Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Closed Thread

Old 13-Oct-20, 16:19
Points: 6,026, Level: 33 Points: 6,026, Level: 33 Points: 6,026, Level: 33
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements

Default Re: Session rates are getting out of hand

No one is saying the women shouldn't be paid, or they should be slandered, but no one else is bothered that they hold all the power? Maybe some are into being cucked but I'm not. Most session women are reasonable and not greedy but if there's no pushback then a few will charge ridiculous prices and completely lie about their skills or phone it in and more will follow cuz there's no resistance. Look at the bigger picture. What these women need is representation. An official group to watch out for them and help them out, but also weeds out the unskilled and the greedy and we can't act like they don't exist. If not one central agency then maybe individual outfits like submission room could do more to take care of their own (not saying they don't just using for example). The women I imagine are responding to a market full of assholes and time wasters, shouldn't there be a force that does that for them so its not necessary to raise prices drastically?

Last edited by adrock4815162342; 13-Oct-20 at 16:36.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to adrock4815162342 For This Useful Post:
Old 13-Oct-20, 17:24
Points: 19,382, Level: 60 Points: 19,382, Level: 60 Points: 19,382, Level: 60
Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,808 Times in 653 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomjui [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Brilliant. I actually thanked your message, then removed my thanks so I could thank you again
The Following User Says Thank You to Subboy2 For This Useful Post:
Old 13-Oct-20, 20:10
Points: 7,346, Level: 36 Points: 7,346, Level: 36 Points: 7,346, Level: 36
Activity: 33.3% Activity: 33.3% Activity: 33.3%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrock4815162342 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
No one is saying the women shouldn't be paid, or they should be slandered, but no one else is bothered that they hold all the power? Maybe some are into being cucked but I'm not. Most session women are reasonable and not greedy but if there's no pushback then a few will charge ridiculous prices and completely lie about their skills or phone it in and more will follow cuz there's no resistance. Look at the bigger picture. What these women need is representation. An official group to watch out for them and help them out, but also weeds out the unskilled and the greedy and we can't act like they don't exist. If not one central agency then maybe individual outfits like submission room could do more to take care of their own (not saying they don't just using for example). The women I imagine are responding to a market full of assholes and time wasters, shouldn't there be a force that does that for them so its not necessary to raise prices drastically?
A provider has the right to charge what they seem fit for a service. A consumer has the right to decide if that service is worth the price. This seems pretty cut and dry. If you think someone is charging far too much of a service, by all means, don't pay it. If other people decide the service is worth that amount to them, they'll pay it. If not, chances are the prices will be lowered. You don't go into an art seller and say that price is too much, I'll only pay this much for that art. You just ignore it and decide not to buy it and it stays on the wall. Session wrestlers provide a service and set a price tag on that service. Just don't pay for the service if you think the cost is too high.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to GuyIncognito For This Useful Post:
Old 15-Oct-20, 17:46
Points: 8,080, Level: 38 Points: 8,080, Level: 38 Points: 8,080, Level: 38
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Ok there's a lot to unpack here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrock4815162342 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
no one else is bothered that they hold all the power?
The session providers do not hold all the power. They provide a niche service which some people want to buy. Supply and demand determines price. It's as simple as that.

Quote:
Most session women are reasonable and not greedy but if there's no pushback then a few will charge ridiculous prices and completely lie about their skills or phone it in and more will follow cuz there's no resistance.
So what if a few lie about their skills and charge ridiculous prices? They are in the minority as you said. They won't get as much business so they will have to either lower their prices or raise their skill level. Either way it doesn't affect you as I presume you prefer to give your money to the ones who provide a value for money service.

Why would more follow just because there is no resistance? If prices go up, then demand will go down so income will go down and the session wrestlers will earn less. if they are happy earning less then there is nothing you will be able to do about it - because it's not about you, as I have said before.

Quote:
Look at the bigger picture. What these women need is representation. An official group to watch out for them and help them out,
That's a pretty patronising statement, if you don't mind me saying. Do you have any evidence whatsoever that "these women need representation"? Has a single session wrestler ever approached you to "represent" her?

