Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Women's MMA

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Lucrecia vs Duncan (onslaught).
Preview in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-255.

Old 15-Dec-16, 01:56
Banned
Points: 59,088, Level: 100 Points: 59,088, Level: 100 Points: 59,088, Level: 100
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 9,277 Times in 794 Posts
Default MMA vs Session Girls

Some people will probably think it's a dumb idea and maybe it is but I got to wondering what would happen if you matched up some of these women. Most people would probably conclude it would be a cakewalk for the MMA girls. But, if you took away the striking, kicking and the cage, things might even out a bit. Probably not enough if the MMA woman was a skilled grappler. Most likely she'd just use top control to immobilize her opponent until she got a submission but still, it's intriguing. You sure don't see many session wrestling holds used in MMA (and yes, I've seen the Sheila Bird/Kim Couture match).
The Following User Says Thank You to brooksie For This Useful Post:
Old 15-Dec-16, 08:30
Moderator [D]
Points: 7,878, Level: 38 Points: 7,878, Level: 38 Points: 7,878, Level: 38
Activity: 5.3% Activity: 5.3% Activity: 5.3%
Last Achievements

Default Re: MMA vs Session Girls

I know many MMA Fighters who are doing Session Wrestling.
On events they fight other Session Girls too.
Thatís not a "new" idea.
Old 15-Dec-16, 08:46
Points: 4,007, Level: 26 Points: 4,007, Level: 26 Points: 4,007, Level: 26
Last Achievements

Hi what mma fighters are session's
The Following User Says Thank You to jackson25 For This Useful Post:
Old 15-Dec-16, 16:04
Points: 4,735, Level: 29 Points: 4,735, Level: 29 Points: 4,735, Level: 29
Activity: 2.6% Activity: 2.6% Activity: 2.6%
Last Achievements

I remember a thread on this forum regarding how Holly Holm would fare against the top session girls in the circumstances you described.
Not myself, but, many on this forum thought the top session girls would beat Holly,some saying easily.
I've sessioned an active mma girl, and her athletic strength and execution of moves was something to behold. Very tough exhausting session I had trying to keep the score down.
The Following User Says Thank You to hicksy For This Useful Post:
Old 15-Dec-16, 17:28
Points: 4,414, Level: 28 Points: 4,414, Level: 28 Points: 4,414, Level: 28
Last Achievements

Last friday night on Axis network there was an MMA program. One of the fighters was a former female bodybuilder. Her name is Mandy Polk. Yes, she looked great. She was probably still using PED's since she was fighting in a small MMA organization. Her record was 4-2 going into the fight. However, she was badly beaten by an older women (Mandy was 28, and her opponent was 32, and a mother of 3).

This other girl looked nothing like Mandy. I figured it was going to be a one-sided beatdown. I was wrong. The other girl was faster and more skilled. She took Mandy down to the mat and did ground and pound until Mandy was a bloody mess and the ref stopped the fight. The former bodybuilder had no answers.

I would take an MMA fighter over a session girl any day. The training is night and day different. One trains strictly for fighting the other is more pump and pose.

On top of that, it takes a lot of oxygen to fuel those hypertrophied muscles, and just like the fight I described, the BB'er/Session girl is going to gas quickly in a real fight against a real MMA opponent.

Maybe Mandy needs to reconsider her type of training if she hopes to have a future in MMA.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marcopolo For This Useful Post:
Old 15-Dec-16, 17:48
Points: 99,282, Level: 100 Points: 99,282, Level: 100 Points: 99,282, Level: 100
Activity: 94.7% Activity: 94.7% Activity: 94.7%
Last Achievements

Thanked 15,298 Times in 4,129 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackson25 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Hi what mma fighters are session's
Offhand, I can only think of a few. Respecting their privacy I'll only mention their session names. Bad Bettie (no longer doing sessions afaik) Tommi (injured earlier this year, not active) Mahea (still active) Probably a lot others not well known in mma....yet. Anyways. I remember when female bodybuilding became popular, at first there were strict rules, an fbb got suspended for a small picture in playboy, only partial nudity! Of course the money for fbb erotica was too tempting and rules against such things got relaxed or ignored over the years. I'm sure killercrushes knows the story more intimately
The Following User Says Thank You to stymie For This Useful Post:
Old 15-Dec-16, 20:11
Banned
Points: 59,088, Level: 100 Points: 59,088, Level: 100 Points: 59,088, Level: 100
Last Achievements

Thanked 9,277 Times in 794 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Last friday night on Axis network there was an MMA program. One of the fighters was a former female bodybuilder. Her name is Mandy Polk. Yes, she looked great. She was probably still using PED's since she was fighting in a small MMA organization. Her record was 4-2 going into the fight. However, she was badly beaten by an older women (Mandy was 28, and her opponent was 32, and a mother of 3).

This other girl looked nothing like Mandy. I figured it was going to be a one-sided beatdown. I was wrong. The other girl was faster and more skilled. She took Mandy down to the mat and did ground and pound until Mandy was a bloody mess and the ref stopped the fight. The former bodybuilder had no answers.

I would take an MMA fighter over a session girl any day. The training is night and day different. One trains strictly for fighting the other is more pump and pose.

On top of that, it takes a lot of oxygen to fuel those hypertrophied muscles, and just like the fight I described, the BB'er/Session girl is going to gas quickly in a real fight against a real MMA opponent.

Maybe Mandy needs to reconsider her type of training if she hopes to have a future in MMA.
Do you think it would have been the same outcome if there were no cage or strikes? A session wrestler vs an MMA woman in an MMA match seems a bit too obvious. Of course the MMA girl would win. However, if you limited the rules to those of session wrestling, would that change things?
Old 15-Dec-16, 20:12
Banned
Points: 11,882, Level: 47 Points: 11,882, Level: 47 Points: 11,882, Level: 47
Last Achievements

There are "rules" of "session" wrestling? Tell us more!
Old 16-Dec-16, 01:02
Points: 99,282, Level: 100 Points: 99,282, Level: 100 Points: 99,282, Level: 100
Activity: 94.7% Activity: 94.7% Activity: 94.7%
Last Achievements

Thanked 15,298 Times in 4,129 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by freestylefan [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
There are "rules" of "session" wrestling? Tell us more!
Rule #1: Session wrestler gets paid up front!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stymie For This Useful Post:
Old 16-Dec-16, 17:42
Points: 4,414, Level: 28 Points: 4,414, Level: 28 Points: 4,414, Level: 28
Last Achievements

i don't think it would have changed. the mma girl was actually faster and more skilled on the ground. poor mandy couldn't use her strength to even get her off of her. she was helpless and taking strikes to the head and face...the ref stopped it.
The Following User Says Thank You to marcopolo For This Useful Post: