Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion > Can women really beat men?

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 11-Jun-20, 15:33
ssddfaudhey

Default Re: Average Man vs Average Woman: it depends on how you define average

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Futuristics [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Testosterone counts for a lot.

The idea average women are stronger than average men is just projecting a fantasy.

However .. if there is an equaliser, it's deconditioning.

Average white-collar male who hasn't stayed active can be severely out of condition. Nowhere near as fit as they were as school boys.

I practically lived at the gym before quarantine. And I've trained with newbie guys who could barely chest press 14kg dumbbells.

Most guys I see in mixed wrestling video are actually very fit. An hour of wrestling is like running a marathon .. Even if they're not going all-out, the average middle-aged guy would probably be exhausted to the point of vomiting after a minute of full-on wrestling.

In fact that reporter who wrestles the school girl champ is done within, what, 20 seconds? And from that point, it's like an adult beating up an infant
True,im in good shape and after 10 min of grappling with the wife im wiped.The last few mins she just like ok now ill get you in a triangle or basically what ever she wants cause in done lol

Last edited by ssddfaudhey; 11-Jun-20 at 16:23.
Old 11-Jun-20, 15:51
Points: 13,908, Level: 51 Points: 13,908, Level: 51 Points: 13,908, Level: 51
Activity: 45.2% Activity: 45.2% Activity: 45.2%
Last Achievements

Thanked 4,438 Times in 903 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Futuristics [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Testosterone counts for a lot.

The idea average women are stronger than average men is just projecting a fantasy.

However .. if there is an equaliser, it's deconditioning.

Average white-collar male who hasn't stayed active can be severely out of condition. Nowhere near as fit as they were as school boys.

I practically lived at the gym before quarantine. And I've trained with newbie guys who could barely chest press 14kg dumbbells.

Most guys I see in mixed wrestling video are actually very fit. An hour of wrestling is like running a marathon .. Even if they're not going all-out, the average middle-aged guy would probably be exhausted to the point of vomiting after a minute of full-on wrestling.

In fact that reporter who wrestles the school girl champ is done within, what, 20 seconds? And from that point, it's like an adult beating up an infant
Not only middle age guys, even young guys and teenagers in pretty good shape but without any prior grappling experience are usually completely exhausted in just a couple of minutes of grappling full force.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Elbow Escape For This Useful Post:
Old 18-Jun-20, 18:39
Points: 7,542, Level: 37 Points: 7,542, Level: 37 Points: 7,542, Level: 37
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croushore [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
We’ve always been told that the average man is stronger than the average woman, but I’m pretty sure that’s not true. If you go by common statistics, the average man is 5 feet 9, weighs about 200 pounds. Average woman is just under 5-4, about 165. Of course average guys are going to be stronger than the average girl in that comparison. But let’s reverse things for a minute and match a 165-pound guy against a 200-pound woman. For years, I outweighed my wife by about 40 pounds, and while I had the upper-body advantage she could control me with her legs. There was one point when I lost a bunch of weight and she got pregnant, so our weights were reversed and she controlled me with ease. My point is the average man vs average woman thing is a bunch of bullshit. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve been to Wal-Mart and stood behind a woman with broad shoulders, mountainous breasts and wondered how she could crush me in a fight. I always feel small next to these women, who wear tank tops and carry a 25-pound kid under each arm. Wal-Mart women I call them. I’ve seen white women and black women built like that, probably between 200 and 225 pounds. I look at them and wonder what chance I would have in a fight. Even the fat girls look strong, and I often wonder how to attack in a fight. If I go for their massive legs, I’d be in serious trouble when she fends me off and lands on top. If I try to fight with the upper body, she could wrap those mom-strong arms around my neck and pull me in for a smothering.
Not every big woman is a Wal-Mart type, but when you level out the weights it reverses the definition of average.
There is little doubt in my mind that women can be the stronger sex.
Match my 200-pound frame against a trailer-Park, hood gal of equal weight and I’m going time get my ass kicked more times than not. My point is let’s not use the word average. How about same-weight woman or similar-build woman or just naturally strong woman.
I see women every day I know can kick my ass. It’s not abnormal at all. Large woman can be strong. They may not be the norm, but we should compare strength only when size is comparable. I know if I had to wrestle or fight 100 women who weigh 225 pounds, I’d be lucky to win half. These women are not weak. The average-man vs average-woman stuff is useless. Match them by comparable size and I’m not sure which sex is stronger.
Buddy, I hate to burst your bubble, but even when the weights are identical the man is usually stronger.

My son recently wrestled in 8th grade. There was a girl on his team, and each duel meet but one saw a girl on the other team as well. In these duel meets, not only did the boys win all the matches, not only did the girls not record a single takedown, but no girl ever made it out of the first round.

At the first tournament, I finally saw a girl make it out of the first round. She got pinned in the second. Then I saw a girl get a takedown. She even avoided losing by tech by a single point. I think she lost 19-5 or something like that.

At the second tournament, I finally saw a girl win a match. She teched the kid. Then she won another match. I think she made it into the semi-finals before she lost.

The girls' record through the season was something like 3-40. This is in junior high where the boys are only just starting to get that puberty advantage. And there are few girl wrestlers, which makes me think we are probably seeing better than average female wrestlers. If more girls get into wrestling, we'll find some more good ones but the win percentage will probably go down.

But that's why we have the fetish, right? If girls were as strong as guys, we wouldn't care. It's the man-bites-dog aspect that makes it so exciting. We are supposed to win against our antagonists, but when they beat us and humiliate us and sit on our faces to mark their superiority, it drives us wild.
Old 18-Jun-20, 20:46
Points: 3,149, Level: 23 Points: 3,149, Level: 23 Points: 3,149, Level: 23
Activity: 14.6% Activity: 14.6% Activity: 14.6%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by luchalibre [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Buddy, I hate to burst your bubble, but even when the weights are identical the man is usually stronger.

