Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Kornelia vs Christian (onslaught).
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - NC-230.

Old 16-Aug-22, 19:42
Points: 47,387, Level: 95 Points: 47,387, Level: 95 Points: 47,387, Level: 95
Activity: 82.5% Activity: 82.5% Activity: 82.5%
Last Achievements

Thanked 6,997 Times in 1,499 Posts
Default Re: Kate Middleton vs Meghan Markle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Futuristics [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
What O'Hearn is doing is activating his sirtuin (repair) genes daily (by training like a bodybuilder), keeping his testosterone levels up, not drinking or smoking, maintaining bone density .. At some point, yes, you still run into this thing called the 'hayflick limit' – so there's a cut off point at which we can't escape the effects of ageing (yet) .. Some jellyfish can avoid that .. It may be that we can push it back decades .. The point with the 70-y/o powerlifter is that: if you're not lifting that heavy now, age isn't the reason .. If you can squat 200kg at 30, or 70, you're doing great.
I honestly wouldn't be at all surprised if Mike O'Hearn doesn't keel over one of these days. Most likely from a heart attack.

History suggests it's very hard to continue to carry that kind of mass through middle age. Plenty of pro-wrestlers have tried.

Bodybuilding, Pro-Wrestling, Powerlifting are all ultimately endeavours riddled with early deaths. They might have a good physique and look youthful in a picture, but looks can be deceptive. When a person gets older, it's how they're MOVING that's a far better indication of health and fitness.

It's like Ralph Macchio in Cobra Kai. He looks incredibly youthful for a 60 year old, but to see his "fight scenes" and how he is moving - his mobility, flexibility. It's uncanny valley stuff. He's dottery, weak looking and horrendously slow. You bring this up to anyone and the first thing they say is "well... he is 60 years old!" ... But then you have Thomas Ian Griffith in the role of Terry Silver. He is basically the same age as Macchio, and his face pretty much looks 60. But he's moving fantastically. Looking strong, powerful and dynamic.

O'Hearn is pumped full of drugs. It's a running joke that he claims to be natural. Clearly wearing mascara around his eyes in that picture. You think a man who wears mascara would have any qualms about some hair fibres, dye and collagen injections or anti-wrinkle creams before shoots?

Chuando Tan is undoubtedly a "freak" but again, I'm detecting some hair fibres, dye, anti-wrinkle cream if not injections. He's a photographer in the fashion business. He probably knows every trick in the book about angles, lighting, filters, style and skin products/make up. That said, that is only akin to polishing your car before putting it into a show. It's only a good thing if people are inspired by these men to eat healthier, exercise more and bring your presentation up a bit.
Old 16-Aug-22, 20:12
Points: 5,110, Level: 30 Points: 5,110, Level: 30 Points: 5,110, Level: 30
Activity: 61.4% Activity: 61.4% Activity: 61.4%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminy [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I honestly wouldn't be at all surprised if Mike O'Hearn doesn't keel over one of these days. Most likely from a heart attack.

History suggests it's very hard to continue to carry that kind of mass through middle age. Plenty of pro-wrestlers have tried.

Bodybuilding, Pro-Wrestling, Powerlifting are all ultimately endeavours riddled with early deaths. They might have a good physique and look youthful in a picture, but looks can be deceptive. When a person gets older, it's how they're MOVING that's a far better indication of health and fitness.

It's like Ralph Macchio in Cobra Kai. He looks incredibly youthful for a 60 year old, but to see his "fight scenes" and how he is moving - his mobility, flexibility. It's uncanny valley stuff. He's dottery, weak looking and horrendously slow. You bring this up to anyone and the first thing they say is "well... he is 60 years old!" ... But then you have Thomas Ian Griffith in the role of Terry Silver. He is basically the same age as Macchio, and his face pretty much looks 60. But he's moving fantastically. Looking strong, powerful and dynamic.

O'Hearn is pumped full of drugs. It's a running joke that he claims to be natural. Clearly wearing mascara around his eyes in that picture. You think a man who wears mascara would have any qualms about some hair fibres, dye and collagen injections or anti-wrinkle creams before shoots?

Chuando Tan is undoubtedly a "freak" but again, I'm detecting some hair fibres, dye, anti-wrinkle cream if not injections. He's a photographer in the fashion business. He probably knows every trick in the book about angles, lighting, filters, style and skin products/make up. That said, that is only akin to polishing your car before putting it into a show. It's only a good thing if people are inspired by these men to eat healthier, exercise more and bring your presentation up a bit.
Well the problem with pro wrestlers and bodybuilders is steroids – they're terrible for heart and circulation .. My take on Mike O'Hearn is he's probably natural .. Joe Rogan's very active and built, in his 50s, rolling with BJJ blackbelts – but you see the effects of TRT on his skin, belly, etc. It's not the youthful look of O'Hearn – it's the look of long-term androgenic effects on the body.

If O'Hearn were using something, it would be very carefully cycled – like a female .. But the problem is the belief people can only that big or ripped with steroids is self-fulfilling – it doesn't need evidence; just consensus; and anyone who claims otherwise is 'lying' .. It's a conspiracy theory – you do need evidence.

What we see from mouse studies is a 50 year old can be 30, physically, if we maintain things like NAD+ levels .. They don't grey, they stay active .. So it's very popular to take NMN now .. No one was doing this a couple of years ago .. I don't agree with that approach – I think you need to look at why levels decline in the first place (to do with CD38) .. Same reason I don't like TRT – you'll do better if you don't let T decline in the first place.

Ralph Macchio isn't an athlete .. He's always looked young .. See him interviewed at 30 on Letterman .. Kelly Slater, 50, still winning surfing competitions .. No reason he couldn't be by 60.

Likewise people claiming Chuando is plastic surgery, etc. He looks younger in video btw – but it's that when you try and do too much with surgery, it just looks worse and more obvious.

Here's a good one – Lure Hsu, 47 (as of today) .. This picture only a few months old .. You can't maintain that without staying youthful at the biological level .. You can enhance it, but it's just the human equivalent of what we're doing with mice .. Asian women (and French) are culturally much better about skincare, diet and staying out of the sun.

The Following User Says Thank You to Ryan Futuristics For This Useful Post:
Old 17-Aug-22, 15:10
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Futuristics [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Well the problem with pro wrestlers and bodybuilders is steroids – they're terrible for heart and circulation .. My take on Mike O'Hearn is he's probably natural .. Joe Rogan's very active and built, in his 50s, rolling with BJJ blackbelts – but you see the effects of TRT on his skin, belly, etc. It's not the youthful look of O'Hearn – it's the look of long-term androgenic effects on the body.

If O'Hearn were using something, it would be very carefully cycled – like a female .. But the problem is the belief people can only that big or ripped with steroids is self-fulfilling – it doesn't need evidence; just consensus; and anyone who claims otherwise is 'lying' .. It's a conspiracy theory – you do need evidence.

What we see from mouse studies is a 50 year old can be 30, physically, if we maintain things like NAD+ levels .. They don't grey, they stay active .. So it's very popular to take NMN now .. No one was doing this a couple of years ago .. I don't agree with that approach – I think you need to look at why levels decline in the first place (to do with CD38) .. Same reason I don't like TRT – you'll do better if you don't let T decline in the first place.

Ralph Macchio isn't an athlete .. He's always looked young .. See him interviewed at 30 on Letterman .. Kelly Slater, 50, still winning surfing competitions .. No reason he couldn't be by 60.

Likewise people claiming Chuando is plastic surgery, etc. He looks younger in video btw – but it's that when you try and do too much with surgery, it just looks worse and more obvious.

Here's a good one – Lure Hsu, 47 (as of today) .. This picture only a few months old .. You can't maintain that without staying youthful at the biological level .. You can enhance it, but it's just the human equivalent of what we're doing with mice .. Asian women (and French) are culturally much better about skincare, diet and staying out of the sun.
When it comes to steroids, I believe there is a big difference between use and abuse. There are plenty of examples of "steroids done right". They were, after all, engineered as a drug to bring people back to health, speed up recoveries of bed-ridden patients, etc. You have people like Schwarzenegger in his mid-70s now. He denied using steroids for a long time, but later admitted to using them and having no regrets. He used Dianabol and Primobolan. It's often said that guys in the 70s, 80s used less drugs and lower dosages than today and obviously built great physiques. O'Hearn was muscular as a teenager, so he obviously has great genetics for muscle building. Maybe he is using low dosages and because he is using less than those around him, likes to convince himself he "might as well be natty". People react differently regarding acne, bloating, etc and O'Hearn is old enough and experienced enough to know what works best for him. He's also got to the point where he's kept up claiming natty for so long, it wouldn't reflect well on him to turn around admit being on gear now, even though an overwhelming majority - pro Bodybuilders and amateurs alike - believe he is using.

A lot of Bodybuilders are now fairly open and candid about Steroids. Tom Platz, Dorian Yates, etc. Yates has always said that when he stopped, he stopped and he didn't use lots of other drugs like many do. Cory Everson probably used them in the 80s, but again, once she stopped, she stopped and is looking youthful, healthy and active through into her 60s. I think Andrulla Blanchette has also been open about what she achieved naturally and the level that gear took her to in winning Ms. Olympia, etc.

Use can cross over into abuse for many however, causing organ damage, and a raft of other health issues ultimately leading to an early grave. Steroids are also something of a gateway drug. With a lot of pro-wrestlers, it's not necessarily the steroids, but many are also using uppers, downers, painkiller addictions are common (such as the British bulldog).
On a UK B.B. forum I used to frequent, I remember a thread called "Your favourite reccy" or something where people were talking about using Meth, Benzos, Morphine, Opiates, etc. So it proves again for many, steroids are a gateway drug to other drugs and self-destructive lifestyles that often lead to an early grave.

Personally, I am more impressed by people like Glover Texeira (42) and even Ronnie O'Sullivan (46) -- still competing at the apex of their sports.

I mean, they are athletes. Training like athletes. O'Sullivan is into fitness, diet, etc. But don't necessarily look any more youthful for it.

Surely Texeira is keeping his test high, lengthening his talomeres, his NAD+, his C++. Everything to still be performing so well. But his face doesn't look anymore youthful for it.

He could easily pass for 52. In fact I think a lot of athletes look older than their real age. The Nog brothers looked like middle aged men in their 20s.

Basketball player Greg Oden, age 19;

I'm afraid "looks" often tends to be either genetics (people who looked young, like Macchio always looked young - it follows them throughout their lives, but aren't necessarily living better for it)... Or it's just smoke and mirrors. I feel it's unhealthy and sad to see guys clinging overly hard to their youth. Hair loss is a subject dear to my heart as mine started thinning a few years ago, I went through a process of researching about topicals like Regaine/Monoxidil, supplements, and the effects of DHT... Hair fibres and hair systems can really make a difference.

...If they look realistic, no one will go around announcing they're using potions and creams and head-rugs and what-not. That's the whole point. Smoke and mirrors. Create an illusion, sell stuff to the people with low self esteem desperate not to have something taken away from them (ie youthful looks). But what I learned is that it all just becomes baggage and layers of comfort blankets, secrets and sulking.

Look at the way people like Schwarzenegger and Platz are revered as charismatic, knowledgeable, wise men compared to O'Hearn, who is basically a "lolcow" in the industry, a snake oil salesman trying to sell duck eggs for 100s of dollars and gimmicky exercise equipment like "the frog", claiming to be natty. Few respect the latter.
Old 17-Aug-22, 16:02
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminy [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
When it comes to steroids, I believe there is a big difference between use and abuse. There are plenty of examples of "steroids done right". They were, after all, engineered as a drug to bring people back to health, speed up recoveries of bed-ridden patients, etc. You have people like Schwarzenegger in his mid-70s now. He denied using steroids for a long time, but later admitted to using them and having no regrets. He used Dianabol and Primobolan. It's often said that guys in the 70s, 80s used less drugs and lower dosages than today and obviously built great physiques. O'Hearn was muscular as a teenager, so he obviously has great genetics for muscle building. Maybe he is using low dosages and because he is using less than those around him, likes to convince himself he "might as well be natty". People react differently regarding acne, bloating, etc and O'Hearn is old enough and experienced enough to know what works best for him. He's also got to the point where he's kept up claiming natty for so long, it wouldn't reflect well on him to turn around admit being on gear now, even though an overwhelming majority - pro Bodybuilders and amateurs alike - believe he is using.

A lot of Bodybuilders are now fairly open and candid about Steroids. Tom Platz, Dorian Yates, etc. Yates has always said that when he stopped, he stopped and he didn't use lots of other drugs like many do. Cory Everson probably used them in the 80s, but again, once she stopped, she stopped and is looking youthful, healthy and active through into her 60s. I think Andrulla Blanchette has also been open about what she achieved naturally and the level that gear took her to in winning Ms. Olympia, etc.

Use can cross over into abuse for many however, causing organ damage, and a raft of other health issues ultimately leading to an early grave. Steroids are also something of a gateway drug. With a lot of pro-wrestlers, it's not necessarily the steroids, but many are also using uppers, downers, painkiller addictions are common (such as the British bulldog).
On a UK B.B. forum I used to frequent, I remember a thread called "Your favourite reccy" or something where people were talking about using Meth, Benzos, Morphine, Opiates, etc. So it proves again for many, steroids are a gateway drug to other drugs and self-destructive lifestyles that often lead to an early grave.

Personally, I am more impressed by people like Glover Texeira (42) and even Ronnie O'Sullivan (46) -- still competing at the apex of their sports.

I mean, they are athletes. Training like athletes. O'Sullivan is into fitness, diet, etc. But don't necessarily look any more youthful for it.

Surely Texeira is keeping his test high, lengthening his talomeres, his NAD+, his C++. Everything to still be performing so well. But his face doesn't look anymore youthful for it.

He could easily pass for 52. In fact I think a lot of athletes look older than their real age. The Nog brothers looked like middle aged men in their 20s.

Basketball player Greg Oden, age 19;

I'm afraid "looks" often tends to be either genetics (people who looked young, like Macchio always looked young - it follows them throughout their lives, but aren't necessarily living better for it)... Or it's just smoke and mirrors. I feel it's unhealthy and sad to see guys clinging overly hard to their youth. Hair loss is a subject dear to my heart as mine started thinning a few years ago, I went through a process of researching about topicals like Regaine/Monoxidil, supplements, and the effects of DHT... Hair fibres and hair systems can really make a difference.

...If they look realistic, no one will go around announcing they're using potions and creams and head-rugs and what-not. That's the whole point. Smoke and mirrors. Create an illusion, sell stuff to the people with low self esteem desperate not to have something taken away from them (ie youthful looks). But what I learned is that it all just becomes baggage and layers of comfort blankets, secrets and sulking.

Look at the way people like Schwarzenegger and Platz are revered as charismatic, knowledgeable, wise men compared to O'Hearn, who is basically a "lolcow" in the industry, a snake oil salesman trying to sell duck eggs for 100s of dollars and gimmicky exercise equipment like "the frog", claiming to be natty. Few respect the latter.
With bodybuilders in the 70s and 80s, their income came from selling supplements in magazines .. So partly the companies they worked with, and partly the claims they had to make, meant it would lose you money, admitting you were using steroids .. Same situation today with Gymshark athletes.

The VAST majority of bodybuilders are completely open with what they take .. In O'Hearn's case, there's no reason for him to lie .. I know bigger guys who are natural .. I've also never touched steroids, but because I've got a David Laid build, lift heavy, vascular, a lot of people don't believe I could be natural – because that's what they're told all the time .. Again, it's conspiracy theory logic, to say everyone who looks great and claims to be natural is lying.

Even low dose steroids will disrupt the endocrine system .. This Australian study was very important – most people believe testosterone declines with age .. Using any dose of anabolic is a good way to ensure it will:

A decline in testosterone levels as men grow older is likely the result -- not the cause -- of deteriorating general health, say Australian scientists, whose new study finds that age, in itself, has no effect on testosterone level in healthy older men.

[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

I think the point about age and looks – Macchio has a 'baby face' .. That's not necessarily a sign of slow ageing .. There are aesthetic features of youth .. But take the best athlete over 40 in MMA, Yoel Romero, 45, the quality of his skin and muscle tissue would be indistinguishable from a top college athlete.

I think the best thing you can do for hair is to maintain youthful levels of spermidine (wheat germ), and high levels of polyphenols, like naringenin (pink grapefruit), both of which promote hair growth or lengthen the growth phase .. Stop using hair products with chemicals, and use Avalon Organics Thickening shampoo and conditioner, and something like Hallelujah Hair Oil (with rosemary oil and lavender oil) .. Shea butter and coconut oil are natural DHT blockers .. The problem with propecia is (apparently) brain inflammation – the last thing you want .. Derek, more plates more dates, obv. goes harder with full on hair treatments (derma rollers, etc.), but I think you can do a lot without going that far .. And then 75g goat whey a day, for cysteine, to help clear H2O2, and avoiding greying.

