Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 07-Oct-18, 23:56
Producer
Points: 27,496, Level: 72 Points: 27,496, Level: 72 Points: 27,496, Level: 72
Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,448 Times in 1,066 Posts
Default Re: Transgender MMA fighter defeats man

Quote:
Originally Posted by XGuiscard21 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
No, it isn't. It isn't confusing at all. That's how people want to be referred to, I'm pretty sure, as trans women or just women. Women, whether they are cisgender or trans, compete as women.

Overscrutinizing a trans woman's appearance, how they (trans women) compete in sports, comparing them as "less woman" than cis women, etc. is transphobia and should never be allowed to happen. People who overscrutinize Caster Semenya and trans women in sports are transphobic. We must be vigilant in doing away with transphobia wherever it exists.
I am able to speak - and to read - English perfectly. After reading the headline, I was four statements in before I realized that the posted article was about a person who had transitioned from male to female. I don't think it's unreasonable to accept that others might have been confused as well. Further, I don't think there is clearly-defined reference terminology. There are some academics and activists seeking to speak for everyone in the trans community, but culturally, there are still many nuances that are working themselves out, nuances that have nothing to do with any ____-phobia.

Regardless of how one presents or identifies, this was a story about a genetic male fighting another genetic male. There's no clear indication that Anne was undergoing any female hormone therapy during her preparation for this fight. That's not really anyone's business, I would argue, but if she was, then that would modify my position a bit.

Caster's case is extremely unique, because you're talking about an intersexed individual who made no conscious choices about gender identity in spite of biology. Caster was handed something after birth and that became the thing - "Caster, you are a girl and will grow to become a woman." That she was forced to submit to sex testing in order to compete was...well, there really are no words, but there was established and accepted precedent in athletics with respect to testing hormone levels.

Does your transphobia exist? Absolutely. But raising questions about fairness in sport doesn't necessarily rise to that standard. In this case, you have a transwoman - who is a genetic male - stating "I choose to fight men only" and that becomes the basis for a conversation. I would be surprised if there is tremendous pushback on this one.
Old 08-Oct-18, 00:43
Points: 10,097, Level: 43 Points: 10,097, Level: 43 Points: 10,097, Level: 43
Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1%
Last Achievements

Default Re: Men losing fights to transgender women

when you use the word "transphobia" are saying hate of trans women? i ask because the word "phobia" is Greek and in English means fear so transphobia translates to transfear
The Following User Says Thank You to commander For This Useful Post:
Old 12-Jun-21, 19:23
Points: 4,397, Level: 27 Points: 4,397, Level: 27 Points: 4,397, Level: 27
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

I think it would be different if they are post-op or preop. I would assume the pre-op would be stronger. it would be interesting to wrestle a girl like that. Since I do not like to wrestle men. I would definitely wrestle Anne she looks mad cute. Does anyone know of any trans girls who wrestle? Looks like I have a new itch to scratch.
Old 12-Jun-21, 20:29
Points: 5,784, Level: 32 Points: 5,784, Level: 32 Points: 5,784, Level: 32
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by condensato [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I think it would be different if they are post-op or preop. I would assume the pre-op would be stronger. it would be interesting to wrestle a girl like that. Since I do not like to wrestle men. I would definitely wrestle Anne she looks mad cute. Does anyone know of any trans girls who wrestle? Looks like I have a new itch to scratch.
I have wrestled a female that used to be a guy.
She has gone through the full transition.
She is very tall and a real gym bunny.
She was far too strong for me, I thought I would have been able to beat her.
The Following User Says Thank You to markpaulbaines For This Useful Post:
Old 13-Jun-21, 01:51
Points: 12,471, Level: 48 Points: 12,471, Level: 48 Points: 12,471, Level: 48
Activity: 9.5% Activity: 9.5% Activity: 9.5%
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,039 Times in 339 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by condensato [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Mercy in NYC. She’s on the Tempest website.
Old 13-Jun-21, 22:44
Points: 4,397, Level: 27 Points: 4,397, Level: 27 Points: 4,397, Level: 27
Last Achievements

Thanks, I just checked her out. Very tall and sexy looks like a capable wrestler as well.
One more reason to make the drive to NY.
Old 28-Jun-21, 00:43
Points: 6,779, Level: 35 Points: 6,779, Level: 35 Points: 6,779, Level: 35
Activity: 4.9% Activity: 4.9% Activity: 4.9%
Last Achievements

Amazon Ashley offers sessions. She’s pretty naturally strong, not a great wrestler per se, but she’s 6’7” and I’d guess well over 300 lbs so if you’re a normally sized guy you probably don’t stand a chance.
Old 28-Jun-21, 01:12
Points: 13,816, Level: 51 Points: 13,816, Level: 51 Points: 13,816, Level: 51
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,012 Times in 158 Posts

It's just MvM.
Old 15-Mar-23, 17:01
emma switch
This message has been deleted by emma switch. Reason: not helpful