Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Community > General Discussion [Off-Topic]

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 20-Nov-22, 11:32
Points: 2,689, Level: 21 Points: 2,689, Level: 21 Points: 2,689, Level: 21
Activity: 4.2% Activity: 4.2% Activity: 4.2%
Last Achievements

Default Uber drivers, do you ever wish you had a day where all passengers were women?

I drive for Uber on the side. I've noticed I enjoy female passengers better for several reasons.

First, they tend to be more likely to be interested in having conversations and asking questions. When they do conversate, their conversations are often more interesting than that of men.

Second reason really kicks in when dealing with late night bar passengers. I have had rowdy/annoying females, but they are few and far between and their behavior is NEVER as disrespectful as that of the men I deal with.

Finally, they tend to be better tippers. I have a very good memory of where I pick up and drop off passengers. I cannot remember names well, but my memory is a photographic one and I can match trips to faces very well. This helps me remember who tips and who doesn't when I see the tip notifications come up. Over the past 3 months, I've noticed that women have tipped better and more often than men.

A bonus reason is that female passengers seem more compassionate. This typically shows later on when I am in my last 2-3 hours of driving. Despite my best efforts, the ladies typically pick up on my mood without me saying anything.
The Following User Says Thank You to femwhipped93 For This Useful Post:
Old 20-Nov-22, 13:49
Points: 11,051, Level: 45 Points: 11,051, Level: 45 Points: 11,051, Level: 45
Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,162 Times in 1,030 Posts
Default Re: Uber drivers, do you ever wish you had a day where all passengers were women?

When I take Uber, I rarely talk to the driver beyond hello/goodbye/thank you/etc. I never cause problems for them, am never drunk, etc. I always tip 20% (might reconsider if I had a horrible experience, which hasn't happened to me yet). Primarily (besides our guilt-tripping culture) because they have the power to give customers a bad review and box them out of using the platform at all (just like Airbnb hosts). This aspect of Uber sucks. Though I've heard people say drivers don't really do this, unlike Airbnb hosts.

Uber has gotten significantly more expensive. It's just as expensive as a taxi now that they have more market share, just like Airbnb is way more expensive than hotels now.

Last edited by uxiel; 20-Nov-22 at 13:56.
Old 20-Nov-22, 15:01
Points: 11,563, Level: 46 Points: 11,563, Level: 46 Points: 11,563, Level: 46
Activity: 45.2% Activity: 45.2% Activity: 45.2%
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,006 Times in 624 Posts
Default Re: Uber drivers, do you ever wish you had a day where all passengers were women?

In American cities,most taxis have a flat rate per mile but with Uber rates can zoom upward based on demand in a given location at a particular time.
Old 20-Nov-22, 15:12
Points: 4,597, Level: 28 Points: 4,597, Level: 28 Points: 4,597, Level: 28
Activity: 35.7% Activity: 35.7% Activity: 35.7%
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,013 Times in 318 Posts

Interesting post..
I've worked in service industries off & on over the years. One respect that my experience has differed from yours: I find that men are generally better tippers. But other than that, I second your post. It's a lot more fun serving women than men..
The Following User Says Thank You to Patrick Henry For This Useful Post:
Old 20-Nov-22, 15:17
Last Achievements

I'm not sure that's true. In taxis I've been in (not very often admittedly) I see calculations based on base charge, distance, and time. Uber certainly bases price on supply and demand. It is nicer to not have to spell out addresses and waste time correcting things they misheard, and to know when exactly they'll arrive. But Uber has gotten more expensive, like I said. This is the play with all these apps (Airbnb, Doordash, ...). Offer low prices to drive adoption, once everyone is using you, jack up prices.
Old 20-Nov-22, 17:25
Producer
Points: 27,496, Level: 72 Points: 27,496, Level: 72 Points: 27,496, Level: 72
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,448 Times in 1,066 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizyz [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
In American cities,most taxis have a flat rate per mile but with Uber rates can zoom upward based on demand in a given location at a particular time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by uxiel [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I'm not sure that's true.
What bizyz said is absolutely true. "Surge pricing" can make a planned good day go very badly (as in: become much more expensive) in rather short order.

Even if you see the price bouncing between normal and surge and think you can just wait for the right bounce, you might run into the connected driver choosing to cancel the ride. Über then claims you keep your spot in line, but there's no way to prove they're being truthful or lying about that part. Doesn't matter - because you're subject to the new price anyway.

My last Übers in the U.S. was last month in Vegas. Ordinarily I'd expect to pay about $15-16 to go from the airport to poopy Palms Place, however, when I first called, the app showed $33. And then it went to $45-55 within the same minute. I was able to get the $45, but never saw the $33 again.

It's possible a taxi would only have been $25-30, but the line was so fucking long. It ended up working out. My driver had a nice, smoke-free Tesla and I was at ease when I reached the hotel.
Old 20-Nov-22, 17:37
Last Achievements

Everytime I go to Las Vegas, I take a taxi from the airport to the hotel (on strip) and an Uber back. It's always the same price for both, give or take, ~$40, including tip. I do book the Uber back in advance (the night before), so the price gets settled then.

I wasn't disputing surge pricing. I specifically said their price is based on supply and demand. The part that's not true is taxi cost being based only on the distance. When you're sitting in traffic not moving at all, you still see the meter go up.

It's just Uber.

Teslas blow up a little too often.