Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Community > General Discussion [Off-Topic]

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 07-Aug-22, 22:35
Points: 6,559, Level: 34 Points: 6,559, Level: 34 Points: 6,559, Level: 34
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Mystery man Magic mushrooms

So I’m due to have my first shroom trip with a couple of friends. But one of them dropped in that it’s best to know where you want the trip to take you, and be comfortable going there… now, I know where I want to go - but is that a healthy trip - please help if you have been there?
I’m fairly well versed in habitual drugs and have ‘played’ with most but nothing hallucinogenic. If it went perfectly could be embarrassing, could also be if it didn’t. If I’m meant to know where I want to go then this will win lol so wondering if it’s a brilliant or a terrible idea?

*I realise drugs are bad and am in no way proud Of taking shrooms (yet) or anything else
Old 07-Aug-22, 23:45
Poet
Points: 7,214, Level: 36 Points: 7,214, Level: 36 Points: 7,214, Level: 36
Activity: 47.6% Activity: 47.6% Activity: 47.6%
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,142 Times in 305 Posts
Exclamation Re: MAgic mushrooms

Being versed in many psychoactive substances
I would suggest against using any of them
because they tend to flip your movie.
The picture before and after taking
them is never the same.
Look at your buddies
see their life accomplishments
no stoner or shroomer will ever be a president of the US
if you catch my drift.

But if you do want to be a psychonaut
and if your life's choice
disregarding the
peer pressure
is to detune
your brain strings
be it for the purpose of fun
or to explore the ways of changing mind
I would suggest that you bring your body
in top physical form first before
attempting anything alike
because if you don't
you will damage yourself.
But if you are not willing to
do something radical
as that to save your
mind and body
from the long term effects
than 500mg of paracetamol an hour before
and after you sober out would be
recommended, b-complex vits
also orange juice.
But during very important ar hand to have
bunch of sugar in any
possible form but
most important
liquid.
See if your friends were doing things
that I said with their shrooms b4
you go and try,
just ask them
and if they didn't
save yourself from
such kind of people!

Only my 2 cents
Old 08-Aug-22, 00:18
Points: 3,159, Level: 23 Points: 3,159, Level: 23 Points: 3,159, Level: 23
Activity: 11.9% Activity: 11.9% Activity: 11.9%
Last Achievements

Default Re: MAgic mushrooms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markwebb [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
So I’m due to have my first shroom trip with a couple of friends. But one of them dropped in that it’s best to know where you want the trip to take you, and be comfortable going there… now, I know where I want to go - but is that a healthy trip - please help if you have been there?
I’m fairly well versed in habitual drugs and have ‘played’ with most but nothing hallucinogenic. If it went perfectly could be embarrassing, could also be if it didn’t. If I’m meant to know where I want to go then this will win lol so wondering if it’s a brilliant or a terrible idea?

*I realise drugs are bad and am in no way proud Of taking shrooms (yet) or anything else
This is a terrible idea, and no true, genuine friends would ever encourage you to do drugs.
Old 08-Aug-22, 01:54
Banned
Points: 8,782, Level: 40 Points: 8,782, Level: 40 Points: 8,782, Level: 40
Activity: 19.0% Activity: 19.0% Activity: 19.0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,529 Times in 659 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markwebb [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

I'm not sure you can force a spiritual experience – but going in with the mindset of wanting something out of it could work.

I'd say it's very unlikely you'll really hallucinate much .. My first trip on psilocybin was a very large dose (by today's standards – a good half sandwich bag full), and the visuals, outside in the dark, were somewhat psychedelic .. A sense of colour and fluidity, reminiscent of 60s album covers – but full on hallucinations are not common.

Obviously if there's any history of schizophrenia in your family, it's better to stay away .. If you're prone to paranoia or hearing voices when stoned, probably don't do psychedelics .. But really, for most people, they're not unlike doing MDMA (what you call 'molly' in the US) – there's a different edge, but I've had similar experiences on both.

My worst trip on mushrooms just involved being in the wrong state of mind – being a bit anxious – and I had to go home and ride it out .. It was no nightmare bad trip, but time seemed to pass extremely slowly – the brain on overdrive .. It was tedious and you couldn't really relax or do much .. And what I always say is alcohol is the antidote to psychedelics .. Two beers really takes the edge off.

I always find the risky part of tripping is how you come up – you don't want your brain to fight it .. You're unlikely to go to any nightmarish netherworlds, but anxiety + psychedelics can be a grind .. So my favourite way to take mushrooms is to brew them up in a big teapot, with tea bags, and just smoke weed, maybe drink a few beers, and sip the tea at your own pace .. If you slide into psychedelics, feeling good, and not overwhelmed, you can control how high you want to get.

The only times I've managed to go into full-on alternate realities have been with mixing strong psychedelics with ketamine and MDMA, over a whole night .. Other nights we've done 8 tabs of acid (over a night, there's a limit to how high you can get normally) and driven around, and gone for walks, and really been fine, and just felt the beauty in nature and this buzz and sense of unity
Old 08-Aug-22, 02:08
Points: 8,234, Level: 38 Points: 8,234, Level: 38 Points: 8,234, Level: 38
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements

Quote:

The truth is, you have no idea where the drug will take you. You could be in a great mindset going in and then horrifying ideas bubble up from your unconscious. Likewise, you could have a nervous mindset going in and experience pure bliss. Your brain is going to be functioning at a rate that is so insanely fast you won't even be able to remember where you wanted it to go, and even if you did, it's going to go where it wants. What a shroom trip does is allow your conscious to interact with your unconscious -- like dreams and such. You don't get to choose what comes out of that. What comes out is what comes out.

If it's good, it's heaven. If it's bad, it's hell. You won't know which until you're on the ride. But if it does go bad, remember this -- it WILL end. Sit somewhere comfortable, grab your chair, and wait it out. It'll feel like you'll be there forever but remember that you WON'T. Be VERY CLEAR on that before you start. A trip usually lasts 6-8 hours, with it peaking for about 2 hours in the middle and then gradually fading down for the last few hours. Mark down what time you start so you can reference how long you have left if it's going badly. There is literally nothing you can eat or drink that will stop the trip sooner, unfortunately, and it's probably a good thing to know that ahead of time.

Also keep in mind that ideas that come to mind about your life, the people in it, and the universe -- they're just ideas, not facts. They will seem like the most profound facts of life at the time, but they're just raw unconscious impulses firing at random from the depths of your mind, and because the drug is opening receptors in your brain that open you to completely different ways of seeing and thinking, you'll think you'll be tapped into a universe of ultimate wisdom. You're not. You're just really high. Take EVERY realization and idea you get with a grain of salt if you can remember to. Some may be true, but plenty won't be, and while under the influence, you'll feel like it's all true, no matter how crazy. This is why some people who take LCD think they have the power to fly and then jump out a window... falling to their death.

One other thing -- there is a chance (albeit a small one) that you'll faint while on it. Doesn't happen often or to most, but it has been known to happen. If you're not already sitting or lying down if this happens, the repercussions of this happening could be catastrophic -- like cracking your head open and having to go to the ER while tripping on shrooms but not being in any state to know how to get there, what to say if you do get there, what your medical insurance is, the problems you might now have with the police, etc... If you do decide to drop shrooms, make damn sure you have someone there who is agreeing to be sober during it and is available to help whoever may need it. Having a lifeline to reality is CRUCIAL. For any drug you do, sooner or later, you're gonna have a bad experience with it. It's inevitable if you do it enough times.

In conclusion, shrooms can be the best thing ever. But they can also be the worst thing ever, too, so take at your own risk. If you're having serious doubts, DON'T take part. It's not like you have to. Shrooms are definitely not for everyone.

Oh, and don't take more than 1/8th. That's MORE than enough to get you to wherever you want to go for a first trip. 1/16th is too little, though ;-)

DO NOT MIX WITH OTHER DRUGS. If you smoke with weed, especially while peaking or starting to come down from peaking, it can exponentially amplify your trip WAY beyond anything you thought you could handle. Remember the stargate sequence at the end of 2001: A Space Odyssey? Imagine that but at 100 times the intensity and 100 times faster... everywhere you look, and it's worse when you close your eyes.

