Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > The Pioneers

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 31-Dec-13, 10:39
Points: 14,709, Level: 52 Points: 14,709, Level: 52 Points: 14,709, Level: 52
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,123 Times in 449 Posts
Default Re: I miss Billwick

Quote:
Originally Posted by brsimmons [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Going all the way back to the 70s. The match against Amanda for Sundance (1st photo) was one of the best staged matches I have seen.
he sell this videos with 15-20$ if im not mistake.. i saw this site but i cant remember the name
Old 03-Jan-14, 17:47
Points: 5,185, Level: 30 Points: 5,185, Level: 30 Points: 5,185, Level: 30
Last Achievements

Default Re: I miss Bill Wick

I first met Bill Wick around 1980 in Las Vegas. He was a military veteran (Vietnam) who continued to undertake "special" tasks for the U.S. Government through the 1980's. He had also been a successful college wrestler. I faintly recall him telling me that he had placed 4th in the collegiate nationals at his weight class.

He was very enthusiastic. On one occasion I was photographing a contest in Raleigh, North Carolina and noticed a muscular black girl sitting in the audience. During a boring part of the prejudging I went back and spoke with her, making an appointment to take some photos later that day.

Her name was Lenda Murray and she had not won a national-level contest at that time. Bill tagged along with the two of us. I had to return to my room to get outside quality film (long before my almost infinite 64 GB memory card), both black and white and colour slides.

I went into the bedroom to get my film stash, leaving the two of them alone in the living room. When I emerged a couple of minutes later, they were on the rug with Lenda having her legs wrapped around Bill's torso. He explained that he was showing her a self-defense move. Yeah, sure, I thought, and just smiled. Then we went out for the photos, followed by Bill.

He would be over 70 now. I haven't seen him for many years. However, I think that when he got on the internet, it was a boom for him.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Polyglot For This Useful Post:
Old 03-Jan-14, 19:35
Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100
Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1%
Last Achievements

Thanked 15,079 Times in 4,065 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyglot [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I first met Bill Wick around 1980 in Las Vegas. He was a military veteran (Vietnam) who continued to undertake "special" tasks for the U.S. Government through the 1980's. He had also been a successful college wrestler. I faintly recall him telling me that he had placed 4th in the collegiate nationals at his weight class.

He was very enthusiastic. On one occasion I was photographing a contest in Raleigh, North Carolina and noticed a muscular black girl sitting in the audience. During a boring part of the prejudging I went back and spoke with her, making an appointment to take some photos later that day.

Her name was Lenda Murray and she had not won a national-level contest at that time. Bill tagged along with the two of us. I had to return to my room to get outside quality film (long before my almost infinite 64 GB memory card), both black and white and colour slides.

I went into the bedroom to get my film stash, leaving the two of them alone in the living room. When I emerged a couple of minutes later, they were on the rug with Lenda having her legs wrapped around Bill's torso. He explained that he was showing her a self-defense move. Yeah, sure, I thought, and just smiled. Then we went out for the photos, followed by Bill.

He would be over 70 now. I haven't seen him for many years. However, I think that when he got on the internet, it was a boom for him.
Great story. I heard he got Rachel McLish to scissor him...not on camera unfortunately
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to stymie For This Useful Post:
Old 04-Jan-14, 04:03
Producer
Points: 3,733, Level: 25 Points: 3,733, Level: 25 Points: 3,733, Level: 25
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Bill wick is still alive and squeezed, ask jennifer thomas or see him being squeezed at billwick.com
Old 04-Jan-14, 04:17
Producer
Last Achievements

Bill wick got scissored by more woman than anybody you know. They include 4 ms. Olympia's, murray, mclish, everson, and dunlap. He was married to the ultra death constrictor..... Kay baxter...... And hundreds of other women including olympic gold medal winners. The strongest squeezer ever was yasmin talles who he coached for many years in weight training and scissoring. No one has ever withstood her scissors head or body. He lives , he wrestles women and teaches them the constriction arts . Ask jennifer thomas she sees him often. See her on his site [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] . She would be glad to squeeze the life out of you in her fig. 4 neck scissors....
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bill Wick For This Useful Post:
Old 05-Jan-14, 14:57
Points: 14,256, Level: 51 Points: 14,256, Level: 51 Points: 14,256, Level: 51
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 1,096 Times in 394 Posts