Go wholewheat and organic – more spermidine, less Roundup .. My hair's thicker than it was 3-4 years ago, and I've only done these things .. Baldness is very common in my family – I thought I'd need hair plugs by 35 .. Grey hair by 40, also incredibly common .. I've got fewer now (if any) than I had .. Really, people radically underestimate how powerful polyphenols and anthocynanics are on cellular ageing .. Look at Chuando, whether by design or luck, he gets a lot of collagen in his diet, lot of spermidine, lot of naringenin, lot of whey (presumably) .. He's doing everything right .. And there are studies that show the appearance of age is a much more accurate descriptor than chronological age .. Texiera doesn't look to me like he'll be competing in his 50s .. I think it's just that 40s aren't that old for a lot of sports .. It's not unrealistic to be a pro sportsperson in your 40s, regardless .. But wrinkles and deep lines are a sign that your antioxidant systems maybe aren't as youthful as they could be, that your collagen/elastin may be degrading, and skin does tend to reflect what's going on in organs.
Old 17-Aug-22, 19:08
Last Achievements

Quote:
With bodybuilders in the 70s and 80s, their income came from selling supplements in magazines .. So partly the companies they worked with, and partly the claims they had to make, meant it would lose you money, admitting you were using steroids .. Same situation today with Gymshark athletes.
Not so sure about that. I don't have any magazines from that era, but I understand there was a lot less advertising in them and more reading material and photography. A lot more people bought magazines back then, newspapers, etc, as the internet wasn't around. The supplement industry back then was nowhere near what it became in the 2000s. Look at Rocky 1, he gets up and necks 6 raw eggs, not a whey protein shake and BCAAs.

Bodybuilders looked to make their money from advertising, commercials; a lot of it through print, photography. But also break into TV and film, such was the drive to get out to Gold's Gym in Venice Beach during the "Golden Era" so that they could network with Hollywood casting agents. Pro Wrestling was another avenue - wrestlers like Sting and Ultimate Warrior started out as Bodybuilders and took the wrestling route.

Quote:
In O'Hearn's case, there's no reason for him to lie ..
Yes there is. By this point he has basically backed himself into a corner with this charade. People see him as a troll, a joker, and lol-cow by keeping it up.

He's knows it. It's like Rich Piana -- he knew people saw him as a freak, and joked about him living on borrowed time, laughing AT him -- but it made him money, gained him notoriety and there was a level of charm and charisma to him as well, as there is with O'Hearn. People don't hate him. They are just entertained by it all.

The other option is to expose himself as having been a flat out liar all this time. Have people talk down to him like "they knew all along". And if he exposes himself about steroids, what about everything else he tries to promote? That all becomes suspect too. He risks ruining his brand and having companies abandon him if it all goes sour.

The path he's currently on is working, financially, the other is a risk... So why take that risk? He can always claim having people's interest and health at heart (which maybe he does). Piana often tried to promote staying natural even though it's not something he practised himself.

Quote:
There are aesthetic features of youth .. But take the best athlete over 40 in MMA, Yoel Romero, 45, the quality of his skin and muscle tissue would be indistinguishable from a top college athlete.

I think the best thing you can do for hair is to maintain youthful levels of spermidine (wheat germ), and high levels of polyphenols, like naringenin (pink grapefruit), both of which promote hair growth or lengthen the growth phase .. Stop using hair products with chemicals, and use Avalon Organics Thickening shampoo and conditioner, and something like Hallelujah Hair Oil (with rosemary oil and lavender oil) .. Shea butter and coconut oil are natural DHT blockers .. The problem with propecia is (apparently) brain inflammation – the last thing you want .. Derek, more plates more dates, obv. goes harder with full on hair treatments (derma rollers, etc.), but I think you can do a lot without going that far .. And then 75g goat whey a day, for cysteine, to help clear H2O2, and avoiding greying.

Go wholewheat and organic – more spermidine, less Roundup .. My hair's thicker than it was 3-4 years ago, and I've only done these things .. Baldness is very common in my family – I thought I'd need hair plugs by 35 .. Grey hair by 40, also incredibly common .. I've got fewer now (if any) than I had .. Really, people radically underestimate how powerful polyphenols and anthocynanics are on cellular ageing .. Look at Chuando, whether by design or luck, he gets a lot of collagen in his diet, lot of spermidine, lot of naringenin, lot of whey (presumably) .. He's doing everything right .. And there are studies that show the appearance of age is a much more accurate descriptor than chronological age .. Texiera doesn't look to me like he'll be competing in his 50s .. I think it's just that 40s aren't that old for a lot of sports .. It's not unrealistic to be a pro sportsperson in your 40s, regardless .. But wrinkles and deep lines are a sign that your antioxidant systems maybe aren't as youthful as they could be, that your collagen/elastin may be degrading, and skin does tend to reflect what's going on in organs.
I think Romero is fairly "baby faced" too, with roundish-features and a boyish glint in his eye. But if you look at him, really look at his face, I wouldn't put him below "late 30s" any more.

You can see the collagen levels are lower than a younger man's. Skin is really not like that of an 18-24 year old. Lines and creases here & there. Hair line is shot and salt and pepper hairs creeping in.

But again, a bit of touching up, a bit of dye, a bit of anti-wrinkle cream, the right angles and lighting and he could pass a lot of people's eye-test for a 20-something in a photoshoot or a video. He's certainly still got the physique and the movement to pull it off.

Interesting stuff about hair loss and anti-greying. Again, it's dear to my heart and as someone that always got presumed to be a bit younger, I can totally understand people wanting to balk the ageing process. Until I decided to go the Jason Statham route and rock a shaved head with a beard/stubble, I was still getting asked for ID into my 30s. But I have noticed with a more mature look, you do get more respect and even female attraction. Especially if you couple it with good dress / style, grooming, fragrance and etiquette.

I would like my beard to maintain naturally dark hair. Interesting point about the build up of bleach. I tend to notice when I pluck the odd grey, they're in a place where toothpaste can dribble and possibly bleach the hairs. I've also noticed some hairs seem to have returned dark again at the root. Like they started grey then went back to their original colour.
Old 17-Aug-22, 20:40
Points: 2,876, Level: 22 Points: 2,876, Level: 22 Points: 2,876, Level: 22
Activity: 40.4% Activity: 40.4% Activity: 40.4%

Quote:

The VAST majority of bodybuilders are completely open with what they take .. In O'Hearn's case, there's no reason for him to lie .. I know bigger guys who are natural .. I've also never touched steroids, but because I've got a David Laid build, lift heavy, vascular, a lot of people don't believe I could be natural – because that's what they're told all the time .. Again, it's conspiracy theory logic, to say everyone who looks great and claims to be natural is lying.

Even low dose steroids will disrupt the endocrine system .. This Australian study was very important – most people believe testosterone declines with age .. Using any dose of anabolic is a good way to ensure it will:

A decline in testosterone levels as men grow older is likely the result -- not the cause -- of deteriorating general health, say Australian scientists, whose new study finds that age, in itself, has no effect on testosterone level in healthy older men.

I think the point about age and looks – Macchio has a 'baby face' .. That's not necessarily a sign of slow ageing .. There are aesthetic features of youth .. But take the best athlete over 40 in MMA, Yoel Romero, 45, the quality of his skin and muscle tissue would be indistinguishable from a top college athlete.

Hair genetics are random IMO. My younger brother has a slightly better hairline than me, but my hair is extremely thick and curly whereas his is thinner.
Old 17-Aug-22, 22:40
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamerober90 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Hair genetics are random IMO. My younger brother has a slightly better hairline than me, but my hair is extremely thick and curly whereas his is thinner.
Very much .. But hair and skin are also very strong indicators for things going on in the body .. So if hair starts turning grey, or falling out, there are processes going on in the body that are common to everyone, to differing degrees.

I think hair turning grey is a useful one, because it's telling you something about how your body's dealing with H2O2, which damages cells all throughout the body, and which you can get this quick feedback on

Added after 47 minutes:

Quote:
Not so sure about that. I don't have any magazines from that era, but I understand there was a lot less advertising in them and more reading material and photography. A lot more people bought magazines back then, newspapers, etc, as the internet wasn't around. The supplement industry back then was nowhere near what it became in the 2000s. Look at Rocky 1, he gets up and necks 6 raw eggs, not a whey protein shake and BCAAs.

Bodybuilders looked to make their money from advertising, commercials; a lot of it through print, photography. But also break into TV and film, such was the drive to get out to Gold's Gym in Venice Beach during the "Golden Era" so that they could network with Hollywood casting agents. Pro Wrestling was another avenue - wrestlers like Sting and Ultimate Warrior started out as Bodybuilders and took the wrestling route.

Yes there is. By this point he has basically backed himself into a corner with this charade. People see him as a troll, a joker, and lol-cow by keeping it up.

He's knows it. It's like Rich Piana -- he knew people saw him as a freak, and joked about him living on borrowed time, laughing AT him -- but it made him money, gained him notoriety and there was a level of charm and charisma to him as well, as there is with O'Hearn. People don't hate him. They are just entertained by it all.

The other option is to expose himself as having been a flat out liar all this time. Have people talk down to him like "they knew all along". And if he exposes himself about steroids, what about everything else he tries to promote? That all becomes suspect too. He risks ruining his brand and having companies abandon him if it all goes sour.

The path he's currently on is working, financially, the other is a risk... So why take that risk? He can always claim having people's interest and health at heart (which maybe he does). Piana often tried to promote staying natural even though it's not something he practised himself.

I think Romero is fairly "baby faced" too, with roundish-features and a boyish glint in his eye. But if you look at him, really look at his face, I wouldn't put him below "late 30s" any more.

You can see the collagen levels are lower than a younger man's. Skin is really not like that of an 18-24 year old. Lines and creases here & there. Hair line is shot and salt and pepper hairs creeping in.

But again, a bit of touching up, a bit of dye, a bit of anti-wrinkle cream, the right angles and lighting and he could pass a lot of people's eye-test for a 20-something in a photoshoot or a video. He's certainly still got the physique and the movement to pull it off.

Interesting stuff about hair loss and anti-greying. Again, it's dear to my heart and as someone that always got presumed to be a bit younger, I can totally understand people wanting to balk the ageing process. Until I decided to go the Jason Statham route and rock a shaved head with a beard/stubble, I was still getting asked for ID into my 30s. But I have noticed with a more mature look, you do get more respect and even female attraction. Especially if you couple it with good dress / style, grooming, fragrance and etiquette.

I would like my beard to maintain naturally dark hair. Interesting point about the build up of bleach. I tend to notice when I pluck the odd grey, they're in a place where toothpaste can dribble and possibly bleach the hairs. I've also noticed some hairs seem to have returned dark again at the root. Like they started grey then went back to their original colour.
I think I might have posted these before, but another huge part of skin ageing is environment .. UV exposure is basically skin ageing – and things like vitamin C, lycopene, naringenin, etc. work by reducing the damage UV does (much like catalase and glutathione reduce the damage H2O2 does).

I'd be the first to say, friends who look older than their age tend to have a much easier time with women .. Chuando, Keanu Reeves, Tom Cruise, Jared Leto, etc. young looking guys are usually perpetually single .. As are young looking women (e.g. Liz Hurley) .. The sooner a guy looks like a 'man', the easier it'll be to land a quality woman.

I get mistaken for up to 23 years younger than my actual age (even in the past fortnight) .. I think older women find me attractive, in the way they find young guys attractive – not as serious options .. And even in the past week, with work, it's been an issue that a woman my age sees me as a 'boy' (need someone a bit more serious/experienced) .. I still attract 19-year-olds more than any other age group – a school girl waved at me just earlier .. I've never dated a significantly younger girl btw.

Not that I'd trade it .. It's just we don't have the cultural or social language – outside vampire fiction .. Increasingly I'm having to tell people I don't do age – because I don't want to misrepresent myself (and usually girls only ask because they assume I'm younger than they are) .. I suppose you realise that the reason guys live like they do in their 20s (carefree and without too much responsibility) is largely because of how society sees you.