Last edited by mark.johnson21; 08-Aug-22 at 02:14.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mark.johnson21 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-Aug-22, 06:56
Points: 8,124, Level: 38 Points: 8,124, Level: 38 Points: 8,124, Level: 38
Activity: 9.5% Activity: 9.5% Activity: 9.5%
Last Achievements

Don’t know why this is being discussed in a mixed wrestling forum? As a teenager I took magic mushrooms a few times, once had a bad trip, not my thing anymore….
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to james For This Useful Post:
Old 08-Aug-22, 22:55
Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100
Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1%
Last Achievements

Thanked 15,079 Times in 4,065 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by james [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Don’t know why this is being discussed in a mixed wrestling forum? As a teenager I took magic mushrooms a few times, once had a bad trip, not my thing anymore….
Yeah, there is a General Discussion Forum here, but I guess it's a free-for-all now.
Old 08-Aug-22, 23:43
Points: 7,622, Level: 37 Points: 7,622, Level: 37 Points: 7,622, Level: 37
Activity: 23.8% Activity: 23.8% Activity: 23.8%
Last Achievements

This is fascinating really, but why the neck is it in this section? I thought maybe he wanted to hallucinate a mixed wrestling match or something, but I really don't know what's going on, lol.
Old 09-Aug-22, 00:48
Banned
Points: 8,782, Level: 40 Points: 8,782, Level: 40 Points: 8,782, Level: 40
Activity: 19.0% Activity: 19.0% Activity: 19.0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,529 Times in 659 Posts

My favourite thing in the world is doing psychedelics at a friend's house, while smoking weed with a girl you're deeply into .. Music and midnight walks .. Then making food in the kitchen before dawn – feeling satisfied and at peace with everything – with this girl you want to marry.

I would say beer, cigarettes and weed are great ways to maintain comfort and control on psychedelics .. Beer is really the antidote to introspection .. I also strongly recommend homemade devilled eggs for a snack.

Mixed wrestling on psychedelics might be fantastic therapy for us all .. The girl would have to be on them too – being around straight people can make you awkwardly self-aware .. I'd imagine on psilocybin, the desire to win would be long gone, and you'd just want to roll around naked, embrace the struggle, and spoon and compare hand sizes .. Even now I wonder why we spend a single evening not doing this – "Why don't we do this all the time?" is a thought I always have
The Following User Says Thank You to Ryan Futuristics For This Useful Post:
Old 09-Aug-22, 04:51
Points: 8,234, Level: 38 Points: 8,234, Level: 38 Points: 8,234, Level: 38
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements

I've had that thought, too, when the trip was going well. And the exact opposite when it was going badly. But you can't take shrooms all that often. The experience is so heavy and taxing on the brain that you probably wouldn't want to do it right after you've just done it, anyway. It's the kind of experience that needs time to marinate. I wouldn't want to ruin it by doing it too often.

Obviously, experiences will vary person to person, but I find shrooms are extremely introspective, and that is the part of it I definitely don't like. I don't want to be reminded we're all gonna die, and I definitely don't want to hallucinate what those around me will look like when the light leaves their eyes. I don't want to be shown how everything is all a great big everything and a great big nothing at the same time. I don't want to be made painfully aware of the meaningless and pointless of everything, and the fact that anything you like and enjoy will change and be gone, and that we'll be gone forever, too, as will all our loves ones, hopes, and dreams. I don't want to be made aware of painful things in life and the world I have no control over. I just want to see some cool patterns everywhere, hallucinate that I'm a flame exploring eternity with my wife, and play my musical instruments at God-like levels where everything in the universe suddenly makes sense and the body high hits its peak. But I don't get to pick if that's how it's going to go. And too often, it goes into really really dark territory for me, and it's for that reason that I don't do it anymore. Too many bad trips. If I were to do it again, I'd be in fear of the trip going bad, and it would ruin it. Besides, been there, done that. Last time it was good, it was fun, but it wasn't anything new. I kind of felt a bit of a downer, sorta like: "Been here already, done this. Is this really as good as it gets? I mean, it's good, it's just... not great anymore."

My kinks seem laughably stupid and petty when on that stuff given that the drug provides exponentially more pleasure than the kink ever could. There's no comparison at all. Makes me wonder why I give any of this the time of day. And then I realize it's because most of the time I'm stuck on Earth in my own head without a drug to free my mind from it, and the kink is the attempt to do it.
The Following User Says Thank You to mark.johnson21 For This Useful Post: