Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 28-Jun-20, 19:25
Session Wrestler
Points: 10,164, Level: 43 Points: 10,164, Level: 43 Points: 10,164, Level: 43
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 2,126 Times in 333 Posts
Default Semi-retiring from sessions

I feel the time has come for me to step out and dedicate more time to my other life hobbies: Art (painting/sculpture), meditation, reading/writing and Jiu-Jitsu.
I am calling it semi-retiring because I will still have a few session here and there, specially with some repeat clients that we enjoy each other's company.
I will only answer a few e-mails here and there and will participate in Jennifer's event. Also, may be around the forum just to give some input on some subjects. One day, may just disappear altogether from the scene, but I still find it fun, so may stick around a little longer.
I wrote Bill from WB270 to remove my profile and photos and he kindly did and wrote me to wish me the best.
Looking back, It is been a good experience overall, met some nice Guys that we have become good friends and still in touch, learned more about the the human psyche and about myself.
Also, made some beginner mistakes: selling myself too low (started offering sessions at $180), gave too much time to many guys (sometimes up to 3 hours !) and answered every single e-mail (80% timewasters or guys with mental issues) but it was all from the goodness of my heart.
Also, this forum has been of great help along the way, and I appreciate all the gentlemen out there that are respectful and know that life is too short to be play silly games and that we are here for a brief time to learn more about ourselves and grow to be better human beings and beyond.
Thanks you for reading, we may meet some day...
best wishes and hugs
Anji
Old 28-Jun-20, 19:50
Producer
Points: 30,120, Level: 76 Points: 30,120, Level: 76 Points: 30,120, Level: 76
Activity: 22.9% Activity: 22.9% Activity: 22.9%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,836 Times in 527 Posts
Default Re: Semi-retiring from sessions

Best wishes to you in the future. Be well

[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mmadomination For This Useful Post:
Old 28-Jun-20, 20:53
Points: 26,283, Level: 70 Points: 26,283, Level: 70 Points: 26,283, Level: 70
Activity: 99.3% Activity: 99.3% Activity: 99.3%
Last Achievements

Thanked 3,335 Times in 1,828 Posts

*megaphone echo* Now here this, a spot has opened on the best active session wrestler lists.
Seriously though, it has been great having you in the community for the past 2 and a half years (especially in LA, where the quality of options isn't what most would assume) and you'll be missed. Looking forward to saying hi to you again in September. Enjoy a summer filled with your other art.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to boyofwinter For This Useful Post:
Old 28-Jun-20, 21:18
Spandex Wrestling Ninja

Best wishes Anji one of the greats
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 28-Jun-20, 21:20
Session Wrestler
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by boyofwinter [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
a spot has opened on the best active session wrestler lists.
Hey, I am not dead yet...still around so leave my spot alone
I will still session, just more selective and mostly with former clients and some forum members.
Thanks for the good wishes and see you in Sept !
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Anji For This Useful Post:
Old 29-Jun-20, 08:38
Moderator [D]
Points: 7,721, Level: 37 Points: 7,721, Level: 37 Points: 7,721, Level: 37
Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4%
Last Achievements

What I have just read makes me a little sad.

But I'm not giving up hope of meeting you one day on the mat.

I probably will not make it to the event in September.

Best wishes Anji.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ManInBlack For This Useful Post:
Old 29-Jun-20, 09:21
Points: 20,860, Level: 63 Points: 20,860, Level: 63 Points: 20,860, Level: 63
Activity: 4.9% Activity: 4.9% Activity: 4.9%
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,288 Times in 454 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anji [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I feel the time has come for me to step out and dedicate more time to my other life hobbies: Art (painting/sculpture), meditation, reading/writing and Jiu-Jitsu.
Hey Anji, nice message of yours. It will make some sad, but hey, that's your life. Your choice. Your personal evolution.

I'm myself much dedicated to meditation, writing and too many other hobbies and mixed wrestling has stolen so many hours in my life.

Stolen?

Oh, not because I consider those hours lost. Make no mistake, I LOVE wrestling. But it quickly turns into an addiction and make your time-blind. When I start reading this forum or watching videos, I just lose the feeling of time.

I have consumed so much and make myself wrestling-fat with great bulimic pleasure. But at the same time, I realize I have used my time to produce anything.

Life is so much better when you can produce as much as you consume. Trust me on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anji [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Also, made some beginner mistakes: selling myself too low (started offering sessions at $180), gave too much time to many guys (sometimes up to 3 hours !) and answered every single e-mail (80% timewasters or guys with mental issues) but it was all from the goodness of my heart.
In replying to one of my message somewhere in that forum last year, you genuinely and deliberately promised to offer me like a whole afternoon of wrestling or to double the time of the session (something like this).

I think you did it NOT because of beginner's mistake. You are not a beginner anymore. You did it because something in my words made you think I deserve it. I assume you felt value in my words or saw a nice soul behind them, and you wanted to "payback" in making me feel the same about you.

May be I'm just talking bullshit, but that's how I feel. You're a genuine person who do everything she does out of pure passion.

So don't blame yourself on anything.$180 is already very expensive of some guys and I'm sure you gave some of them the chance of their life to experience about a sometime shameful fetish they have been hidden secret for life. I'm sure those guys will remember you for life.

It does not mean some less technical wrestlers do not invoice more. It does not me you are 1,000 times a more skilled wrestler than them. But to each their own path.

Money is just ONE form of energy. Reducing yourself to financial gains would be too restrictive, and not alined with who I think you are.

Hope my words will enrich your curren thoughts and make you feel good.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to funwrestler For This Useful Post:
Old 29-Jun-20, 14:01
Points: 5,265, Level: 30 Points: 5,265, Level: 30 Points: 5,265, Level: 30
Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1%
Last Achievements

Anji, to be honest I'm a little disappointed that you are semi-retiring. It means the chance of us meeting will decline. But I am sincerely happy for you. Hope you find the time spent on focusing on your other interests and passions rewarding and enriching. On and off the mat you conduct yourself with class. Glad you have found your experiences with sessions to have been beneficial.

Thankful you will not be gone completely. Wish you all the best.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jfm For This Useful Post:
Old 29-Jun-20, 15:53
Session Wrestler
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by funwrestler [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
You're a genuine person who do everything she does out of pure passion.
Thank you. Yes, you are right on several points: the Mix wrestling world does take energy and time. Not only physical, but on the mental space as well, it can become addicting if not under control. The offer does stand if we ever meet I love grappling so I lose sense of time and money was not my number 1 priority, even that the extra cash is always welcome to pay for training expenses.Appreciate your input. Hugs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfm [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
It means the chance of us meeting will decline
There is still a chance, I will continue to session, just more selective and if someone mentions the forum, even greater opportunity you are in my short list...best wishes to you as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spandex Wrestling Ninja [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Best wishes Anji one of the greats
Muchas Gracias

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManInBlack [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
ut I'm not giving up hope of meeting you one day on the mat.
I am not giving up hope either hopefully it happens some day and we can enjoy some time on the mats. All the best to you as well.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Anji For This Useful Post:
Old 29-Jun-20, 16:50
Points: 12,053, Level: 47 Points: 12,053, Level: 47 Points: 12,053, Level: 47
Activity: 9.5% Activity: 9.5% Activity: 9.5%
Last Achievements

Wishing you all the best Anji!

Would be cool to see you continue to post here from time to time as you always have solid, insightful input!

But mostly I just wanna wish you success and happiness in all your future pursuits, Best of luck Anji!
The Following User Says Thank You to RyonaGuy For This Useful Post: