Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Old 05-Jun-20, 04:37
Points: 36,671, Level: 84 Points: 36,671, Level: 84 Points: 36,671, Level: 84
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements

Thanked 5,551 Times in 720 Posts
Default Submission hold experiment

I would love to see someone set something like this up. An experiment where a woman applies a series of submission holds on 5 men of progressively greater size, and physical ability. The objective would be to see how big and strong an untrained male would have to be to power out of a given hold.

Submission holds to be tested:

Rear triangle (less likely for girl to get slammed or injured)
Rear naked choke
Rear headscissors (hands pulling under chin)
School girl pin

Person to perform holds:

Young female, ~135lbs, fit, proficiency with all submission holds

Male Defenders 1-5:

1. Skinny millennial beta male, ~145lbs, no combat, weight training, or athletic experience
2. Average male, ~175lbs, healthy exercise, no specific training
3. Athletic male, ~200lbs, lean and athletic but not a freak athlete, possibly baseball or basketball player
4. Gym bro, ~225lbs, amateur weightlifter, strong, ~500lbs deadlift, ~300lbs bench, ~405lbs squat
5. Elite Beast, ~250-300lbs, elite level strength, Division I linebacker/linemen, power-lifter, or strong bodybuilder

(Attached pictures are just suggestions)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg D-iZN0xXoAAj4OH.jpg (170.9 KB, 256 views)
File Type: jpg beta1.jpg (71.0 KB, 71 views)
File Type: jpg euhncjx4oqnz.jpg (184.0 KB, 49 views)
File Type: jpg Scott+Pendlebury+Collingwood+Magpies+Recovery+ITsTXyd5_vcl.jpg (71.8 KB, 50 views)
File Type: jpg niehbmmwfr721.jpg (300.2 KB, 49 views)
File Type: jpg 69702571_186527982381866_550464821851293931_n-1.jpg (257.3 KB, 45 views)
Old 05-Jun-20, 11:24
ssddfaudhey

Default Re: Submission hold experiment

Awesome idea! Depending on the womans height..i think only #5 has a chance at escaping rnc or rear triangle.My wife and her friend train bjj.Myself and her friends man have tried to escape rnc.We both lost terribly to both haha

Last edited by ssddfaudhey; 05-Jun-20 at 11:55.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 05-Jun-20, 14:44
Points: 2,944, Level: 22 Points: 2,944, Level: 22 Points: 2,944, Level: 22
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssddfaudhey [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Awesome idea! Depending on the womans height..i think only #5 has a chance at escaping rnc or rear triangle.My wife and her friend train bjj.Myself and her friends man have tried to escape rnc.We both lost terribly to both haha
Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheFlesh86 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I would love to see someone set something like this up. An experiment where a woman applies a series of submission holds on 5 men of progressively greater size, and physical ability. The objective would be to see how big and strong an untrained male would have to be to power out of a given hold.

Rear triangle
(less likely for girl to get slammed or injured)
Rear naked choke
School girl pin

Person to perform holds:

Male Defenders 1-5:

1. Skinny millennial beta male, ~145lbs, no combat, weight training, or athletic experience
3. Athletic male, ~200lbs, lean and athletic but not a freak athlete, possibly baseball or basketball player
4. Gym bro, ~225lbs, amateur weightlifter, strong, ~500lbs deadlift, ~300lbs bench, ~405lbs squat
5. Elite Beast, ~250-300lbs, elite level strength, Division I linebacker/linemen, power-lifter, or strong bodybuilder

(THE PARTS I HAVE MADE SIZE 7 ARE THE PARTS I'M ANSWERING WITH BOLD TEXT:

Instead of it being about him muscling himself out. Why not about her submitting him? Because else...is she just suppoed to hold him in a headscissor and let him try to get out or is she supposed to squeeze him into submission/KO?

Rear triangle? Seriously. If the girl is skilled, I ihave doubts that the Mountain or Eddie Hall would get out before they go sleep in that hold. There are almost no ways of fighting a triangle applied well ... and I mean for guys without expert level BJJ-skills, but with some wrestling experience. The only way is by lifting the person up, which often makes it possible to breath a bit or all the time while carrying her like that, as she will be more focused on holding on rather than making sure he chokes. And then this happens if he decides to fight:
He slams her and if he's big enough, the question will be: how many vertebraes will be crushed?

And that's a normal triangle. A rear triangle? It's not a competition. It will not be a challenge but a femdom-video that everyone here will like. But I thougth the point of this was to have some level of challenge/competition.

