Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Session Reviews

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 28-Jul-21, 19:47
Points: 6,474, Level: 34 Points: 6,474, Level: 34 Points: 6,474, Level: 34
Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8%
Last Achievements

Default How to use these reviews

I often cringe when I am asked if I am strong or a session wrestler is strong or a good wrestler or whatever. We are all so vastly different in our capabilities and in our desires for a session, that it's almost impossible to answer that.

For instance, who is strong to me might be weak to you, and who is a bad wrestler to me might be the female Dan Gable to you.

So here is how I get use out of all the reviews I have seen here.

1. I try to find reviews of women I have already sessioned with. If I see someone who has written a review that largely comports with my feelings about the sessionette, I tend to give that person's reviews much credit.

2. I look for things that are less subjective in the reviews and more quantifiable: Ease of setting the session, set-up for the session, place to session, etc.

3. Attitude. I know this is subjective, but when I see that numerous guys praise a lady's attitude and demeanor in both setting up the sessions and in the sesssion itself, it means a lot to me. At the end of the day, these are supposed to be fun and something we enjoy, and if the person we're doing it with his miserable and doesn't want to be there, it will hurt the session.

4. Finally, I look at timeliness of the reviews. I give more recent reviews more credence. People change, both physically and emotionally. If someone wasn't a good session eight years ago, they may have gained experience and knowledge and are a great session now.

I have been lucky that I've had few very poor sessions and I session a lot. I credit a lot of that to the forums and my being able to use these criteria I laid out to scope out a lady I'm thinking of sessioning with.

Last edited by wrestlebrett; 28-Jul-21 at 21:28. Reason: Correct spelling error
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to wrestlebrett For This Useful Post:
Old 28-Jul-21, 22:30
Points: 9,908, Level: 42 Points: 9,908, Level: 42 Points: 9,908, Level: 42
Activity: 11.9% Activity: 11.9% Activity: 11.9%
Last Achievements

Default Re: How to use these reviews

I agree with some of what you are saying here except for the strength aspect...that isn't that subjective. For instance, I am 6'0, 185 lbs and in my early 40's...I can curl with 40's and bench 200 lbs...not as strong as I used to be, but still pretty strong for my age and no fight training...so based on that, I would tend to look for other guys with similar numbers or stronger and see how they faired against the girls I am interested in. In my perspective that is one of the factors that is most easily measured.
Old 28-Jul-21, 23:15
Points: 6,474, Level: 34 Points: 6,474, Level: 34 Points: 6,474, Level: 34
Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwillpinu [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I agree with some of what you are saying here except for the strength aspect...that isn't that subjective. For instance, I am 6'0, 185 lbs and in my early 40's...I can curl with 40's and bench 200 lbs...not as strong as I used to be, but still pretty strong for my age and no fight training...so based on that, I would tend to look for other guys with similar numbers or stronger and see how they faired against the girls I am interested in. In my perspective that is one of the factors that is most easily measured.
I think we're saying the same thing. You are using stats. But when I talk about the strength aspect, I see most often comments like, "OMG, she was stronger than an NFL linebacker!" Something like that and it's hard to quantify

But if you say, Hey, I bench 200 and she was stronger than me, then I get it. Those are numbers to numbers we can compare.

That said, if a person knows how to wrestle, they can often feel stronger than they are. They can put their weight on you and it's hard to move them.

All in all, though, I think we're on the same page
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wrestlebrett For This Useful Post:
Old 29-Jul-21, 00:34
Points: 26,283, Level: 70 Points: 26,283, Level: 70 Points: 26,283, Level: 70
Activity: 99.3% Activity: 99.3% Activity: 99.3%
Last Achievements

Thanked 3,335 Times in 1,828 Posts

The job of a movie (or games now I guess) reviewer is less to be objective than to tell readers if they'll like something based on them knowing the reviewer's tastes. None of us are truly objective or retain total knowledge of anything.
Old 29-Jul-21, 00:37
Points: 3,402, Level: 24 Points: 3,402, Level: 24 Points: 3,402, Level: 24
Activity: 6.3% Activity: 6.3% Activity: 6.3%
Last Achievements

here is my personal experience trying to get the right girls for a session i cut down strenght in three different part to know what to espect no matter what size the girl is
1)skills: is the girl a blue belt or black belt in jiu jitsu or judo
2)Endurance as the girls submit most of her client 5time or 50time in 1H and keep going (is the girl fit or not)
3)personality type:is the girl aggressive,gentle, defensive

because i dont care how big u are if the girl is a black belt in jiu jitsu submit every guy she wrestled 100time in 1H and is super aggressive u know what u are getting