Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion > Can women really beat men?

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 03-Mar-15, 22:26
Producer
Points: 27,496, Level: 72 Points: 27,496, Level: 72 Points: 27,496, Level: 72
Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,448 Times in 1,066 Posts
Default Re: Can a male pro athlete beat a smaller, female pro MMA fighter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by a1275a [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
That was Meisha Tate vs some short fat guy. His training looked like it consisted of sitting on the couch all night, drinking beer and eating Doritos. Tate is the #2 best female fighter in the UFC. She couldn't hurt the guy and when she tried to take him down, he ended on top of her both times.
That looked more like a "for fun" roll rather than a "you talked all that shit, now let's see you back it up" competition. In a real MMA fight, there's no protective headgear and the competitors will have full use of their hands.

Long arms are an advantage in boxing, no question. But once you're on the ground, they become a serious liability. If this hypothetical fight were to happen, there's a chance he could use his superior reach advantage to knock her out right after the opening bell. But if he missed, she's taking him down, and then he's done.
Old 03-Mar-15, 22:27
Points: 12,353, Level: 48 Points: 12,353, Level: 48 Points: 12,353, Level: 48
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Come on
It's so abvious he would destroy her that I can't do nothing else than laughing
How can she ? A thing is fighting a girl, 5'7 for 135 lbs... Completely another "world" is fighting a guy, 6'3 for 215 lbs, NFL player... We're talking about a fantasy "tale".
The real point would be (at least for me) finding the "courage" to seriously hit a girl ! That's the main "challange" ! Is there someone here that really could do that ???

P.S Maybe (and I'm saying MAYBE) the only thing that might happen is a "grappling" event-show between them... And people will see Ronda pierce the stratosphere

Last edited by Bulldozer1986; 03-Mar-15 at 23:20.
Old 03-Mar-15, 22:32
Banned
Points: 8,399, Level: 39 Points: 8,399, Level: 39 Points: 8,399, Level: 39
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trump55 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I'm trying to find it man, really do now.

Yeah, it's fucking funny how someone who is in women MMA like Christiano Ronaldo in football can't stand vs average fat guy who barely breath after one round and makes big money on it.

I personally would be ashmed if someone who don't even train regulary lift more then me in squat, deadlift but this is to much in my opinion.
the female christiano wouldn t be able to compete with 5th or 6th male division players...
Old 03-Mar-15, 22:32
Points: 11,984, Level: 47 Points: 11,984, Level: 47 Points: 11,984, Level: 47
Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1%
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,586 Times in 561 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerCrushes [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
That looked more like a "for fun" roll rather than a "you talked all that shit, now let's see you back it up" competition. In a real MMA fight, there's no protective headgear and the competitors will have full use of their hands.

Long arms are an advantage in boxing, no question. But once you're on the ground, they become a serious liability. If this hypothetical fight were to happen, there's a chance he could use his superior reach advantage to knock her out right after the opening bell. But if he missed, she's taking him down, and then he's done.
I really can't belive you still finding excuses for her, man, even with 50% her best she should wipe him on the floor and play with him, not to allow some fat guy from street to throw her, and he even couldn't punch her, really amazing.

Old 03-Mar-15, 22:36
Points: 11,984, Level: 47 Points: 11,984, Level: 47 Points: 11,984, Level: 47
Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1%
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,586 Times in 561 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by garcon55 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
the female christiano wouldn t be able to compete with 5th or 6th male division players...
Yeah I do know. In my town there was before 4-5 years game between pro football players senior women (18-30) and junior(14-17) from the same club, little boys were not so gentleman and beat them like 16-0.

I really do enjoy when someone starts talking bullshit how females are equaly strong, yeah.
Old 03-Mar-15, 22:43
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Are we still talking about this ?
Old 03-Mar-15, 23:06
Banned
Points: 2,983, Level: 22 Points: 2,983, Level: 22 Points: 2,983, Level: 22
Last Achievements

I used to fight. In my early training, bout 3 months in I sparred with a shorter, female fighter for testing and I easily dominated. She was much more experienced yet I could simply react faster and was stronger; I was holding back yet I dominated because I used my size (me, 200lbs vs her, 135lbs).
Old 03-Mar-15, 23:11
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosenone [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I used to fight. In my early training, bout 3 months in I sparred with a shorter, female fighter for testing and I easily dominated. She was much more experienced yet I could simply react faster and was stronger; I was holding back yet I dominated because I used my size (me, 200lbs vs her, 135lbs).
I quote you at all... And I (self) quote again my post #12... Seriously, I'm still laughing about this topic
Thanks so much guys because I love smiling madly
Old 03-Mar-15, 23:22
Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100
Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1%
Last Achievements

Thanked 15,079 Times in 4,065 Posts

[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

UFC 184 Aftermath: On Ronda Rousey, Female Athletes and Forced Comparisons

March 2, 2015. 5:11 pm

UFC women's bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey should be held out as the face of the brand and an example of excellence inside the Octagon, not dropped into forced comparisons with male competitors and contemporaries.

Posted by:
E. Spencer Kyte

Ronda Rousey is a one-of-a-kind talent – a true world-class athlete with next level skills, tremendous drive and focus and a string of standout performances that illustrates the gap between the reigning UFC women’s bantamweight champion and everyone else in the division.

She’s the first female titleholder in UFC history, arguably the biggest star in the organization and a fighter destined to go down in the history books as one of the best of all-time, if she’s not there already.

Rousey has eclipsed everyone else on the women’s side of the sport and is running parallel with the biggest names on the male side of the ledger, posting wins that you can watch as Vines. She’s left us grasping for ways to talk about what her future holds because at this point, no one seems capable of being anything more than the person standing on the opposite side of the Octagon.

There are no comparisons for Rousey and there doesn’t need to be.

She’s a standout competitor that should be celebrated on her own merits, discussed in terms of what she’s accomplished in the cage and how she’s setting the bar unbelievably high for future female mixed martial artists.

Rather than trying to force these comparisons, this should be the time where we’re celebrating Rousey’s unparalleled talent in the cage and standing as one of the most dominant female athletes on the planet today.

With each victory, we talk about Jon Jones’ positioning the pantheon of all-time greats, dissecting where he stands in comparison to the previous icons that came before him.

Rousey is the icon.

She’s the first of her kind; the one showing not only that females can be bankable stars for the UFC, but that they can be as dominant inside the cage as their male counterparts as well, perhaps even superior in some areas.

Her Fight IQ is off the charts – she creates openings and recognizes opportunities instantly, making critical decisions on the fly as well as anyone in the sport today – and her finishing ability is unmatched. She’s doing things inside the Octagon that we’re not seeing from anyone else, male or female, and we should be shouting about it from the rafters.

Instead, a lot of the conversations coming out of UFC 184 have been about Rousey facing male fighters and comparing her to Mike Tyson.

We don’t talk about female athletes the same way we do their male counterparts – they’re often relegated to second billing and the lengthy discussions about legacies and where they fit in the pantheon of all-time greats in their sport very seldom occur. At the same time, we don’t ever look to compare male athletes to their female counterparts – no one ever calls Chris Paul, “the male Sue Bird” – so why do we force the reverse so often?

Rousey deserves to be talked about free of these cumbersome comparisons and unrealistic questions. If anything right now, she should be held out as a paragon of excellence for the sport of mixed martial arts.

She’s an Olympic medalist that has become a dominant champion in an emerging sport. She has an undefeated record and is electric to watch in the Octagon – the exact type of fighter that attracts casual fans and appeases the hardcore audience at the same time.

She’s talented, tough, strong and sexy while bringing professional wrestling elements to the table that elevates her from being an accomplished fighter and decorated champion to an absolute superstar and it all comes at a time when the UFC is in dire need of someone to step up and become the face of the brand.

Over the last few months, there has been more talk of superstars that have stumbled and generated negative headlines than athletes that have excelled and brought positive attention to the Ultimate Fighting Championship.

Polarizing as she can be as a result of her “pull no punches” personality, Rousey’s desire to be a role model for her little sister and achieve the greatness her father predicted for her from a young age will keep her from landing in the spotlight for the wrong reasons.

Rousey isn’t going to test positive for banned substances or pop up on a police blotter – she understands that there are too many people counting on her to be a positive example and a pioneer in a male-dominated sports and seems to relish being in a position to break down barriers and be an agent of change in terms of how female athletes are perceived and discussed.

And fans and media need to follow her lead.

Put away the lazy comparisons and regrettable questions about which male fighters Rousey could beat in the cage and start talking about the UFC women’s bantamweight champion as the transcendent talent that she is.
Old 03-Mar-15, 23:43
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by stymie [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

UFC 184 Aftermath: On Ronda Rousey, Female Athletes and Forced Comparisons

March 2, 2015. 5:11 pm

UFC women's bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey should be held out as the face of the brand and an example of excellence inside the Octagon, not dropped into forced comparisons with male competitors and contemporaries.

Posted by:
E. Spencer Kyte

Ronda Rousey is a one-of-a-kind talent – a true world-class athlete with next level skills, tremendous drive and focus and a string of standout performances that illustrates the gap between the reigning UFC women’s bantamweight champion and everyone else in the division.

She’s the first female titleholder in UFC history, arguably the biggest star in the organization and a fighter destined to go down in the history books as one of the best of all-time, if she’s not there already.

Rousey has eclipsed everyone else on the women’s side of the sport and is running parallel with the biggest names on the male side of the ledger, posting wins that you can watch as Vines. She’s left us grasping for ways to talk about what her future holds because at this point, no one seems capable of being anything more than the person standing on the opposite side of the Octagon.

There are no comparisons for Rousey and there doesn’t need to be.

She’s a standout competitor that should be celebrated on her own merits, discussed in terms of what she’s accomplished in the cage and how she’s setting the bar unbelievably high for future female mixed martial artists.

Rather than trying to force these comparisons, this should be the time where we’re celebrating Rousey’s unparalleled talent in the cage and standing as one of the most dominant female athletes on the planet today.

With each victory, we talk about Jon Jones’ positioning the pantheon of all-time greats, dissecting where he stands in comparison to the previous icons that came before him.

Rousey is the icon.

She’s the first of her kind; the one showing not only that females can be bankable stars for the UFC, but that they can be as dominant inside the cage as their male counterparts as well, perhaps even superior in some areas.

Her Fight IQ is off the charts – she creates openings and recognizes opportunities instantly, making critical decisions on the fly as well as anyone in the sport today – and her finishing ability is unmatched. She’s doing things inside the Octagon that we’re not seeing from anyone else, male or female, and we should be shouting about it from the rafters.

Instead, a lot of the conversations coming out of UFC 184 have been about Rousey facing male fighters and comparing her to Mike Tyson.

We don’t talk about female athletes the same way we do their male counterparts – they’re often relegated to second billing and the lengthy discussions about legacies and where they fit in the pantheon of all-time greats in their sport very seldom occur. At the same time, we don’t ever look to compare male athletes to their female counterparts – no one ever calls Chris Paul, “the male Sue Bird” – so why do we force the reverse so often?

Rousey deserves to be talked about free of these cumbersome comparisons and unrealistic questions. If anything right now, she should be held out as a paragon of excellence for the sport of mixed martial arts.

She’s an Olympic medalist that has become a dominant champion in an emerging sport. She has an undefeated record and is electric to watch in the Octagon – the exact type of fighter that attracts casual fans and appeases the hardcore audience at the same time.

She’s talented, tough, strong and sexy while bringing professional wrestling elements to the table that elevates her from being an accomplished fighter and decorated champion to an absolute superstar and it all comes at a time when the UFC is in dire need of someone to step up and become the face of the brand.

Over the last few months, there has been more talk of superstars that have stumbled and generated negative headlines than athletes that have excelled and brought positive attention to the Ultimate Fighting Championship.

Polarizing as she can be as a result of her “pull no punches” personality, Rousey’s desire to be a role model for her little sister and achieve the greatness her father predicted for her from a young age will keep her from landing in the spotlight for the wrong reasons.

Rousey isn’t going to test positive for banned substances or pop up on a police blotter – she understands that there are too many people counting on her to be a positive example and a pioneer in a male-dominated sports and seems to relish being in a position to break down barriers and be an agent of change in terms of how female athletes are perceived and discussed.

And fans and media need to follow her lead.

Put away the lazy comparisons and regrettable questions about which male fighters Rousey could beat in the cage and start talking about the UFC women’s bantamweight champion as the transcendent talent that she is.
Yes, I agree on this. She's undeniably a champion. She has proved it at all.
Don't misunderstand my words ! I simply said that there is no comparison against a trained male opponent like that. It simply doesn't make sense under all points of view and it makes me laugh. Even Josè Aldo is an amazing champion, regardless the point that Valazquez would destroy him (and they are of the same gender). Ronda is simply a unique talent in her field but people have to understand that it doesn't mean that her field is the toughest on earth. Sorry but I'm not the "maker" of the world and of its natural rules.