Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Stories

View Poll Results: What kind of relationship between the m. vs f. fighter do you like the most?
No emotions, just a pure competitive contest between two strangers. 1 0.82%
They're friends/lovers and wrestling/fighting is a friendly challenge. 15 12.30%
Friendly at first but things get heated after the fight due to cocky winner/sore loser. 19 15.57%
Animosity at first, but they make up after the fight. 16 13.11%
There is genuine animosity between them and it continues after the fight. The winner taunts and rubs it in to humiliate the loser. 71 58.20%
Voters: 122. You may not vote on this poll

Old 18-Nov-20, 22:58
Points: 8,315, Level: 39 Points: 8,315, Level: 39 Points: 8,315, Level: 39
Activity: 23.7% Activity: 23.7% Activity: 23.7%
Award-Showcase

Thanked 1,512 Times in 281 Posts
Default Do you like if there is animosity and trash talk between the characters?

I'm really interested whether people here prefer the male and female character to dislike each other before/after the contest, or if it's a friendly rivalry.

I will include multiple options in the poll.
Old 19-Nov-20, 11:05
Points: 12,304, Level: 48 Points: 12,304, Level: 48 Points: 12,304, Level: 48
Activity: 28.8% Activity: 28.8% Activity: 28.8%
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,420 Times in 1,023 Posts
Default Re: Do you like if there is animosity and trash talk between the characters?

My option probably isn't in the list, but I kind of like it when the two are affectionate and loving towards one another, but when they start wrestling they slip into a roleplay that feigns aggression and hostility. Perhaps the girl knows how much her man is turned on by a skilled and aggressive female, so she does her best to help him experience his fantasy.

In terms of the options you presented, I would probably prefer "They're friends/lovers and wrestling/fighting is a friendly challenge." I think all of the options you gave can make for compelling and exciting stories, though. i guess I just feel that out and out hatred is too exhausting and distracts from the excitement of the fight itself.

Interesting question. Thanks for asking.
The Following User Says Thank You to mixfightor For This Useful Post:
Old 19-Nov-20, 15:57
Points: 1,380, Level: 14 Points: 1,380, Level: 14 Points: 1,380, Level: 14
Activity: 13.6% Activity: 13.6% Activity: 13.6%

Default Re: Do you like if there is animosity and trash talk between the characters?

Only if the trash talk is good. If you're just going to go with "I'm going to kick your ass, bitch," you're just wasting everybody's time.
Old 19-Nov-20, 16:48
Points: 7,265, Level: 36 Points: 7,265, Level: 36 Points: 7,265, Level: 36
Activity: 28.8% Activity: 28.8% Activity: 28.8%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixfightor [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
My option probably isn't in the list, but I kind of like it when the two are affectionate and loving towards one another, but when they start wrestling they slip into a roleplay that feigns aggression and hostility. Perhaps the girl knows how much her man is turned on by a skilled and aggressive female, so she does her best to help him experience his fantasy.

In terms of the options you presented, I would probably prefer "They're friends/lovers and wrestling/fighting is a friendly challenge." I think all of the options you gave can make for compelling and exciting stories, though. i guess I just feel that out and out hatred is too exhausting and distracts from the excitement of the fight itself.

Interesting question. Thanks for asking.
You must love my wife’s wrestling style and demeanor as that is exactly what she does, and she does it ridiculously well as she knows that is what I like as well and how exactly to push my buttons.

Last edited by haymaker; 19-Nov-20 at 19:29.
The Following User Says Thank You to haymaker For This Useful Post:
Old 21-Nov-20, 16:20
Points: 3,702, Level: 25 Points: 3,702, Level: 25 Points: 3,702, Level: 25
Activity: 1.7% Activity: 1.7% Activity: 1.7%
Last Achievements

I guess I"m going to be the spoiler with the reality here. Fighting takes up energy (duh!), and in real life, you are going to be too busy catching your breath than taking time (time is another factor, because fights are over quickly) to say something other than one-word insults. When the fight is finished, that would be a more appropriate time to say something clever/snarky/stupid, whatever.
Trash talk dialogue works in comic books, but not in the movies, or a written story.
Animosity though, would depend on the story itself. Is it two strangers? Two friends turned enemies? A contest? The last people on earth struggling over resources? Map out the situation, and you get your answer.
Old 21-Nov-20, 18:34
Points: 8,315, Level: 39 Points: 8,315, Level: 39 Points: 8,315, Level: 39
Activity: 23.7% Activity: 23.7% Activity: 23.7%
Award-Showcase

Thanked 1,512 Times in 281 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongoose750 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I guess I"m going to be the spoiler with the reality here. Fighting takes up energy (duh!), and in real life, you are going to be too busy catching your breath than taking time (time is another factor, because fights are over quickly) to say something other than one-word insults. When the fight is finished, that would be a more appropriate time to say something clever/snarky/stupid, whatever.
Well most of trash talk in these stories is before and after the fight. But to be honest I don't mind it it's during the fight too, unless it's too long which makes it unrealistic like you say.

Although if it's an organized contests with say 1-minute breaks between rounds, there could be trash talk during those breaks.
Old 21-Nov-20, 23:05
Points: 1,250, Level: 13 Points: 1,250, Level: 13 Points: 1,250, Level: 13
Activity: 5.1% Activity: 5.1% Activity: 5.1%

Only if it's mostly from the woman, she wins, and then sexually dominates the man afterwards.
Old 22-Nov-20, 01:14
Points: 37,003, Level: 84 Points: 37,003, Level: 84 Points: 37,003, Level: 84
Activity: 8.5% Activity: 8.5% Activity: 8.5%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,508 Times in 607 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongoose750 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Trash talk dialogue works in comic books, but not in the movies, or a written story.
Animosity though, would depend on the story itself. Is it two strangers? Two friends turned enemies? A contest? The last people on earth struggling over resources? Map out the situation, and you get your answer.
I disagree. Often times in a wrestling match/fight where the winner is easily winning and sitting on top or scissoring, they are capable of talking.

But most importantly, this is a fantasy, so they can totally do this. I never understood why the owner of the clip doesn't take ownership on wrestler/jobber relationship. I owned a clip 4 sale store for a hot second and my jobbers NEVER laughed/joked etc. But it was too much work to make $25 profit.