So I propose an alternative, ibut this requires a heavier girl: a bodyscissor. This will be a true challenge for the girl as it's really hard to submit people with it, unless it's a FBB vs a skinny male. If there is going to be a struggle at all for the guy at level 3 and up (he just has to wait until she tires and then get out), you need a girl with really, really strong legs.

135 lbs? Come on... Her triangle will work but the only chance for her to succeed at level 3 of males and up, if he knows what is going to happen and knows what to do (If he just lays down in her RNC without any previous knowledge it won't be an experiment but like a test of how fast someone goes to sleep)

200 lbs lean male is larger than 99,9 % of all men. The leangains-guy Martin Berkhan was just above 200 when he looked like this:

Why not a bit thicker, stronger girl?

Why a bodybuilder? Sure it would look more hot if a ripped guy at that weight is dominated, but a powerlifter or strongman or even arm wrestler (one of the strongest arm wrestlers will perhaps have the largest chance of muscling himself out, because it will be mostly arm strength that is required to muscle out of these holds. A bodybuilders primary focus is to look muscular and big - not to use his muscles for functional strength.
Old 05-Jun-20, 23:04
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syrnothan [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
(THE PARTS I HAVE MADE SIZE 7 ARE THE PARTS I'M ANSWERING WITH BOLD TEXT:
I'm sorry you aren't a fan of the experiment!

I think you make a good point about distinguishing between the girl trying to submit the guy vs just trying to immobilize him. I suppose in my mind I was thinking more of the latter. I think her trying to submit him leads to a slippery slope along the lines of "how hard should she already be squeezing when the experiment begins?". The reason I didn't put "arm-bar" on here is because if she gets to start out with the guy's arm fully extended then it seems like a foregone conclusion that he'll tap.

I suppose maybe another reason why I'm not as keen on this being a submission competition is because there might be kind of a subjective element to it with some guys being able to handle more pain than others. I'll have to think about that more though.

You have more confidence in the effectiveness of certain holds than I do! While I definitely agree that they can overcome large disparities in size and strength, I don't think they are "magic" or such that literally any human could successfully execute them against any other human (not saying you said that). Surely there has to be some point at which a stronger person can muscle out of them. For example I don't think a 6 year old could submit Larry Wheels in a rear triangle even if he executed it correctly.
Old 07-Jun-20, 03:13
Points: 14,099, Level: 51 Points: 14,099, Level: 51 Points: 14,099, Level: 51
Activity: 40.5% Activity: 40.5% Activity: 40.5%
Last Achievements

Thanked 4,464 Times in 909 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheFlesh86 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

Rear triangle (less likely for girl to get slammed or injured)
Rear naked choke
School girl pin

Person to perform holds:

Male Defenders 1-5:

That would actually be awesome and extremely interesting.
The Following User Says Thank You to Elbow Escape For This Useful Post:
Old 07-Jun-20, 03:20
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elbow Escape [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
That would actually be awesome and extremely interesting.
Right? The cool thing about it is that I don't think it would necessarily be that hard to setup. Obviously we probably won't be able to get Larry Wheels on board, but any large competitive powerlifter would probably suffice.
Old 07-Jun-20, 05:12
Last Achievements

Quote:
Right? The cool thing about it is that I don't think it would necessarily be that hard to setup. Obviously we probably won't be able to get Larry Wheels on board, but any large competitive powerlifter would probably suffice.
I hope that someone has this idea and put a video on youtube as soon as possible.
If there is someone on this forum than personally know a girl with BJJ training and some very big and muscular guys he could set up this himself lol

Last edited by Elbow Escape; 07-Jun-20 at 06:06.
Old 07-Jun-20, 05:15
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elbow Escape [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I hope that someone has this idea and put a video on youtube as soon as possible.
If there is someone on this forum than personally know a girl with BJJ training and some very big and muscular guys they could set up he could set up this himself lol
@[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]...?
Old 07-Jun-20, 13:43
ssddfaudhey

Quote:

The only hard part is all participants agreeing to it going online.As many know my wife trains BJJ as well as her bestie.We have done many simular challenges with her friend bf and other friends.The guys mostly would have a problem with video of them totally restained by a woman being online.
Old 07-Jun-20, 16:22
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssddfaudhey [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
The only hard part is all participants agreeing to it going online.As many know my wife trains BJJ as well as her bestie.We have done many simular challenges with her friend bf and other friends.The guys mostly would have a problem with video of them totally restained by a woman being online.
Could you please tell us more about these challenges? how big they were, what holds were used and what was the result?

Last edited by Elbow Escape; 07-Jun-20 at 19:05.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Elbow Escape For This Useful Post: