Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Videos

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 01-Aug-20, 14:11
Points: 4,016, Level: 26 Points: 4,016, Level: 26 Points: 4,016, Level: 26
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Default Disappointments.

When I was growing up, mixed wrestling was pretty non-existent and even female wrestling clips were rare. So you can imagine my delight when there was talk of a tv show featuring women wrestling. Many of these shows turned out to be big disappointments. I was reminded of one recently when I looked for a show called The Management which had female mud wrestling in it. The clip lasted for less than a few seconds. I would have been eagerly awaiting that show (which was terrible) only to be very disappointed.
I wondered what other shows or fims turned out to be big letdowns? I can think of Barbarella and One Million Years B.C. for starters.
The Following User Says Thank You to grappler For This Useful Post:
Old 01-Aug-20, 20:17
Temporary group
Points: 7,133, Level: 36 Points: 7,133, Level: 36 Points: 7,133, Level: 36
Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1%
Last Achievements

Default Re: Disappointments.

Almost everything in the mainstream will be disappointing, and most videos as well. 95% is outrageously fake and stupid. Find something you like and enjoy that. For me, CMX/CPL, Fight Pulse, Antscha, Nikki Whiplash, Utopia, and a few others do the trick.

Last edited by pinme; 01-Aug-20 at 20:42.
The Following User Says Thank You to pinme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-Aug-20, 20:46
Points: 36,366, Level: 83 Points: 36,366, Level: 83 Points: 36,366, Level: 83
Activity: 9.8% Activity: 9.8% Activity: 9.8%
Last Achievements

Thanked 5,549 Times in 720 Posts

Ditto.

The show La Femme Nikita was literally about a beautiful female operative who was trained to fight and use her femininity to her advantage, yet in 96 episodes they only managed to crank out 1 mediocre scissor scene. Then the "Nikita" remake which ran 73 episodes, to my knowledge, doesn't have any scissor/triangle scenes that are worth mentioning.

The same could be said for movies like Hanna (film), Hanna (TV series), Red Sparrow (film), Atomic Blonde (film), and the list goes on and on and on.

In my opinion, there are two reasons for this:

1. While this is changing, there is still a lack of awareness in the mainstream world of the efficacy of jiujitsu and modern grappling techniques and the credibility they give to male/female fights.

2. The majority of people uneducated in grappling instinctively associate moves like headscissors, triangles, and anything that involves a woman wrapping her legs around a man to be overtly sexual and not something to be taken seriously.
Old 01-Aug-20, 22:30
Points: 5,196, Level: 30 Points: 5,196, Level: 30 Points: 5,196, Level: 30
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements

I have long been of the opinion that it is censorship ie there is still a reluctance in the media to portray a woman sitting astride a man.When such scenes are shown they are invariably cut short or the camera moves away and leaves the scene as a a kind of suggestion.I know one could point to scenes like Police Academy, but they are very rare and even the much publicised Haywire scene was shot in semi darkness and was rather vague.