Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 12-Oct-13, 15:40
Points: 9,635, Level: 42 Points: 9,635, Level: 42 Points: 9,635, Level: 42
Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1%
Last Achievements

Default How did you get into mixed wrestling before the internet?

I just keep asking myself how older people got into mixed wrestling. I don't mean the personal story. But in contemporary times it is easy to watch videos or pictures on the internet. But before the internet came to life how did you get to know that there are people who share your interest and that there is a market for such stuff?
Stanton for instance proves that there were people who liked iteven before he could sell it on the internet. Some people must have been interested in his products as they bought it for personal benefit or started to produce own material afterwards as they saw commercial potential. I have no idea how big this is nowadays, as I only follow this on the internet. By accident I discovered, that there are websites who produce and sell mixed wrestling stuff. (Montenegro videos, she's got him...) And so I knew that there were others with same interests, already saw an existing, established seeming business because of the internet.
Yet, when you were young, how did you get to know that there are people producing mixed wrestling? And how has this marked establish itself over the years?
Old 12-Oct-13, 15:59
Points: 29,329, Level: 75 Points: 29,329, Level: 75 Points: 29,329, Level: 75
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,106 Times in 149 Posts
Default Re: How did you get into mixed wrestling before the internet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piethans [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I just keep asking myself how older people got into mixed wrestling. I don't mean the personal story. But in contemporary times it is easy to watch videos or pictures on the internet. But before the internet came to life how did you get to know that there are people who share your interest and that there is a market for such stuff?
Stanton for instance proves that there were people who liked iteven before he could sell it on the internet. Some people must have been interested in his products as they bought it for personal benefit or started to produce own material afterwards as they saw commercial potential. I have no idea how big this is nowadays, as I only follow this on the internet. By accident I discovered, that there are websites who produce and sell mixed wrestling stuff. (Montenegro videos, she's got him...) And so I knew that there were others with same interests, already saw an existing, established seeming business because of the internet.
Yet, when you were young, how did you get to know that there are people producing mixed wrestling? And how has this marked establish itself over the years?
[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

start here and follow my posts
some great mags out there in the 80's and 90's
Old 12-Oct-13, 16:20
figure4

I noticed a small advertisment in a magazine for the "Am-Fem International Directory of Amateur Female Fighting" with adresses of producers, session wrestlers and males with interest in the subject. I changed some deutschmarks into dollar and send them to NewYork by letter, and some weeks later I got it. I was dissapointed at first that about 90% of the adresses where from the US, only about 20 adresses from Germany. But one of them was the publisher the german language magazin "Die Amazone" and this was my ticket to the scene and my first mixed-matches.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Scannen0001.jpg (982.8 KB, 211 views)
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 12-Oct-13, 17:25
Points: 21,232, Level: 63 Points: 21,232, Level: 63 Points: 21,232, Level: 63
Last Achievements

Thanked 3,959 Times in 247 Posts

With me it was quite simple (though lucky). I was browsing a femdom contact magazine back in 1999 and, amongst all the s/m dungeon based doms (who don't interest me at all) was an advert from a Lady called Jodie Lee, offering wrestling based dom sessions with the emphasis on prolonged smothering and facesitting pins. I plucked up the courage to contact her and the rest, as they say, is history. Through Jodie I met other Ladies, and I've been sessioning ever since. Unfortunately Jodie left the scene in 2007, though by then I'd sessioned with her over 20 times.
Re the attached pics - the over the shoulder shot was the one alongside her advert in the contact mag. The other three were on the letter she sent in reply to my initial enquiry.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg File0093.jpg (4.5 KB, 81 views)
File Type: jpg File0257.jpg (5.3 KB, 79 views)
File Type: jpg lift.jpg (53.5 KB, 77 views)
File Type: jpg jodie4.jpg (19.9 KB, 120 views)
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jethro For This Useful Post:
Old 12-Oct-13, 20:42
Points: 9,635, Level: 42 Points: 9,635, Level: 42 Points: 9,635, Level: 42
Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1%
Last Achievements

Thanks for the replies. So most of you had developed you interests long before the internet. Do you know if Stanton was really the main influence? You need to develop the idea that you could market mixed wrestling.
I also remember times before the internet yet never got into contact with this interest then. By accident I discovered an ad of montenegro videos on the internet. But never got into session wrestling. Very interesting that so much material was available so early already.
Old 12-Oct-13, 21:37
Points: 10,271, Level: 43 Points: 10,271, Level: 43 Points: 10,271, Level: 43
Last Achievements

my interest started with the James Bond movie that has Bond go up against the 2 females. Since then i couldn't get enough of mixed wrestling. Then it was magizines, 8mm film, an occasional match with a neighborhood girl. From there it just took off into what we have today
Old 12-Oct-13, 22:08
Points: 8,990, Level: 40 Points: 8,990, Level: 40 Points: 8,990, Level: 40
Last Achievements

Saw it on the back of some wrestling magazine.
Old 12-Oct-13, 22:09
Points: 4,412, Level: 28 Points: 4,412, Level: 28 Points: 4,412, Level: 28
Last Achievements

I bought a wrestling magazine at a store in the town I lived in and saw an ad in the magazine my friends father heard us talking about the ad we saw and wanted to see it and ordered the video for us with the stipulation that our mothers would never find out and they never did.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to racer 35 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-Oct-13, 22:38
Banned
Points: 11,882, Level: 47 Points: 11,882, Level: 47 Points: 11,882, Level: 47
Last Achievements

Another Bond movie featuring female wrestling (or fighting, actually) was From Russia With Love.
That was back in the 60s, I think
Old 12-Oct-13, 22:51
Points: 23,379, Level: 66 Points: 23,379, Level: 66 Points: 23,379, Level: 66
Activity: 6.3% Activity: 6.3% Activity: 6.3%
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,877 Times in 368 Posts

I saw an ad in a magazine too, although I would fantasize about being facesit-pinned by GLOW wrestlers and also drew pictures of it before I ever saw the ad or ever heard the word "facesitting". I didn't have any childhood experience with it either, maybe in a past life. I don't know how the fetish became so strong for me even before puberty.

I like the older toons and videos too. Seems like they would have more mean women (like Ariel X today) and some really feeble guys.