And yes, repigmentation happens with hair .. I obsessively wash any trace of toothpaste off my skin .. There are things in toothpaste (bleach would be one) that oxidise, and that's what we're trying to avoid .. I've got a rule never to use anything on my skin that I wouldn't eat – because we absorb things through skin as efficiently as if we injected them (smaller compounds) .. Hands are the exception (soap), but otherwise I don't touch soaps, shower gels, any product that doesn't need to be kept in the fridge .. Anything anti-bacterial seems terrible for skin, too

Last edited by Ryan Futuristics; 17-Aug-22 at 22:40.
Old 17-Aug-22, 23:53
Last Achievements

Quote:

And yes, repigmentation happens with hair .. I obsessively wash any trace of toothpaste off my skin .. There are things in toothpaste (bleach would be one) that oxidise, and that's what we're trying to avoid .. I've got a rule never to use anything on my skin that I wouldn't eat – because we absorb things through skin as efficiently as if we injected them (smaller compounds) .. Hands are the exception (soap), but otherwise I don't touch soaps, shower gels, any product that doesn't need to be kept in the fridge .. Anything anti-bacterial seems terrible for skin, too

So where do you get your goat whey? Is this any good? Goat and Sheep ?

Old 18-Aug-22, 01:59
Last Achievements

Quote:
So where do you get your goat whey? Is this any good? Goat and Sheep ?

I've bought that one several times .. I'd say because these are very natural, without the fillers and sweeteners, they can be a bit dry and lumpy .. So I mix it well, in a glass of water, and leave it 5-10 minutes – then it's creamy and great.

I try to go for 3 scoops a day, evenly spaced, with a teaspoon or two of marine collagen .. 3 scoops gives you about the same dose of cysteine they use (in the form of NAC) in hospitals to reduce cellular damage from contrast (radioactive) dye injected .. The cysteine is used by the body to produce glutathione – the master antioxidant .. So it's a level that, to some extent, is used medicinally to treat very mild radiation poisoning.

About once a day I'll have it in a smoothie, with banana, frozen blueberries, milk, turmeric and black pepper (the piperine in pepper massively improves absorption of polyphenols, like resveratrol, as well as curcumin, in the turmeric).

The most important thing I think I take (imo) is pink grapefruit juice .. I started drinking it for the lycopene .. Only years later I found out it's probably the best source of naringenin (in the form of naringin) there is – to the point you don't really want to drink more than a litre (or 3/4) a day, because it's a potassium channel blocker, and if you had long QT syndrome, it might not be a good idea (there are studies on this) .. Also if you have poor kidney function, naringenin can accumulate .. Naringenin is linked to everything, from hair growth to heart health, blood vessels, brain function, protecting the skin from UV – if there's one thing that's stopped me ageing, I'd guess it's naringenin.

It's also a great source of polyamines, particularly putrescene, which is a precursor of spermidine .. Very interesting compounds – they decline with age, interesting effects on ageing .. Spermidine is the one which studies show really lengthens age .. Spermidine supplements are a huge rip-off – there are ppl spending £hundreds a month getting the same dose I get from a £2 pack of organic wheat germ for a month .. But, there is a study linking higher spermidine levels to higher risk of stroke – cause & effect not established, as higher spermidine is well linked to lower mortality .. I do go easy on it though – a tablespoon a day (wheat germ) .. When I started, I took a lot, and felt amazing .. More research needed though – I try to be very cautious
The Following User Says Thank You to Ryan Futuristics For This Useful Post:
Old 30-Aug-22, 16:25
Points: 4,171, Level: 27 Points: 4,171, Level: 27 Points: 4,171, Level: 27
Activity: 43.9% Activity: 43.9% Activity: 43.9%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Upon further research, the Middleton sisters certainly have some good genetics. Pippa a little more so than Kate, even.

Sinewy Kate mogs a little Indian man.

Broad shoulders, strong back.

Dominant Dutchess.

Status Symbol arms.

Another article:

That's what I'm talking about. The fact that these women (many celebs) pay such close attention to their health, fitness and bodies really doesn't make it a stretch that they could embarrass the donut munching, video game playing, sedentary, couch potato males of today in a fight. Simply through vastly superior fitness. Many guys simply don't realise how far behind they are lagging until they embarrass themselves. Women are getting stronger.

Pippa Middleton is getting near Cameron Diaz levels of development and ripped-ness.
Indian guy here. Very few indian men around me would be able to pose a challenge to her.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to .... For This Useful Post: