Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Community > The Forum

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 15-Aug-21, 12:17
Points: 270,706, Level: 100 Points: 270,706, Level: 100 Points: 270,706, Level: 100
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 30,535 Times in 1,088 Posts
Default Practical issues regarding some functionalities.

Dear Administrator,
I am not yet comfortable with all the forum tools and I would be pleased to receive clarifications before making mistakes, I have some questions regarding three functionalities.
1 - In what “Quote” and “Q.Quote” are differents and when using one or the other ?
2 - “Subscribed thread”. I have typed the words in the search engine and got no result.
What is the interest of subscribing a thread and how operating it ?
3 - How many albums are allowed per member and what is the limit in units and size for each ?
Thank you very much for kind help
Old 19-Aug-21, 11:06
Points: 276,744, Level: 100 Points: 276,744, Level: 100 Points: 276,744, Level: 100
Activity: 99.5% Activity: 99.5% Activity: 99.5%
Last Achievements

Thanked 68,270 Times in 6,820 Posts
Default Re: Practical issues regarding some functionalities.

I was originally waiting for somebody more knowledgeable and authoritative to jump in here. But it hasn't happened yet, so I'll try to make a start with this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinayfan [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
1 - In what “Quote” and “Q.Quote” are different and when using one or the other ?
Clicking on either of them will automatically generate a 'Reply' window for you.

If you use the Quote tab attached to a post, the whole post (except perhaps photo attachments) will appear at the top of your reply. But you can still knock it down the screen if you want to type a comment before the quoted text rather than underneath it.

The q-Quote alternative is for when you only want to quote Part of a Previous Post. For this, you need to first highlight from the start of the text you want until the end of it. Then you press q-Quote and the Reply window will appear with just your selected section quoted.

The q-Quote option is particularly useful if you want to reply to a specific point the OP raised in a long boring narrative. You just cut out the sentence that you want to highlight in your reply.

It's also possible to 'Multi-Quote'. This enables you to cut out several small sections from an individual post, or from different posts by various people - as long as they're in the same thread. For that, you need to click on the symbol between Quote and q-Quote before choosing one of those two options.

I must admit I've had a few failed attempts at using Multi-Quote myself, but there's no harm done; simply reverse back out of it and try a different way.

Hope this helps (a bit).
The Following User Says Thank You to verscont For This Useful Post: