Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion > Can women really beat men?

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 04-Mar-15, 00:06
Points: 15,837, Level: 54 Points: 15,837, Level: 54 Points: 15,837, Level: 54
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,287 Times in 331 Posts
Default Re: Can a male pro athlete beat a smaller, female pro MMA fighter?

When it comes to an Olympic Judoka, the bigger you are, the harder you fall. She threw Bas Rutten like he was nothing. A guy with a wall of muscle might be formidable standing up, but that's not how she fights. She'd beat any untrained guy, big or small.
The Following User Says Thank You to Grapple Guru For This Useful Post:
Old 04-Mar-15, 00:13
Points: 12,353, Level: 48 Points: 12,353, Level: 48 Points: 12,353, Level: 48
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grapple Guru [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
When it comes to an Olympic Judoka, the bigger you are, the harder you fall. She threw Bas Rutten like he was nothing. A guy with a wall of muscle might be formidable standing up, but that's not how she fights. She'd beat any untrained guy, big or small.
Mate, first of all, take off that "any"... Then, what's the meaning you give to the word "untrained" ?
Old 04-Mar-15, 00:14
Points: 3,048, Level: 22 Points: 3,048, Level: 22 Points: 3,048, Level: 22
Activity: 17.1% Activity: 17.1% Activity: 17.1%

Sounds like a guy who likes to talk a lot of shit, and probably can't back it up.

Wide Receivers tend to be shit-talkers.
The Following User Says Thank You to furrygrappler For This Useful Post:
Old 04-Mar-15, 00:19
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by furrygrappler [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Sounds like a guy who likes to talk a lot of shit, and probably can't back it up.

Wide Receivers tend to be shit-talkers.
Hope you're referring to Grapple Guru
Old 04-Mar-15, 00:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldozer1986 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Mate, first of all, take off that "any"... Then, what's the meaning you give to the word "untrained" ?
A half-wit shlub who thinks he could be a contender with just a few weeks of training?
Old 04-Mar-15, 00:44
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by furrygrappler [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
A half-wit shlub who thinks he could be a contender with just a few weeks of training?
Sorry, can't get your point...
Old 04-Mar-15, 01:18
Points: 17,771, Level: 58 Points: 17,771, Level: 58 Points: 17,771, Level: 58
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,052 Times in 710 Posts

Quote:
I don't think he mentioned anything about being a contender. He doesn't belong in the 135 pound women's division
The Following User Says Thank You to qwertyuio For This Useful Post:
Old 04-Mar-15, 02:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldozer1986 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Hope you're referring to Grapple Guru
I think it's time for you to take a time-out.
Old 04-Mar-15, 02:07
Banned
Points: 8,782, Level: 40 Points: 8,782, Level: 40 Points: 8,782, Level: 40
Activity: 19.0% Activity: 19.0% Activity: 19.0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,530 Times in 659 Posts

A Japanese Judo fighter (Yuki Nakai) reached the final of an early Vale Tudo tournament, at about Rousey's walk-in weight, beating world-class wrestlers and MMA fighters over 100lbs heavier
[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

The Tate and Waterson fights obviously aren't competitive, and wearing boxing gloves takes 90% of Tate's game away ... She rarely finishes fights - she's a grinder with sub-par striking (Watch those Bully Beatdown episodes where they put a male pro in a sparring situation with headgear and things, and it's a lot less one-sided than putting them in a real MMA fight together)

As for Rousey, Rener Gracie puts it well:

"This is just me personally, I know what it feels like to roll with a very athletic, strong person. People say rolling with Cris ‘Cyborg' is like rolling with a man, you don't have to go easy, you're rolling very hard. And I've rolled with a lot of world class men, martial arts, jiu-jitsu, MMA, and I know what they feel like. Ronda doesn't feel like them.

"That's the whole point," Gracie continued. "She's beyond. I don't say rolling with Ronda is like rolling with a man. I've never said those words and I never will. Rolling with Ronda is like rolling with an alien.

"Ronda has some things that I've never felt in even men, if that makes sense. Ronda has a certain flexibility, a dynamic flexibility mixed with strength, and blended with those two, impeccable technique.

"So she can be totally twisting and turning out of a position, as we saw this weekend, and apply a submission like that," Gracie continued. "We've never even seen men do what she did this weekend against Cat Zingano. So in terms of her adaptability, in terms of her dynamic strength, we'll call it, this ability to be strong in weird positions is unprecedented, in any athlete, in any MMA fighter -- and I've worked with a lot of them -- in any weight class.

"Now, you know, what happens when you're going against a man, they put a little more power behind their punches, the knockout power is stronger, and who knows, they can muscle out of submissions a little crazier. But I'll tell you what, once she's latched onto a limb, I don't care who's limb it is, they're going to tap. That's for sure. She finds ways to incorporate her entire body, the leverage of her whole body, against the joint that she's attacking. So I wouldn't put it past her, but I don't know if I'd go so far as to claim [she'd beat most male UFC bantamweights]. It's just, I know what Ronda's capable of and I know for sure that it's not fair, it's not competitive where she's at right now. Because man, she's just too good. I just don't see any woman in the world beating her."

[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ryan Futuristics For This Useful Post:
Old 04-Mar-15, 08:27
Banned
Points: 8,399, Level: 39 Points: 8,399, Level: 39 Points: 8,399, Level: 39
Last Achievements

It is typical to take a woman dominating in her field and force the comparison to to men.
The media always keep doing these kind of things.

It is like imaginating how Martha would do in a football first or second division,
or with Lyndsay Vonn who declared she wanted to compete in the male division.

It is funny for the guys and supports the feeling of feminism by the girls,
but at the end, that is very clear, that in such sports where exposivity speed and strength are so much involved, especially when neglecting the weight categories, the top women would be very poor opponents in any of these sports.

It is like Serena Williams who got defeated 6-1, 6-2 by a guy who ranked only 200 in ATP, and who was not training for a while.

Miesha Tate having problem against an overweighted guy who can t fight, or the 7 times female kickboxing world champion needing 3 rounds to takedown a totally novice average guy, with only 3 months of training.

Put against women, they look formidable, but against very average guys they look much more common, sometimes pretty weak.
There will always be excuses from the girl power fans, but the reality is there.
The great Rhonda would have more than some trouble against this NFL player, no doubt about it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to garcon55 For This Useful Post: