Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Women's MMA

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 15-Jul-18, 09:56
Points: 57,559, Level: 100 Points: 57,559, Level: 100 Points: 57,559, Level: 100
Activity: 85.7% Activity: 85.7% Activity: 85.7%
Last Achievements

Thanked 8,746 Times in 1,915 Posts
Default Re: Cat Zingano and her come back fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerCrushes [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Coming in as the clear betting favorite, the only thing Reneau really showed was an ability to take some damage. Zingano was getting no pre-fight respect....available odds were as high as +150 in some places.

She is 35, but I could potentially see Zingano fighting at this level for another 4-5 years.
It was a bit of a weird and kind of self-depreciating performance from Marion. She was having some of her best moments in the standup, and seemed to have the better hands when they engaged. I think she snapped Cat's head back a few times and maybe even rocked her a little at one point, but gave up the takedowns far too easily, even pulling guard two or three times, deliberately putting herself on the bottom. I understand that she believes in her jiu jitsu and ability to hit triangles from the bottom, but Cat is not sloppy when it comes to BJJ. You don't really want to be on the ground with Cat unless you're an absolute wizard and as good as Marion is, she's no Rousey, Dern or Suarez.

It was either really bad fight IQ or another hypothesis is that she didn't like Cat's body kicks. Those stabbing front kicks - digging the ball of the foot into the body - can be deceptively debilitating.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jiminy For This Useful Post:
Old 15-Jul-18, 13:10
Points: 10,043, Level: 43 Points: 10,043, Level: 43 Points: 10,043, Level: 43
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminy [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
It was a bit of a weird and kind of self-depreciating performance from Marion. She was having some of her best moments in the standup, and seemed to have the better hands when they engaged. I think she snapped Cat's head back a few times and maybe even rocked her a little at one point, but gave up the takedowns far too easily, even pulling guard two or three times, deliberately putting herself on the bottom. I understand that she believes in her jiu jitsu and ability to hit triangles from the bottom, but Cat is not sloppy when it comes to BJJ. You don't really want to be on the ground with Cat unless you're an absolute wizard and as good as Marion is, she's no Rousey, Dern or Suarez.

It was either really bad fight IQ or another hypothesis is that she didn't like Cat's body kicks. Those stabbing front kicks - digging the ball of the foot into the body - can be deceptively debilitating.
Great analysis! I'm glad to see Cat on the comeback trail but don't see how she gets her wish to avenge her losses against anyone but Viera. Ronda is gone and Juliana seems to be as well.
The Following User Says Thank You to mermao For This Useful Post:
Old 15-Jul-18, 15:06
Points: 57,559, Level: 100 Points: 57,559, Level: 100 Points: 57,559, Level: 100
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mermao [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Great analysis! I'm glad to see Cat on the comeback trail but don't see how she gets her wish to avenge her losses against anyone but Viera. Ronda is gone and Juliana seems to be as well.
Julianna is supposedly looking to come back in the latter part of the year. She is not done fighting.

That is potentially a fight they could roll back considering Julianna is coming off a loss to Valentina and is unlikely to walk straight into a title shot.
The Following User Says Thank You to jiminy For This Useful Post:
Old 15-Oct-18, 11:54
Last Achievements

[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

Quote:
Cat Zingano vs. Megan Anderson in the works for UFC 232

ESPN’s Ariel Helwani reports that Cat Zingano vs. Megan Anderson is a matchup that UFC is looking to book for UFC 232, the same card as Cyborg vs. Nunes. Nothing is finalized, but Cyborg has been vocal about wanting a backup fight for this event, and she may get her wish. A lack of a backup plan for title fights in recent years has led to some criticism of the UFC, and it looks as if they’re addressing that issue.

Zingano (10-3) snapped a three-fight losing streak by defeating Marion Reneau at UFC Boise in July. The former UFC women’s bantamweight title challenger has never competed at featherweight, but has campaigned for bouts at the weight class.

Anderson (8-3) is the former Invicta FC featherweight champion who finally made her UFC debut earlier this year. Unfortunately for the Australian, she was thoroughly dominated by Holly Holm and lost a unanimous decision. Prior to the defeat, Anderson had won four straight fights, all by TKO, including over the likes of Charmaine Tweet and Amber Leibrock.

UFC 232 takes place on December 29th in Las Vegas, Nevada and is headlined by a light heavyweight championship rematch between Jon Jones and Alexander Gustafsson. This will be for the vacant belt, as Daniel Cormier will be stripped as soon as the fight actually happens.

Fun fight. This will also serve as a good option for alternates if either Cyborg or Nunes drop out of their bout.

Big size difference but the "mmath" points to Cat's wrestling being several levels above Holly's and Holly pretty much mauled Megan to the ground and kept her there. On paper, it's a good stylistic match up for Cat.

Last edited by jiminy; 15-Oct-18 at 12:36.
The Following User Says Thank You to jiminy For This Useful Post:
Old 23-Nov-18, 18:41
Points: 13,581, Level: 50 Points: 13,581, Level: 50 Points: 13,581, Level: 50
Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8%
Last Achievements

I just watched an interview on YouTube where Joe Rogan was talking to Cat. It was fascinating she talked about how she hated having her fights go to a decision. She wants A resolution in the cage. As she said she wants to find out who gets the bone ! Her comments were very revealing to wear her head is at once she gets into the cage. She left no doubt that she is going to try to destroy the other women
Old 23-Nov-18, 19:19
Points: 8,148, Level: 38 Points: 8,148, Level: 38 Points: 8,148, Level: 38
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminy [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

Fun fight. This will also serve as a good option for alternates if either Cyborg or Nunes drop out of their bout.

Big size difference but the "mmath" points to Cat's wrestling being several levels above Holly's and Holly pretty much mauled Megan to the ground and kept her there. On paper, it's a good stylistic match up for Cat.

In 2016 I watched Juliana Pena take Cat's back and keep her on defense for three rounds.

Cat's supposed to be a wrestling champion, but Juliana -- who apparently is a blue belt in BJJ -- outdid her on the ground.

Time for Alpha Cat to retire.
The Following User Says Thank You to ClckwrkOra For This Useful Post:
Old 24-Nov-18, 03:55
Points: 13,581, Level: 50 Points: 13,581, Level: 50 Points: 13,581, Level: 50
Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8%
Last Achievements

Father Time gets all of us for sure. Hopefully Ms Zingano has a few good fights left in her. I am looking forward to watching her and Megan Anderson go at it and see which Amazon gets the bone.
Old 24-Nov-18, 07:26
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClckwrkOra [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
In 2016 I watched Juliana Pena take Cat's back and keep her on defense for three rounds.

Cat's supposed to be a wrestling champion, but Juliana -- who apparently is a blue belt in BJJ -- outdid her on the ground.

Time for Alpha Cat to retire.
She just beat Marion Reneau who's a black belt in BJJ tho...

Also, I don't think she can afford to retire.

Old 24-Nov-18, 20:43
Producer
Points: 27,496, Level: 72 Points: 27,496, Level: 72 Points: 27,496, Level: 72
Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,447 Times in 1,066 Posts

Weird video - I did not quite understand what I was watching and the comments on the side made even less sense to me. It was strange to me that someone - in a seemingly heartfelt post from Cat - decided to take a shot at Felice Herrig for "shaking her ass like a stripper".

What is Cat Zingano's day job? And was she telling the fans that she is a single mom now?
Old 25-Nov-18, 04:57
Points: 10,043, Level: 43 Points: 10,043, Level: 43 Points: 10,043, Level: 43
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements

Hasn't she been a single mom since her husband tragically killed himself several years ago?
The Following User Says Thank You to mermao For This Useful Post: