Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 12-Jul-20, 16:23
Points: 9,571, Level: 42 Points: 9,571, Level: 42 Points: 9,571, Level: 42
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements

Default Re: Could you escape if it was life and death

I was rolling BJJ with a girl that is a friend of my sisters in training and it got very competitive. she beat me and I was frustrated that i lost. She made a comment that it must be tough for me as a man to lose a fight to girl. I immediately protested and said in a real fight I would destroy her and it was only because of the BJJ rules that she won. Well she said she could kill me if she wanted to and warned me that she would not have to follow the rules either in a real fight. Of course we did not fight but I thought about that statement a lot over the years including joking around about it with my sister and her friend. Both still maintain she could have killed me if she wanted too.

So while I think I could escape if my life depended on it, i think alot depends if she is similarly motivated for the kill and what she could do it motivated that way
The Following User Says Thank You to wsxqaz For This Useful Post:
Old 12-Jul-20, 16:32
ssddfaudhey

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsxqaz [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I was rolling BJJ with a girl that is a friend of my sisters in training and it got very competitive. she beat me and I was frustrated that i lost. She made a comment that it must be tough for me as a man to lose a fight to girl. I immediately protested and said in a real fight I would destroy her and it was only because of the BJJ rules that she won. Well she said she could kill me if she wanted to and warned me that she would not have to follow the rules either in a real fight. Of course we did not fight but I thought about that statement a lot over the years including joking around about it with my sister and her friend. Both still maintain she could have killed me if she wanted too.

So while I think I could escape if my life depended on it, i think alot depends if she is similarly motivated for the kill and what she could do it motivated that way
She has a good point too! I said the same to my wife and her friend at one time.Which brought up the idea of sparring gear and allowing some striking.That actually ended up being more to their advantage than mine.lol Bjj is definitely no joke!
Old 12-Jul-20, 16:38
Points: 57,594, Level: 100 Points: 57,594, Level: 100 Points: 57,594, Level: 100
Activity: 92.9% Activity: 92.9% Activity: 92.9%
Last Achievements

Thanked 8,751 Times in 1,917 Posts

With a proficiently applied choke (triangle, guillotine, RNC, etc) it doesn't take very long to lose consciousness. In Jiu Jitsu they say 'tap or sleep' ... 'tap or snap'.

It's also very difficult to get any leverage to fight back with brute force or biting, gauging, etc. There is nothing to bite - you don't have the range of motion to turn your head as the technique locks the head in place. Body mechanics are all working against you.

You're basically done for once the technique is locked in.

The Following User Says Thank You to jiminy For This Useful Post:
Old 12-Jul-20, 17:28
ssddfaudhey

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminy [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
With a proficiently applied choke (triangle, guillotine, RNC, etc) it doesn't take very long to lose consciousness. In Jiu Jitsu they say 'tap or sleep' ... 'tap or snap'.

It's also very difficult to get any leverage to fight back with brute force or biting, gauging, etc. There is nothing to bite - you don't have the range of motion to turn your head as the technique locks the head in place. Body mechanics are all working against you.

Pretty much man!RNC all you can do is try to trow elbows but it wont be enough.Triangke you can punch the legs with one arm agsin you will likely sleep before doing damage. Guillotine is one i though I could escspe from on my wife and was proven wrong.Punches to the sides were not effective quickly enough.
Old 12-Jul-20, 17:45
Points: 26,283, Level: 70 Points: 26,283, Level: 70 Points: 26,283, Level: 70
Activity: 99.3% Activity: 99.3% Activity: 99.3%
Last Achievements

Thanked 3,335 Times in 1,828 Posts

It's good to remember that while we sort of make light of this stuff by discussing it in a place like this, the techniques themselves are meant to be very serious business. Anybody who's done a session with a lady who really knows what she's doing knows what getting locked in her rnc or triangle really feels like, if you (or anyone) can escape from her than she's screwed up the hold. We like it because of how it feels being that close to a sexy woman, but if her intentions were different she would be using exactly the same hold.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to boyofwinter For This Useful Post:
Old 12-Jul-20, 17:46
Points: 3,793, Level: 25 Points: 3,793, Level: 25 Points: 3,793, Level: 25
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminy [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

That's one of most dominant position session wrestler put me and say "do everything you can to go out of this" I start trying and somebody from the hotel start knocking at the door. She says 'in a minute' She knows that despite trying everything i can in a minute I will have to tap....
Old 12-Jul-20, 19:50
Temporary group
Points: 7,133, Level: 36 Points: 7,133, Level: 36 Points: 7,133, Level: 36
Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1%
Last Achievements

No. If any of the top women applied any of several holds, there is no way I could escape.
Old 12-Jul-20, 20:23
Points: 8,148, Level: 38 Points: 8,148, Level: 38 Points: 8,148, Level: 38
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssddfaudhey [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Pretty much man!RNC all you can do is try to trow elbows but it wont be enough.Triangke you can punch the legs with one arm agsin you will likely sleep before doing damage. Guillotine is one i though I could escspe from on my wife and was proven wrong.Punches to the sides were not effective quickly enough.

A rule of thumb is you will pass out seven seconds after someone locks in a jiu-jitsu choke.

In that situation, you can try biting, poking eyes or hitting the groin ...

But your odds are much better if you start escaping/fighting dirty before your opponent locks in a technique
Old 12-Jul-20, 20:51
ssddfaudhey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClckwrkOra [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
A rule of thumb is you will pass out seven seconds after someone locks in a jiu-jitsu choke.

In that situation, you can try biting, poking eyes or hitting the groin ...

But your odds are much better if you start escaping/fighting dirty before your opponent locks in a technique

Good luck biting or poking eyes in a mounted triangle lol
Old 12-Jul-20, 20:57
Points: 8,148, Level: 38 Points: 8,148, Level: 38 Points: 8,148, Level: 38
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssddfaudhey [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Good luck biting or poking eyes in a mounted triangle lol

Biting might be possible in that scenario, or perhaps a groin attack.

But as I said ... if you wait until the technique is locked in, time is not on your side