And in any case, how exactly would this work? Would you offer to wrestle them for free so that you could give them the adrock seal of approval?

What then? Would the adrock wrestling agency make all session wrestlers on its books charge the same (what you thought was reasonable) or would some "better" ones be able to charge more? What would your pricing strategy be?

What if a customer wasn't happy with their session? Would you refund them? Would you deduct the session wrestler's fee from her pay?

I might be missing something here but I really can't see (as I said in my previous post) how this could ever work. Let alone, as I have already said, that I am not aware of any demand signal for this type of representation. Surely someone would have set it up by now?

Bottom line: It is a free market. It is not about how entitled some people think they are to want to pay what they think is reasonable.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to London_Wrestler For This Useful Post:
Old 15-Oct-20, 21:04
Points: 11,563, Level: 46 Points: 11,563, Level: 46 Points: 11,563, Level: 46
Activity: 45.2% Activity: 45.2% Activity: 45.2%
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,006 Times in 624 Posts

My step brother from Mississippi after listening to all of this would have said------"If y'all say the prices are just too damn high for session wrasslin',then y'all just dont session!"
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bizyz For This Useful Post:
Old 15-Oct-20, 21:57
Banned
Points: 1,842, Level: 17 Points: 1,842, Level: 17 Points: 1,842, Level: 17
Activity: 24.1% Activity: 24.1% Activity: 24.1%

Why is this discussion still going?

Some people are just so outraged that a woman dared to ask for a lot of money. If you don't want to pay one woman's price, go find one with a lower price, and if you can't find one, there is probably a good reason for that and you better start saving.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Backdoorman For This Useful Post:
Old 16-Oct-20, 10:12
Points: 8,080, Level: 38 Points: 8,080, Level: 38 Points: 8,080, Level: 38
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backdoorman [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Why is this discussion still going?

Some people are just so outraged that a woman dared to ask for a lot of money. If you don't want to pay one woman's price, go find one with a lower price, and if you can't find one, there is probably a good reason for that and you better start saving.
I think it's a bit like flat-earthers. No matter how many times you tell them, they just insist it is wrong.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to London_Wrestler For This Useful Post:
Old 16-Oct-20, 21:24
Banned
Points: 6,746, Level: 35 Points: 6,746, Level: 35 Points: 6,746, Level: 35
Activity: 99.0% Activity: 99.0% Activity: 99.0%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by London_Wrestler [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
However you do sort of get what you might consider some standardisation with an established house like Submission Room in London which has 30 wrestlers "on their books" - one is POA and of the remaining 29:

£150 - 9
£175 - 4
£180 - 3
£185 - 1
£200 - 10
£250 - 2
as the topic of this thread is: "Session rates are getting out of hand", it would have been better if you also would have meantioned how many of the ladies increased their fee since the Covid-19-crisis started.
The most blatant was Inferno increasing her fee 43% from £175 to £250.
Old 16-Oct-20, 22:38
Points: 19,382, Level: 60 Points: 19,382, Level: 60 Points: 19,382, Level: 60
Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,808 Times in 653 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritz [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
as the topic of this thread is: "Session rates are getting out of hand", it would have been better if you also would have meantioned how many of the ladies increased their fee since the Covid-19-crisis started.
The most blatant was Inferno increasing her fee 43% from £175 to £250.
And she's worth it. Inferno provides brilliant sessions.

Don't like it, then don't pay it and don't have that session. Simple as that.

Last edited by Subboy2; 17-Oct-20 at 11:10.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Subboy2 For This Useful Post:
Old 16-Oct-20, 22:52
Banned
Points: 6,746, Level: 35 Points: 6,746, Level: 35 Points: 6,746, Level: 35
Activity: 99.0% Activity: 99.0% Activity: 99.0%
Last Achievements

in school the teachers would say: "you missed the point again, @[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] "
Closed Thread