing physical work, women sitting on fat arses playing on line bingo & smoking all day (apologies for the generalisation there!)
The Following User Says Thank You to james For This Useful Post: