Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 24-Sep-20, 20:00
Points: 3,105, Level: 23 Points: 3,105, Level: 23 Points: 3,105, Level: 23
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Default Re: Twitter News

Quote:
Originally Posted by carl brown [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
hawk_eye... I wouldn't go there if I were you. Electrified fence. Look but don't touch. Money over personal health is a losing debate.
But where is the evidence to prove you are putting money over personal health?

These odds look pretty good to me.

Didn't even know about them on a recent flight I took and would get back on another in a second.

[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
The Following User Says Thank You to hawk_eye For This Useful Post:
Old 24-Sep-20, 22:28
Points: 11,051, Level: 45 Points: 11,051, Level: 45 Points: 11,051, Level: 45
Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,162 Times in 1,030 Posts

Other airlines are still leaving middle seats empty. I'm suggesting they take basic measures instead of pretending the problem is gone. And if you look at their response to her:

Quote:
Safety remains our number one priority. Our teams continue to have many layers of protection in place.
Very comforting. Absolutely no detail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carl brown [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
hawk_eye... I wouldn't go there if I were you. Electrified fence. Look but don't touch. Money over personal health is a losing debate.
That's why they use the word livelihood instead of money. Sounds nicer.

And according to the CNN article:

Quote:
the risk of catching the virus on a full flight is just 1 in 4,300. Those odds fall to 1 in 7,700 if the middle seat is vacant.
Sounds pretty good if they leave them empty. And the probability shoots up if someone doesn't wear a mask, or if it's not a short flight.

And yet, it's not all about you. The probability that *you* get it might be small, but the probability that *someone* on the flight gets it is a bit higher. I recommend reading about the birthday paradox. You're essentially increasing the space from people to pairs of people. Ignoring leap years and assuming a uniform distribution for simplicity, the probability of two people having the same birthday is 1/365, but you only need 23 people in the room to ensure > 50% probability that at least two people have the same birthday. A surprising fact to most people.

On top of that, AA did stupid stuff in general. Like double booking their flights and telling me I might not get on the flight an hour before takeoff because they needed double the sales. Or after the pandemic hit, offering credits for future flights (which need to be booked this year, when the pandemic isn't over) and holding onto billions of dollars of customers' money until you spend hours on the phone with them and bring up the DOT. Because they know most customers will get frustrated enough that they'll give up trying to get their money back.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to uxiel For This Useful Post:
Old 25-Sep-20, 04:28
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by uxiel [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Other airlines are still leaving middle seats empty. I'm suggesting they take basic measures instead of pretending the problem is gone. And if you look at their response to her:

Very comforting. Absolutely no detail.

That's why they use the word livelihood instead of money. Sounds nicer.

And according to the CNN article:

Sounds pretty good if they leave them empty. And the probability shoots up if someone doesn't wear a mask, or if it's not a short flight.

And yet, it's not all about you. The probability that *you* get it might be small, but the probability that *someone* on the flight gets it is a bit higher. I recommend reading about the birthday paradox. You're essentially increasing the space from people to pairs of people. Ignoring leap years and assuming a uniform distribution for simplicity, the probability of two people having the same birthday is 1/365, but you only need 23 people in the room to ensure > 50% probability that at least two people have the same birthday. A surprising fact to most people.

On top of that, AA did stupid stuff in general. Like double booking their flights and telling me I might not get on the flight an hour before takeoff because they needed double the sales. Or after the pandemic hit, offering credits for future flights (which need to be booked this year, when the pandemic isn't over) and holding onto billions of dollars of customers' money until you spend hours on the phone with them and bring up the DOT. Because they know most customers will get frustrated enough that they'll give up trying to get their money back.
LOL

Here's some facts. Your stuff is just........

Using an extremely liberal interpretation of deaths from Covid ( but nonetheless the actual reported number from the CDC ) at 61 deaths per 100k there is a 99.4 survival rate for the US population against the novel corona virus.