My son recently wrestled in 8th grade. There was a girl on his team, and each duel meet but one saw a girl on the other team as well. In these duel meets, not only did the boys win all the matches, not only did the girls not record a single takedown, but no girl ever made it out of the first round.

At the first tournament, I finally saw a girl make it out of the first round. She got pinned in the second. Then I saw a girl get a takedown. She even avoided losing by tech by a single point. I think she lost 19-5 or something like that.

At the second tournament, I finally saw a girl win a match. She teched the kid. Then she won another match. I think she made it into the semi-finals before she lost.

The girls' record through the season was something like 3-40. This is in junior high where the boys are only just starting to get that puberty advantage. And there are few girl wrestlers, which makes me think we are probably seeing better than average female wrestlers. If more girls get into wrestling, we'll find some more good ones but the win percentage will probably go down.

But that's why we have the fetish, right? If girls were as strong as guys, we wouldn't care. It's the man-bites-dog aspect that makes it so exciting. We are supposed to win against our antagonists, but when they beat us and humiliate us and sit on our faces to mark their superiority, it drives us wild.

Not sure if your experience is representative for every encounter between boys and girls in wrestling sports.
Before puberty hits the strength and athleticism is similar. After puberty the difference in body heavily favors the male, especially if the weight and skill level is similar.

I doubt the girls at the competitions you watched had trained just as hard and were just as experienced as the boys.

If more boys train a particular sport and train harder they will perform a lot better than the few girls who are not fully commited to it.

The idea that athleticism and raw power is a determining factor in wrestling also seems to simplistic. Tactics, experience, timing can negate strength and size difference.

A man without high level wrestling training can lift all the weights in the world and shoot all the steroids his body can endure and he would still lose against Adeline Gray or other high level wrestlers.
Old 18-Jun-20, 21:13
Moderator [D]
Points: 38,244, Level: 85 Points: 38,244, Level: 85 Points: 38,244, Level: 85
Activity: 99.2% Activity: 99.2% Activity: 99.2%
Last Achievements

Thanked 8,511 Times in 2,397 Posts

We are talking man and woman not girl or boy!

Average woman aroud 5'5' normal sporty (no martial artist) 125 pounds vs.
Average man around 5'10' normal sporty (no martial artist) 175 pounds.

90-95% the man will win!!! i find it painfull to find every bullshit justification that a woman would compete vs a man.

It changes only if the woman is sporty and skilled in martial art's! Amen!
Old 18-Jun-20, 21:47
ssddfaudhey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ours01 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

90-95% the man will win!!! i find it painfull to find every bullshit justification that a woman would compete vs a man.

Spot on man!
Old 19-Jun-20, 04:38
Points: 13,908, Level: 51 Points: 13,908, Level: 51 Points: 13,908, Level: 51
Activity: 45.2% Activity: 45.2% Activity: 45.2%
Last Achievements

Thanked 4,438 Times in 903 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrestler11 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
A man without high level wrestling training can lift all the weights in the world and shoot all the steroids his body can endure and he would still lose against Adeline Gray or other high level wrestlers.
No women involved here but still a perfect example of this concept in my opinion:
[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Elbow Escape For This Useful Post:
Old 19-Jun-20, 18:51
Moderator [D]
Points: 38,244, Level: 85 Points: 38,244, Level: 85 Points: 38,244, Level: 85
Activity: 99.2% Activity: 99.2% Activity: 99.2%
Last Achievements

Thanked 8,511 Times in 2,397 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elbow Escape [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
No women involved here but still a perfect example of this concept in my opinion:
[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
This is pretty clear! As i said, she is very skilled he not!, Me i'm 2.3 times heavier then Antscha but she beat me... not in Armwrestling, but in fights... But i fought female Bodybuilder that beat me easy in armwrestling, i played in with here fighting! Important is to have a minimum of 60% of strength, then the rest with skill you can help, without you're lost.
Old 19-Jun-20, 20:55
Points: 5,788, Level: 32 Points: 5,788, Level: 32 Points: 5,788, Level: 32
Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ours01 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

No doubt, 5 inches and 50lbs is the game changer. Even if you had a smaller guy, say 5’5” 125 (which was me in college) vs an average woman of similar height and weight, the guy is still stronger.

But having said that, many of us have learned that anything can happen in wrestling, and if the woman is able to capture you with an effective hold, perhaps by surprise, than it can be very embarrassing to your ego. I have seen many guys get snared in a choke hold by girls their size or slightly smaller over the years, and they will often end up having to be submissive. Having a woman’s arms clamped tight around your neck from behind is pretty hard to escape for the average person. Especially if you don’t want to hurt the other person by ramming them with your elbow or pulling their hair.

The first time I was captured this way I was amazed that I couldn’t pull her arms free, the leverage and physics totally favors the person holding rather than the person trying to escape. It’s a lot easier to keep something locked in your arms than it is to pry them off.

Last edited by Stirlingbloomingdale; 19-Jun-20 at 21:08.
Old 19-Jun-20, 22:48
Points: 1,902, Level: 17 Points: 1,902, Level: 17 Points: 1,902, Level: 17
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

I agree with you about averages being relative, but you are clearly overvaluing weight and overrating "walmart type" women. Those 200 pound women are overweight and not strong and their endurance is NOTHING. They have an ok base of strength from walking around with that weight but they're all flabby. Headscissors from 130 pound yoga type women who shop in the organic sections are far deadlier.

Last edited by time44; 19-Jun-20 at 23:19.

Tags
discussion, female supremacy, indian, physical domination, strength