As someone who entered the vid scene in the 90's, it's fun to remember that we used to call Bill "The Godfather" because of who he was and what he started. I met several of the professionals he influenced, but sadly never got to meet him face to face.
Old 06-Jan-14, 03:12
Producer
Last Achievements

WAS NOT......GO SEE "Patricia Steele in..." painful erotic domination"! AT LEAST LOOK AT THE "FREE PREVIEW".....[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
The Following User Says Thank You to Bill Wick For This Useful Post:
Old 06-Jan-14, 03:49
Producer
Points: 30,392, Level: 76 Points: 30,392, Level: 76 Points: 30,392, Level: 76
Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 3,211 Times in 581 Posts

I Love Bill Wick!
Bill Taught me my first few wrestling holds!
The Grapevine with the Pelvic thrusts .. lol
And of course the Head Scissors and Figure Four !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by army714 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Bill wick is still alive and squeezed, ask jennifer thomas or see him being squeezed at billwick.com
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Billwick.jpg (32.8 KB, 485 views)
Old 06-Jan-14, 07:30
Points: 5,185, Level: 30 Points: 5,185, Level: 30 Points: 5,185, Level: 30
Last Achievements

But...back to the pioneer days...

The early multimedia efforts were recorded on Super 8 film. Bill did some work for California Supreme in this format. (He had some stories about his experiences with a U.S. Olympic pentathlete (before heptathlons) and California Supreme films.) The first video efforts I recall were from Bill Wick. He showed up at one contest carrying around a cumbersome (by today's standards) Beta camcorder.

At one time at this show we (several of us) were sitting on some stools and Bill started to hypothesize a scenario with a competitor sitting with us. He wanted to record a meeting with this muscled woman whose name I cannot remember (but do remember that she later died of AIDS in Italy).

Kay was still with him at this time and I remember Bill starting to hypothesize another scenario in a hotel room with a "burglar" breaking into the room with Kay sleeping on the bed and....you can guess the next events. JSN was wrapped up in her legs whlie Bill taped away. "Army714" can probably fill in the details.

He made tapes at a greater rate than he released them. I remember him mentioning at one time that he had over 30 videos in the can that he had not released.

Of course Beta was 240-line resolution. Later SuperBeta was 400-line resolution. DV pushed it to 500 lines. Nowadays all is digital and 1080p is common and some devices can record 4k (3840 X 2160 pixels). Quality upconversions can be done on this old material, but the lesson is that for longterm commercial viability, you should always record at the greatest resolution available (4k now).

If you were in the scene in 1985 or so, you could never have imagined the future. Youtube and Tumblr are good examples. "Tom Jackson" was surprised a few times out and about by people coming up to him and asking if he were "Tom Jackson". Nowadays "Tom Jackson" is commonly seen on Youtube and Tumblr. I'm sure he never anticipated these new delivery vehicles. He wanted to keep his personal and hobby lives distinct (even from his wife), but the internet made that impossible.

I would guess that the future will hold more unanticipated surprises. In general, the internet removes intermediates from transactions. So magazines died or are dying, as the subjects of their stories can communicate directly with customers/fans. Jennifer Thomas above, for example. Previously, magazines like WPW acted as a delivery vehicle of muscular women. Also as a gateway/blockade. If someone was disliked, she did not get coverage. If someone was not dealt with fairly at a contest, she would get extra coverage (count the photos). This gateway function is gone, as all the women can present themselves directly with their fans/customers, bypassing intermediaries and editorial biases.

That is, the "past" can help us shape the future.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Polyglot For This Useful Post:
Old 06-Jan-14, 07:35
Points: 26,283, Level: 70 Points: 26,283, Level: 70 Points: 26,283, Level: 70
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,551 Times in 272 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I Love Bill Wick!
Bill Taught me my first few wrestling holds!
The Grapevine with the Pelvic thrusts .. lol
And of course the Head Scissors and Figure Four !!!

QUOTE=army714;110317]Bill wick is still alive and squeezed, ask jennifer thomas or see him being squeezed at billwick.com
Wow jennifer looks great in that pic. Love the tank and bikini combo. Bill Wick videos always seemed to have the women wearing the perfect attire, to me that stuff matters

Last edited by xhatenx; 06-Jan-14 at 07:36. Reason: Got rid of an extra quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xhatenx For This Useful Post: