Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Community > The Forum

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 06-Mar-23, 17:24
Administrator
Points: 864,862, Level: 100 Points: 864,862, Level: 100 Points: 864,862, Level: 100
Activity: 61.9% Activity: 61.9% Activity: 61.9%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 115,689 Times in 9,926 Posts
Exclamation Database breach

Hi, Forum,

Unfortunately, someone got access to the database, we believe remotely, and updated a lot of the data to a text of a link to a deep-web site 3 days ago. We restored a backup of the same day to retract all changes. Unfortunately, everything posted on 4th of March is gone.

Your passwords are stored in the database in a one-way encoded format. But I suggest, if you have a short, dictionary password, it is a good time to update.

This is the third in a series of ongoing attacks on our services. Our programmer said his computer was hacked. He lives in dire conditions in Ukraine, with 2 hours of electricity per day, and has considerably worse problems to deal with atm. Someone logged in on first attempt.

We will work to make the website more secure in the meantime, with the end goal being doing a complete upgrade, as this code is as old as time.

Please use this thread to report anything unusual.

Welcome back!
Old 06-Mar-23, 21:34
Banned
Points: 8,332, Level: 39 Points: 8,332, Level: 39 Points: 8,332, Level: 39
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Default Re: Database breach

Wow He lives in Ukraine Im thinking he has alot more on his mind than this web site ....I hope him and his family are OK
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to jstewart For This Useful Post:
Old 11-Apr-23, 11:15
Points: 4,041, Level: 26 Points: 4,041, Level: 26 Points: 4,041, Level: 26
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

This morning I received notification that my email, username and (now old) password for this site were available on the dark web.

If you haven't already changed your password, might be a good idea to.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NorfolknChance For This Useful Post:
Old 11-Apr-23, 19:47
Points: 7,364, Level: 36 Points: 7,364, Level: 36 Points: 7,364, Level: 36
Activity: 28.6% Activity: 28.6% Activity: 28.6%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorfolknChance [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
This morning I received notification that my email, username and (now old) password for this site were available on the dark web.

If you haven't already changed your password, might be a good idea to.
Yes, but more importantly than that, is never re-use a password. Get a password manager and that way you only have to remember one password and make it a strong password (and learn what a strong password actually is cause if it's 8 characters or less, it doesn't matter how many different symbols and capitalization you use). That way your password for every site is a long random string that can not be hacked in a hundred years and also if a website has poor security and has unencrypted passwords stored where hackers can get them, only your login info for that site has been compromised. If someone got access to my account here, they would know an email address that isn't really associated with me personally in any way and a password that only works here. Could they post some spam for a few days on here before the account got banned? Sure, but that's it, and that's not the biggest deal.
The Following User Says Thank You to GuyIncognito For This Useful Post: