Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > The Pioneers

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 27-Jul-20, 20:40
Points: 16,026, Level: 55 Points: 16,026, Level: 55 Points: 16,026, Level: 55
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,878 Times in 404 Posts
Default Re: Judell DuLong

Ulle,

Same for me. Start the thread, I'll add to it. BTW, Ziggy was the best technical wrestler IMHO. Good boxer too.

Old 27-Jul-20, 20:55
Points: 280, Level: 5 Points: 280, Level: 5 Points: 280, Level: 5
Activity: 1.9% Activity: 1.9% Activity: 1.9%

When the experts question me, I worry. Therefore, I reviewed the tape in question and, indeed, I was wrong on a couple of points. It is not 28 minutes long, it is 22:39 (hey, I have a lot of videos I cataloging in my head!) Also, and more importantly, there is no evidence of anyone photographing the women when they are posing. However, from 15:30 to 17:50 I don't know how else you would describe that except posing. That's not wrestling and that's not seeing if your opponent can escape---they're basically talking conversationally during this time.

Here's the "fantasy" I created: they were discussing, "didn't I have you like this?" and then (off screen) someone was photographing them. Because, Linda had Judell in several headlocks and that was one of the poses. similarly, Judell submitted Linda with head scissors and they worked on recreating that position. TO ME it looked like they were "positioning" for a better photo.

Then at 17.50, real wrestling resumes (there is a clear cut in the film.) The difference is obvious.

Finally, I remember in Judell's interview (the one on youtube, many years later) that she said, "Linda wasn't really into it. It was her husband's idea." I don't doubt that and whenever Linda is in her corner she almost looks scared! But, I don't buy that Judell "carried her" any more than other opponents (she never submitted to anyone!) Especially when they were standing, Linda was fighting her off pretty well. and linda never just "fell" to the mats as soon as Judell touched her (a sure sign of a jobber.)

I accept that the experts on this board "schooled me" But, I also know what I saw. With the super 8 there's always so much imagined, "is she crying in pain or laughing uproariously?"
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ullefan2 For This Useful Post:
Old 28-Jul-20, 15:19
Points: 3,410, Level: 24 Points: 3,410, Level: 24 Points: 3,410, Level: 24
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian270446 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
In December 2017 there was some discussion about Judell appearing with Regis Philbin.

I saw on the news today that Regis has just died at 88 years of age.
I've seen the photos of her in a magazine with Reege. After Joey Bishop's show ended in the early seventies, he did a morning talk show for an LA station until he went cable. Judell, IIRC, brought Nancy Skarvan with her.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zygote For This Useful Post:
Old 28-Jul-20, 15:45
Points: 4,580, Level: 28 Points: 4,580, Level: 28 Points: 4,580, Level: 28
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements

I was (and still am) a big fan of Ziggy (Michelle Ziegler) and remember many of her early matches for both Joan Wise and Premier Productions, where she wrestled a number of fit men competitively. Ziggy , was the real deal when it came to full on competitive wrestling and one of the highlights of my own mixed session career was when I met her for a session in Ft Lauderdale in the early 2000's (when I went there for a work conference). I remember the space we wrestled in was quite small - like a small garage or detached from from her house - so we didn't have a lot of room to roll around. But it didn't really matter, because she was so skilled, fast, and strong I never really had a chance to get a fall from her - and this was back in the day when I still went at it fairly competitively with some of the session ladies - but Ziggy was able to tie me up into knots and pin me throughout. She had a terrific physique from years of body building and lifting, was super skilled, and was one of the nicest most genuine women I had met on the scene. Nothing but fond memories from this one session I had. At the time, I was living on the west coast, but had I been closer to Ziggy I surely would have seen her many more times. I can only hope she is doing well with her life now.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lance For This Useful Post:
Old 28-Jul-20, 17:40
Points: 56,004, Level: 100 Points: 56,004, Level: 100 Points: 56,004, Level: 100
Activity: 9.5% Activity: 9.5% Activity: 9.5%
Last Achievements

Thanked 20,451 Times in 1,285 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I was (and still am) a big fan of Ziggy (Michelle Ziegler) and remember many of her early matches for both Joan Wise and Premier Productions, where she wrestled a number of fit men competitively. Ziggy , was the real deal when it came to full on competitive wrestling and one of the highlights of my own mixed session career was when I met her for a session in Ft Lauderdale in the early 2000's (when I went there for a work conference). I remember the space we wrestled in was quite small - like a small garage or detached from from her house - so we didn't have a lot of room to roll around. But it didn't really matter, because she was so skilled, fast, and strong I never really had a chance to get a fall from her - and this was back in the day when I still went at it fairly competitively with some of the session ladies - but Ziggy was able to tie me up into knots and pin me throughout. She had a terrific physique from years of body building and lifting, was super skilled, and was one of the nicest most genuine women I had met on the scene. Nothing but fond memories from this one session I had. At the time, I was living on the west coast, but had I been closer to Ziggy I surely would have seen her many more times. I can only hope she is doing well with her life now.
One of her early matches with Joan Wise, against Dave, who I believe is a member here, remains a favorite of mine. Not only the way she totally dominated but the victory posing with music at the end.
Old 28-Jul-20, 17:52
Points: 4,580, Level: 28 Points: 4,580, Level: 28 Points: 4,580, Level: 28
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements

Yes, agree with that old match of Ziggy vs Dave - that was when Ziggy herself was still fairly lean and a lot thinner than her later matches, when she clearly built up her frame with more muscle.

BTW, since this is a thread originally about Judell, I also remember back in the mid 70's actually exchanging letters with Judell, when I would often order tapes and picture sets from her and the Camp Amazon ladies. She was always very responsive and nice about staying in touch. Something I appreciated a lot (as was Joan Wise). It's strange, because many decades later my family and I moved to San Diego and I remember the first time I drove through Pine Valley, the first thing that came to mind was of course Camp Amazon - what memories!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lance For This Useful Post:
Old 28-Jul-20, 18:16
Points: 56,004, Level: 100 Points: 56,004, Level: 100 Points: 56,004, Level: 100
Activity: 9.5% Activity: 9.5% Activity: 9.5%
Last Achievements

Thanked 20,451 Times in 1,285 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Yes, agree with that old match of Ziggy vs Dave - that was when Ziggy herself was still fairly lean and a lot thinner than her later matches, when she clearly built up her frame with more muscle.

BTW, since this is a thread originally about Judell, I also remember back in the mid 70's actually exchanging letters with Judell, when I would often order tapes and picture sets from her and the Camp Amazon ladies. She was always very responsive and nice about staying in touch. Something I appreciated a lot (as was Joan Wise). It's strange, because many decades later my family and I moved to San Diego and I remember the first time I drove through Pine Valley, the first thing that came to mind was of course Camp Amazon - what memories!
Very true about Ziggy and her body transformation. Hard to believe it was the same person. Back in the day I ordered a fair amount from both Judell and Joan and was never disappointed. Quality products from both. Obviously much credit also has to go to the ladies they had perform.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kevin38 For This Useful Post:
Old 29-Jul-20, 12:57
Points: 14,256, Level: 51 Points: 14,256, Level: 51 Points: 14,256, Level: 51
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 1,096 Times in 394 Posts

Ziggy... I met her in my Mass Muscle days, and we really clicked.
Lance, she was very "genuine," agree? She was one of the few with whom I'd wrestle more 'technically,' and she was always a step ahead of me.
YET once we'd stop, she'd begin chatting and was so authentically likeable.
A ready smile, a charming personality.... "Come on, walk me to my car!!" or "Can we stop so you can buy me a soda?"
What a delight... from a sweet kid who had me in a full nelson only 15 minutes earlier and kept tightening it until I felt like I was a guest of the Spanish Inquisition.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to galaxy advisory For This Useful Post:
Old 29-Dec-20, 16:25
Points: 1,341, Level: 14 Points: 1,341, Level: 14 Points: 1,341, Level: 14
Last Achievements

Sorry a bit late to the party haha, but I love Judell and her teams matches! I wonder if Judell ever wrestled any of her kids or granddaughter in a match? Does anyone know if this was the case? They definitely are a family of talented wrestlers (sorry if this has already been mentioned, it’s a big thread) take care guys
Old 29-Dec-20, 22:34
Points: 11,342, Level: 46 Points: 11,342, Level: 46 Points: 11,342, Level: 46
Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 1,956 Times in 239 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pindownwrestler1914 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Sorry a bit late to the party haha, but I love Judell and her teams matches! I wonder if Judell ever wrestled any of her kids or granddaughter in a match? Does anyone know if this was the case? They definitely are a family of talented wrestlers (sorry if this has already been mentioned, it’s a big thread) take care guys
As you said, it is a long thread. You will see from some of the earlier posts as you work your way through them, I have been friends with the Du Long family for probably the best part of 50 years. I have a complete list of everything Judell released. I used to have a full collection of the brochures she produced, but a year or so ago I sent those to Jacqy to have in her collection. I also have an almost complete collection of the films/videos she released. There was never a release of any matches of Judell wrestling her children. Sharon was a competent wrestler when she was a teenager and I would be very surprised if she and Judell did not wrestle each other privately. We know from a table I have previously uploaded (was going to upload it to this message as well, but the system would not allow it) that the girls had many more matches than what were released. Also if you have ever seen the match between Victoria Lee and her sister Carin, when Judell was interviewing them after the match they talked about getting their mother to wrestle and Judell made the comment that "mother versus daughter matches are a lot of fun". I suspect she was talking from experience. As for either Judell or Sharon wrestling Jacqy, I suspect that never happened for a variety of reasons, but Judell said to me that when Jacqy was about 5 years old she would get Judell to lie on the floor and sit on her stomach and make Judell say "I submit". Judell was also quick to add that it was the only time she ever said those words.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ian270446 For This Useful Post:

Tags
female wrestling, judell dulong, oldies