Since the US went into lock-down over this there have been over 1.5 million OTHER deaths since.
All P5 College Football conferences are\will be back to playing ball this fall.
The college bball season will only be pushed back two weeks now from the original start date.
Kids ( both college, high school and below ) are back to school safely with not one reported death yet from covid. To put into perspective 1800 college kids a year die from alcohol poisoning on college campuses.
There's hasn't been one reported case of covid traced to someone taking a flight on ANY US operator yet.
US Airlines have also been double booking seats for YEARS as an industry standard practice counting on a certain % of people not showing up and still being able to fill flights but I'm sure they did it just to inconvenience you.
Old 25-Sep-20, 04:41
Last Achievements

We already know you don't care about lives. It's the third leading cause of death in the US. AA is greedy, and doesn't care about customers, never has. There are many data points to illustrate this. COVID could kill 200 million people and you wouldn't care, we get it.

Kids are not really back to school. They opened up to collect insane tuition fees, are now blaming the students for ruining everything, and are not going to make it to in-person classes. 20-30% of students are in quarantine in their dorms at many schools due to outbreaks. Everything in the US is about maximizing profit.

Quote:
There's hasn't been one reported case of covid traced to someone taking a flight on ANY US operator yet.
Because we don't contact trace.

Quote:
US Airlines have also been double booking seats for YEARS as an industry standard practice counting on a certain % of people not showing up and still being able to fill flights
Which makes them even less likeable. When was the last time you booked a session, paid in full in advance, you showed up, and the girl told you to go home because she was busy with another guy but wanted to collect double the fee for the same work?

edit: and given our government pressuring the CDC into removing guidelines 6 weeks before an election for political reasons, I wouldn't trust numbers they put out any more than you'd trust CNN.

Last edited by uxiel; 25-Sep-20 at 04:48.
Old 25-Sep-20, 04:51
Points: 4,719, Level: 29 Points: 4,719, Level: 29 Points: 4,719, Level: 29
Last Achievements

There are all kinds of opinions regarding the profit-motive, and some companies or industries being more greedy and self-serving than others.

What can we conclude? There is good and bad at the individual level...everyone is actually "grey", and so are companies. Companies, after all, are really just the sum of the value systems of the individuals that work for and/or own the company.

Why shouldnt airlines get some form of a bailout if the government subsidizes or otherwise assists other businesses negatively impacted by the econonmic downturn associated with covid?

Also, why should big businesses be left to fail and small businesses be rescued? (not saying all small businesses are in fact being 'rescued' but alot of the SMBs have loan deferment, tax breaks, and other protections right now)
Old 25-Sep-20, 04:59
Last Achievements

I'm not really aware of small businesses getting bailed out. A few did of course, but very few. Of course the Lakers got stimulus money... small business?

At the end of the day, it's messed up for however many billions or trillions to go to big corporations who will screw people over and give the starving people a one-time payment of $1200. It's all to prop the stock market up for the election. But this is beyond the scope of the discussion, as usual. AA paid lip service to health guidelines for a while, is now ignoring them, and Lia is annoyed. I don't blame her.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to uxiel For This Useful Post:
Old 25-Sep-20, 06:05
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by uxiel [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
and given our government pressuring the CDC into removing guidelines 6 weeks before an election for political reasons, I wouldn't trust numbers they put out any more than you'd trust CNN.
Yeah, I'm sure the numbers are fudged based on your grassy knoll conspiracy theory style logic.

Not only are the numbers not under reported ( or would be even under duress ) they are purposely over reported as it's Federal Law and Public Health policy to do so as in identifying the severity of any virus against a population you want to overestimate so you don't under estimate the impact.

If you are 89 years old and actually died of acute renal failure but tested positive for Covid in the last 60 days? You died of Covid and that goes into the CDC stats of deaths from Covid.

The 99.4% survival rate for the US population is actually even better than that.

Rejoice and get back to life with any safety measures you need to take as an individual...........or spread irrational, unfounded fear crushing the lives of millions of people who live on the edge paycheck to paycheck with no safety net and an entire societies way of life.

But who's the one that doesn't care about people?
Old 25-Sep-20, 06:20
Last Achievements

You've said this garbage a million times. The government has fired scientists and removed all public health policies and science imaginable. The few scientists remaining are embarrassed by their employer, as they should be. Nothing these agencies or governments report should be trusted. The number of deaths is very likely underreported. The 'unrelated' pneumonia deaths are up everywhere, surprise surprise.

200k Americans (probably more) died of this in 6 months. 400k Americans died in WW2. It's no joke. A worse response just isn't imaginable.

I am not advocating not getting the economy moving. It's impossible to have a conversation because people like you want to discount human lives instead of having a rational conversation about how we should move forward.

What I am saying is AA provides terrible service, and I am not alone in this belief. There's really no point in debating this. Lia tweeted her disappointment in AA, and she's right. You want to feel bad about people being crushed? Then give them more than $1200 instead of pretending bailing out a massive airline will help everyone.

Quote:
Rejoice and get back to life with any safety measures you need to take as an individual...........or spread irrational, unfounded fear crushing the lives of millions of people who live on the edge paycheck to paycheck with no safety net and an entire societies way of life.
Individuals can't manage this. Leadership is needed. Our current leadership is completely incompetent. There is a middle ground. It doesn't have to be all or nothing. Current leadership just wants to ignore the problem. Because waiters don't like masks. Lmao.
The Following User Says Thank You to uxiel For This Useful Post:
Old 25-Sep-20, 07:14
Last Achievements

Quote:
You've said this garbage a million times. The government has fired scientists and removed all public health policies and science imaginable. The few scientists remaining are embarrassed by their employer, as they should be. Nothing these agencies or governments report should be trusted. The number of deaths is very likely underreported. The 'unrelated' pneumonia deaths are up everywhere, surprise surprise.

200k Americans (probably more) died of this in 6 months. 400k Americans died in WW2. It's no joke. A worse response just isn't imaginable.

I am not advocating not getting the economy moving. It's impossible to have a conversation because people like you want to discount human lives instead of having a rational conversation about how we should move forward.

What I am saying is AA provides terrible service, and I am not alone in this belief. There's really no point in debating this. Lia tweeted her disappointment in AA, and she's right. You want to feel bad about people being crushed? Then give them more than $1200 instead of pretending bailing out a massive airline will help everyone.

Individuals can't manage this. Leadership is needed. Our current leadership is completely incompetent. There is a middle ground. It doesn't have to be all or nothing. Current leadership just wants to ignore the problem. Because waiters don't like masks. Lmao.
I'm spreading garbage? Sure thing.

Your entire diatribes are based on nothing but your own subjective opinions, conspiracy theories and emotions. You provide nothing in the form of facts ( way more have died than 200K!!! ) LOL - that can be quantified in ANY measurable way but when they are provided for you can only try to hijack the conversation and say they are "fake" with nothing to support it.

I can do nothing about giving people more than 1200.00. What I can do is eat at their restaurants, shop in their stores, travel to their cities and countries and spend money there if people like you would get out of the way.

So Lia thinks she got a bad deal on AA? Who cares? It's only a showcase for the whiny entitlement a lot of Americans think is there constitutional right to have because they are special and have to be catered to under any circumstance.

In an argument of if AA is to operate their business at a loss all to appease the irrational rantings of one person who of their own free will chose to fly on their airline and accepted their terms of carriage when booking the flight ( which includes not one single guarantee of actually being able to take the flight and not get bumped)............you lose. EVERY time.

The airlines are deemed essential to our economy and under no circumstance will be allowed to fail. That's fact and you can look it up.

That leaves you with two options making anything else you have to say irrelevant.........but still will.

A. Willingly fund them of your own free will - accepting their terms of carriage as a passenger - and shut your pie hole about having to sit next to someone.
B. Unwillingly fund them as a tax payer in further bailouts.
Old 25-Sep-20, 07:26
Last Achievements

People like me take precautions. People like you are the reason international travel is shut down. All the other things you can already do in most states. Other countries are banning us, that's not my fault.

No kidding taxes are going to go up. This is going to be a lot more expensive than it had to be.

Many other airlines are still taking health precautions. She's not whining about the constitution, that's your side. She's complaining AA immediately went profit-chasing. This is no surprise, but it is sad.

You can also vote in people who will provide the hardest hit with assistance instead of playing games, but that's a long-term strategy.

Tags
drama, goddess anat, mark gagliardi, megan jones, twitter