Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #201  
Old 11-Oct-20, 19:38
RNC RNC is offline
Member
Points: 5,804, Level: 32 Points: 5,804, Level: 32 Points: 5,804, Level: 32
Activity: 46.3% Activity: 46.3% Activity: 46.3%
Last Achievements
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 298
Thanks: 1,005
Thanked 512 Times in 202 Posts
Default Re: Session rates are getting out of hand

In order for my to recommend my sister (or friend) to become a session wrestler, the hourly pay would have to be significantly higher than it is today.

This means that session wrestlers are significantly underpaid, in my view, all things considered, e.g. studio costs, safety (injury and more serious safety concerns), how taboo it is, career longevity, skills required, advertising, difficult clients, time spent organising sessions, etc.

Therefore, I don't think that session wrestling fees are even close to getting out of hand.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RNC For This Useful Post:
  #202  
Old 11-Oct-20, 19:38
Juvi Juvi is offline
Member
Points: 5,581, Level: 31 Points: 5,581, Level: 31 Points: 5,581, Level: 31
Activity: 3.7% Activity: 3.7% Activity: 3.7%
Last Achievements
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 441
Thanks: 466
Thanked 373 Times in 200 Posts
Default Re: Session rates are getting out of hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritz [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Correct!
And itīs only the fault of the concerned girls ?
The Following User Says Thank You to Juvi For This Useful Post:
  #203  
Old 11-Oct-20, 19:51
Subboy2's Avatar
Subboy2 Subboy2 is offline
Member
Points: 15,019, Level: 53 Points: 15,019, Level: 53 Points: 15,019, Level: 53
Activity: 20.4% Activity: 20.4% Activity: 20.4%
Last Achievements
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,006
Thanks: 2,346
Thanked 2,038 Times in 553 Posts
Default Re: Session rates are getting out of hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by markuk1 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
You say that not one session wrestler has a good word to say about Fritz. That shows how hypocritical and money grabbing they have become. They were all very happy to take the money off him. He has probably put more money into session wrestlers hands than anyone else on here.

Unfortunately spending money doesn't make someone a nice or good person.

And in actual fact, many of them have subsequently blacklisted him.

So I don't really agree with your post, but there you go. 😊

Obviously the ones who criticise him and still take his money are hypocrites... I don't dispute that.
__________________
Ignore list

adrock4815162342
Fritz
Garcon55
Gorilla1
The Following User Says Thank You to Subboy2 For This Useful Post:
  #204  
Old 11-Oct-20, 20:18
Fritz Fritz is offline
Banned
Points: 6,746, Level: 35 Points: 6,746, Level: 35 Points: 6,746, Level: 35
Activity: 99.0% Activity: 99.0% Activity: 99.0%
Last Achievements
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 529
Thanks: 186
Thanked 817 Times in 228 Posts
Default Re: Session rates are getting out of hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNC [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
In order for my to recommend my sister (or friend) to become a session wrestler, the hourly pay would have to be significantly higher than it is today.

This means that session wrestlers are significantly underpaid, in my view, all things considered, e.g. studio costs, safety (injury and more serious safety concerns), how taboo it is, career longevity, skills required, advertising, difficult clients, time spent organising sessions, etc.

Therefore, I don't think that session wrestling fees are even close to getting out of hand.
@[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register], the fact that @[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] liked this posting shows how right I am that he wishes the session-fees to get as high as possible.
  #205  
Old 11-Oct-20, 21:32
Subboy2's Avatar
Subboy2 Subboy2 is offline
Member
Points: 15,019, Level: 53 Points: 15,019, Level: 53 Points: 15,019, Level: 53
Activity: 20.4% Activity: 20.4% Activity: 20.4%
Last Achievements
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,006
Thanks: 2,346
Thanked 2,038 Times in 553 Posts
Default Re: Session rates are getting out of hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritz [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
@[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register], the fact that @[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] liked this posting shows how right I am that he wishes the session-fees to get as high as possible.
What utter nonsense. Grow up and educate yourself. You really make yourself look stupid.
__________________
Ignore list

adrock4815162342
Fritz
Garcon55
Gorilla1
  #206  
Old 11-Oct-20, 21:51
gutpunch gutpunch is offline
Member
Points: 1,129, Level: 13 Points: 1,129, Level: 13 Points: 1,129, Level: 13
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Posts: 64
Thanks: 165
Thanked 177 Times in 46 Posts
Default Re: Session rates are getting out of hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNC [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
In order for my to recommend my sister (or friend) to become a session wrestler, the hourly pay would have to be significantly higher than it is today.

This means that session wrestlers are significantly underpaid, in my view, all things considered, e.g. studio costs, safety (injury and more serious safety concerns), how taboo it is, career longevity, skills required, advertising, difficult clients, time spent organising sessions, etc.

Therefore, I don't think that session wrestling fees are even close to getting out of hand.
Are you kidding me?
First of all they choose this trade. Just like all trades and careers there are costs like school costs and tool costs. Do you even know how much they make when you add up everything? And where are the skills you are talking about?
Is taking money from a customer and not delivering a skill? I am still waiting for some videos that were never given to me after I paid for them. Or I got botched videos.
Yes I agree that safety plays a part in it but its a risk that they choose.
Advertising is not a cost. The men promote the women. We are the ones that post about them everywhere.

Here lets do the math once again and this time I will work with the number 5 to keep it simple.
The roll into town on a Friday. Have 5 sessions on Friday, 5 more on Saturday. then 5 more on Sunday. Monday they go to another town. have 5 more on Tuesday. then 5 more on Wednesday. then 5 more on Thursday. Friday they move onto another town. In 1 week they had 5 plus 5 plus 5 plus 5 plus 5 plus 5 plus 5 which equals 30 session. Now lets use a rate of $400. 30 X 400 equals $12 000. Are you telling me that they are underpaid? You got to be kidding. And yes they have made this much.
Add on money they take from customs and money they get donated to them plus money they make at their video store and money they make from online skype sessions and dont forget 'gifts' sent to them from people.

What you are forgetting is that there are costs for the customer.
Lets add the customers costs. Let's use a middle class worker for example.
It takes one or two weeks of hard work just to afford a session.
Then cost of travel for the customer.
Then session fee for the customer.
And let's not forget hotel rates for the customer.

Bottom line business is business and for business to work, both sides have to be happy.

And trust me, I want to be happy too and I am sure all of us here want to be happy. We are all here as fans for female wrestlers. We love them. But we don't want our love to stop because of costs and are insane.
We are all customers. And one thing that is a RIGHT is that we have a right to complain. We have a right to put our foot down. We have a right to finally tell them um.... hey.... no offense..... I cant afford to eat at those prices.

We are all friends here. Let's work together with the session wrestlers. There is a lot of money out there that they are not getting.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gutpunch For This Useful Post:
  #207  
Old 11-Oct-20, 22:17
uxiel uxiel is offline
Member
Points: 5,294, Level: 30 Points: 5,294, Level: 30 Points: 5,294, Level: 30
Activity: 42.6% Activity: 42.6% Activity: 42.6%
Last Achievements
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 758
Thanks: 455
Thanked 1,076 Times in 455 Posts
Default Re: Session rates are getting out of hand

You're delusional. Only the very popular wrestlers can get 5 sessions the night they roll into town. If hotel check-in is at 3, let's say sessions between the hours of 4-11, squeezing 5 sessions into 7 hours is very unlikely. Either way, half the guys end up no-showing, a bunch cancel (check out twitter thread, Dez just had a bunch cancel and is out $700 or something).

The last time I did a session the girl was saying she had to scramble to get an uber to the hotel the next guy was staying at because he refused to come to her hotel. Not saying it's unreasonable given the pay, but it definitely eats into her time.

If you're Arekah Lox or a handful of others you may be able to book 5 per day each day of your trip. Otherwise, your multiplication porn is just very far from the truth.

Let's also recognize that they are going through a very tough time right now. Some are stuck inside their own city/state/country due to travel restrictions, others get no-showed or cancelled on over and over again. I don't want to glorify them too much because there are so many people out there who have it way worse.

I did give one a small gift during these times as appreciation for a wrestler giving me the best sessions I've ever had. For most people, I doubt they're getting too many of these. I would like it if she's still doing sessions when this is all over and she hasn't moved on. There's no need to count her money and be bitter about how much she does or doesn't make.

As to whether they chose this trade, yes. Sometimes they completely chose it, other times they chose it because they had no other options.

Quote:
hey.... no offense..... I cant afford to eat at those prices.
You could say the same about a $50k car. If that's too expensive, there are $5k cars out there for you. If a $400 session is too much, there are some cheaper options, and you can just do fewer sessions. It is a luxury service, not a human right.

Are you willing to take a 25% pay cut? Also, when concert tickets are $100 instead of $70, do you try to calculate how much money each band member is making based on what cities they go to, how many people go, and whatever cut you think they get? Do you write bitter complaints about it?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to uxiel For This Useful Post:
  #208  
Old 11-Oct-20, 22:42
gutpunch gutpunch is offline
Member
Points: 1,129, Level: 13 Points: 1,129, Level: 13 Points: 1,129, Level: 13
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Posts: 64
Thanks: 165
Thanked 177 Times in 46 Posts
Default Re: Session rates are getting out of hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by uxiel [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
You're delusional. Only the very popular wrestlers can get 5 sessions the night they roll into town. If hotel check-in is at 3, let's say sessions between the hours of 4-11, squeezing 5 sessions into 7 hours is very unlikely. Either way, half the guys end up no-showing, a bunch cancel (check out twitter thread, Dez just had a bunch cancel and is out $700 or something).

The last time I did a session the girl was saying she had to scramble to get an uber to the hotel the next guy was staying at because he refused to come to her hotel. Not saying it's unreasonable given the pay, but it definitely eats into her time.

If you're Arekah Lox or a handful of others you may be able to book 5 per day each day of your trip. Otherwise, your multiplication porn is just very far from the truth.

Let's also recognize that they are going through a very tough time right now. Some are stuck inside their own city/state/country due to travel restrictions, others get no-showed or cancelled on over and over again. I don't want to glorify them too much because there are so many people out there who have it way worse.

I did give one a small gift during these times as appreciation for a wrestler giving me the best sessions I've ever had. For most people, I doubt they're getting too many of these. I would like it if she's still doing sessions when this is all over and she hasn't moved on. There's no need to count her money and be bitter about how much she does or doesn't make.

As to whether they chose this trade, yes. Sometimes they completely chose it, other times they chose it because they had no other options.



You could say the same about a $50k car. If that's too expensive, there are $5k cars out there for you. If a $400 session is too much, there are some cheaper options, and you can just do fewer sessions. It is a luxury service, not a human right.

Are you willing to take a 25% pay cut? Also, when concert tickets are $100 instead of $70, do you try to calculate how much money each band member is making based on what cities they go to, how many people go, and whatever cut you think they get? Do you write bitter complaints about it?

First of all I am not delusional. This math is based off of the number 5 that you said. Remember before I said 10.
Second of all these numbers are right out of the session girls mouths as I have stated before.
Next I am not referring to prices during covid and there are hard times on everybody.
Once again I will tell you that before covid, these girls were stating that they were booked solid. And they were the average session girl.
Yes some cities are better than others.

Tell you what uxiel, you have not answered any of my questions yet,lol so lets focus on these questions ok.
First, when session wrestling was first invented, lol the rate was based on travel costs, hotel costs and time costs to we added to the costs of wrestling when they were TRAVELING. Thus making it way more cheaper for the session wrestler to have sessions in her own town. DO YOU OR DO YOU NOT..think is fair for her to lower her price when those costs are taking away when she is holding sessions in her own city?
Second, don't you think the man with the money in their wallets should have a say in the matter since we are the hands that feet the session girls?
We have rights to you know.
And you and I have several things in common, we both like these girls and want to give them money. The difference is, I have not gotten a product worth the price they are asking. In fact, the crap I got from them is not even worth watching a second time.
So yes, my math is accurate.

Tell me uxiel, in a average month before covid, how much do you think the average session girl makes in one month.
Show me your math. I believe that even by your math they make more than a doctor.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gutpunch For This Useful Post:
  #209  
Old 12-Oct-20, 00:44
Johnhwasser's Avatar
Johnhwasser Johnhwasser is offline
Member
Points: 1,855, Level: 17 Points: 1,855, Level: 17 Points: 1,855, Level: 17
Activity: 5.6% Activity: 5.6% Activity: 5.6%
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Gender: Male
Posts: 104
Thanks: 532
Thanked 135 Times in 60 Posts
Default Re: Session rates are getting out of hand

Does it matter how much they make? For that reasoning you don't watch films because actors are paid a lot. Or watch football/sports because athletes get too much. Or go to the doctor because they sometimes also get too much..

They have a fee per hour which is more than what most do in an hour. True. But that fee is high because they can't work 8hrs
/Day every day. Because there are no shows. Because they are working for themselves ( no sick leave,
/No paid holidays).
Because there are physical risks involved
such as that the guy coming being a sociopath,etc.

The session/video quality is also irrelevant. I've seen loads of shit movies in the cinema and didn't ask my money back. What we can do is make future decisions based on experience. If you get a shit custom movie, don't order again from that wrestler.

That's my opinion.

One question I do have is: has anyone ever successfully negotiated a session? Maybe reduce the time?

One girl I would love to session is Dakota but she charges above my limit so never happened...
Just curious.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Johnhwasser For This Useful Post:
  #210  
Old 12-Oct-20, 02:27
DiabloNYC's Avatar
DiabloNYC DiabloNYC is offline
Producer
Points: 86,942, Level: 100 Points: 86,942, Level: 100 Points: 86,942, Level: 100
Activity: 3.7% Activity: 3.7% Activity: 3.7%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Gender: Male
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,356
Thanks: 660
Thanked 10,404 Times in 986 Posts
Default Re: Session rates are getting out of hand

Quote:
how much do you think the average session girl makes in one month.
Show me your math. I believe that even by your math they make more than a doctor.

Is it even possible to realistically discussion the "average" session wrestler's monthly session income? (also, what would be the definition of the "average" session wrestler?) Session income can vary SO widely from woman to woman.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DiabloNYC For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
has anyone found the secret to getting lower rates for sessions yet? BlackTiger Wrestling & Fighting Discussion 20 08-Apr-21 04:14
Average session rates NeoBasilisk Wrestling & Fighting Discussion 93 23-Nov-20 16:05
Outrageous Rates MWFan Wrestling & Fighting Discussion 22 08-Jan-17 03:00
Two hand choke Ricoswrap Wrestling & Fighting Discussion 6 11-Dec-16 12:18
rates marcos silva Wrestling & Fighting Discussion 3 28-Jun-13 08:21


All times are GMT. The time now is 20:45.


Powered by vBulletin® - Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.