Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion > Can women really beat men?

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 19-Aug-20, 10:58
ssddfaudhey

Default Abductor strength

I would love to see a test done in this.I 100% believe women can squeeze harder than men with their legs.I think the naturally have stringer abductor muscle.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 21-Aug-20, 09:36
Points: 36,366, Level: 83 Points: 36,366, Level: 83 Points: 36,366, Level: 83
Activity: 9.8% Activity: 9.8% Activity: 9.8%
Last Achievements

Thanked 5,549 Times in 720 Posts
Default Re: Abductor strenght

I think you mean to say "adductor" here (squeezing the legs in). This is an interesting question and one that I've thought about before as well. Unfortunately I don't believe you're correct that women naturally have stronger adductor muscles than men. I found a really interesting study awhile back that took strength measurements between men and women in almost every muscle group. While the men were stronger across the board, I do recall that the muscle group were women were the closest was...adductor!

In the end, it's just really difficult for women to come out on top in these kinds of comparisons. They're simply smaller, and have a higher bodyfat percentage than men. Those two things alone make it unlikely for them to be stronger than men in an apples to apples comparison.
Old 21-Aug-20, 10:07
Points: 57,582, Level: 100 Points: 57,582, Level: 100 Points: 57,582, Level: 100
Activity: 92.9% Activity: 92.9% Activity: 92.9%
Last Achievements

Thanked 8,751 Times in 1,917 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheFlesh86 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I think you mean to say "adductor" here (squeezing the legs in). This is an interesting question and one that I've thought about before as well. Unfortunately I don't believe you're correct that women naturally have stronger adductor muscles than men. I found a really interesting study awhile back that took strength measurements between men and women in almost every muscle group. While the men were stronger across the board, I do recall that the muscle group were women were the closest was...adductor!

In the end, it's just really difficult for women to come out on top in these kinds of comparisons. They're simply smaller, and have a higher bodyfat percentage than men. Those two things alone make it unlikely for them to be stronger than men in an apples to apples comparison.
The actual muscle group themselves, yeah, men have bigger, stronger muscles. But when you think about the actual mechanics of squeezing between your legs, a big contributing factor is going to be hip width and leg angle in order to generate leverage. Think how a longer wrench can generate more torque (twisting power) with the same amount of pressure/weight applied to it.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jiminy For This Useful Post:
Old 21-Aug-20, 20:38
Points: 526, Level: 8 Points: 526, Level: 8 Points: 526, Level: 8
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Interesting, maybe its true and woman is better on it. But i really dont know... men also have stronger legs, just look at runners... but maybe on this woman has advantage
Old 21-Aug-20, 22:34
Points: 36,366, Level: 83 Points: 36,366, Level: 83 Points: 36,366, Level: 83
Activity: 9.8% Activity: 9.8% Activity: 9.8%
Last Achievements

Thanked 5,549 Times in 720 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminy [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
The actual muscle group themselves, yeah, men have bigger, stronger muscles. But when you think about the actual mechanics of squeezing between your legs, a big contributing factor is going to be hip width and leg angle in order to generate leverage. Think how a longer wrench can generate more torque (twisting power) with the same amount of pressure/weight applied to it.
Yeah I've heard that before too. I'm not sure. Women certainly have wider hips in relation to their upper body, but I'm not sure if their hips are wider in absolute width than men's. Men also have the advantage of having thicker bones and tendons which might play a role. I've read that there's also supposed to be something about the way women's hips are shaped that makes it harder for them to jump as high as men (though that's not the only factor).

That said, it would definitely be an interesting experiment to get a man and a woman with similar leg mass and training and see if women really do have a mechanical advantage on the adductor movement!

Last edited by InTheFlesh86; 22-Aug-20 at 06:10.
Old 30-Aug-20, 03:57
Producer
Points: 2,138, Level: 18 Points: 2,138, Level: 18 Points: 2,138, Level: 18
Last Achievements

a well trained girl (a martial athlete for example) have a huge amount of power in her lower muscles because her training. Once you are between those muscles, is almost impossible to escape.
Old 03-Aug-21, 23:34
Points: 159, Level: 3 Points: 159, Level: 3 Points: 159, Level: 3

Well trained at specfic muscle groups is the key. I do train my abductors while many men do not so I found that I can win strength contest or leg wrestles against men and women relating to these muscles. Sometimes I win easily
The Following User Says Thank You to DD the little terrible For This Useful Post:
Old 28-Sep-21, 16:23
philla76

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricvids2000 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
a well trained girl (a martial athlete for example) have a huge amount of power in her lower muscles because her training. Once you are between those muscles, is almost impossible to escape.
Not really

I've had crazy strong body scissors from thick women, and very petite women. No real formula for identification. I can do the full stack on the adductor machine.

Only the bigger guys can shift out of my guard, and then I shift straight back in. If they stand up, they'll eventually get out of them if I don't get an underhook or pull them in, and then I'll just drop my guard and take them down by their feet.

A guard on it's own is relatively easy to escape but how you go about it depends on who you're up against
Old 02-Oct-21, 15:51
Points: 6,733, Level: 35 Points: 6,733, Level: 35 Points: 6,733, Level: 35
Activity: 16.7% Activity: 16.7% Activity: 16.7%
Last Achievements

The "female workout guru" Bret Contreras is on record stating that females have stronger glutes than men. I don't know what basis he has for that statement, except maybe his own experience, helping women getting stronger lower bodies by exercises such as the squat, deadlift and hip thrust.
The Following User Says Thank You to alfred123 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-Oct-21, 07:41
Moderator [D]
Points: 38,244, Level: 85 Points: 38,244, Level: 85 Points: 38,244, Level: 85
Activity: 99.2% Activity: 99.2% Activity: 99.2%
Last Achievements

Thanked 8,512 Times in 2,397 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssddfaudhey [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I would love to see a test done in this.I 100% believe women can squeeze harder than men with their legs.I think the naturally have stringer abductor muscle.
This is an asumption! Yes, i know a girl with 170 cm and estimated under 70 kilos, that could press at max. the abductors. BUT, not without training, she did this since years.

Girls like much more train legs than upper body (normaly) and maybe abductors even for having a better sex life. Me, i like when girls can press the legs with strength. It turn's me on...and i'm by far not the only.

But nevertheless, a FBB told me, that of muscle poit of view it's nonsense. This statement concerns obviously only BB competitions.
The Following User Says Thank You to ours01 For This Useful Post: