Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 05-Jan-20, 01:11
Session Wrestler
Points: 10,164, Level: 43 Points: 10,164, Level: 43 Points: 10,164, Level: 43
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 2,126 Times in 333 Posts
Default Worst moment of 2019

Most (95%) of my session experiences so far have been very positive, with a few negative moments. One of them was something that I hope will never happen again. (impossible to predict, specially in a real competitive match).
It all started when a very respectful gentleman reached out to me for a competitive session. Everything went perfect, from e-mails, deposits, set-up etc the communication was excellent. When he arrived at my place, we chat for a bit and he brought me one of the best gifts someone has ever given me in this lifetime: Tibetan Prayer flags he brought from one of his trips !!! .
Then we went to the mats and he said: " I been trying to figure out how to escape from your Jiu-jItsu submissions " I was in Bottom half-guard and got him into an Americana arm lock hold, very tight, since he has not grappling experience, suddenly he turned his body sideways with a quick move, and since my Kimura grip was firm and strong I hear this terrible sound similar to that of breaking a tree branch ... I instantly let go of the hold and told him: " Your arm is broken !!! " He was completely calm and said, "No, I don't think so" then tried to move the arm and could not, again, with calm said: "Oh yes, is broken "... We found a near by Hospital, he insisted he was fine driving by himself and I told him to keep me up to date, an hour later he texted me and confirmed the bone break on x-ray, got a cast and went home.
After that, we kept in touch and a few weeks later his cast was removed and he started physical therapy.
I want to end by saying, if he is reading this or not, "sorry, again" I admire your bravery and hope you are towards 100% recovery by now. To the one's reading, be careful with moves you are not certain about, and never forget that submission wrestling/Jiu-Jitsu techniques are really dangerous and can even be fatal or lead to serious injuries. Tap early, be safe.
Old 05-Jan-20, 01:23
Points: 6,983, Level: 35 Points: 6,983, Level: 35 Points: 6,983, Level: 35
Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1%
Last Achievements

Default Re: Worst moment of 2019

This is exactly why I have disallowed joint locks in my sessions before.
Old 05-Jan-20, 10:42
Points: 3,285, Level: 23 Points: 3,285, Level: 23 Points: 3,285, Level: 23
Last Achievements

I also broke my arm once in a wrestling session. The wrestler in question has never contacted me again. That indicates what a good person Anji is. The worst thing was that the insurance company did not want to pay because the fracture could not have been caused by a fall. They wanted to hold session wrestler liable. In the end I took care of it myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anji [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Most (95%) of my session experiences so far have been very positive, with a few negative moments. One of them was something that I hope will never happen again. (impossible to predict, specially in a real competitive match).
It all started when a very respectful gentleman reached out to me for a competitive session. Everything went perfect, from e-mails, deposits, set-up etc the communication was excellent. When he arrived at my place, we chat for a bit and he brought me one of the best gifts someone has ever given me in this lifetime: Tibetan Prayer flags he brought from one of his trips !!! .
Then we went to the mats and he said: " I been trying to figure out how to escape from your Jiu-jItsu submissions " I was in Bottom half-guard and got him into an Americana arm lock hold, very tight, since he has not grappling experience, suddenly he turned his body sideways with a quick move, and since my Kimura grip was firm and strong I hear this terrible sound similar to that of breaking a tree branch ... I instantly let go of the hold and told him: " Your arm is broken !!! " He was completely calm and said, "No, I don't think so" then tried to move the arm and could not, again, with calm said: "Oh yes, is broken "... We found a near by Hospital, he insisted he was fine driving by himself and I told him to keep me up to date, an hour later he texted me and confirmed the bone break on x-ray, got a cast and went home.
After that, we kept in touch and a few weeks later his cast was removed and he started physical therapy.
I want to end by saying, if he is reading this or not, "sorry, again" I admire your bravery and hope you are towards 100% recovery by now. To the one's reading, be careful with moves you are not certain about, and never forget that submission wrestling/Jiu-Jitsu techniques are really dangerous and can even be fatal or lead to serious injuries. Tap early, be safe.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to borin64 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-Jan-20, 19:59
Points: 26,283, Level: 70 Points: 26,283, Level: 70 Points: 26,283, Level: 70
Activity: 99.3% Activity: 99.3% Activity: 99.3%
Last Achievements

Thanked 3,335 Times in 1,828 Posts

Hey he figured out a way to get out of the hold.
Seriously though, it's really unfortunate you've had to think about something like that having happened. Happy to say I've been at this for more than 25 years and only have 1 broken rib to show for it. I had a bunch of sports injuries prior to starting with this stuff so I suppose that's what gave me a sense for when I've been put close to that point where my major joints/muscles are at risk.
A session is always supposed to be fun, even when I've done competitive sessions it never got to the point where I lost my head and did something that could've been dangerous for her or ended up causing a dumb result for myself per her reaction. If for whatever reason you want things to get more intense than that there are places where you can do that.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to boyofwinter For This Useful Post:
Old 05-Jan-20, 20:38
Points: 22,751, Level: 65 Points: 22,751, Level: 65 Points: 22,751, Level: 65
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,270 Times in 633 Posts

He must have been doing something terribly wrong, Anji is one of the safest wrestlers out there.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Royh For This Useful Post:
Old 05-Jan-20, 21:47
Moderator [D]
Points: 38,244, Level: 85 Points: 38,244, Level: 85 Points: 38,244, Level: 85
Activity: 99.2% Activity: 99.2% Activity: 99.2%
Last Achievements

Thanked 8,512 Times in 2,397 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royh [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
He must have been doing something terribly wrong, Anji is one of the safest wrestlers out there.
I never fought vs Anji but as i know how fights good BJJ fighters, they are save. BUT, nevertheless, i suggest to every sessionist to follow some month a BJJ class. Specialy who want's competitive...

Error is quickly done... I had problem in classes but never with sessiongirls, they have lesser testosteron an know that for booth they have to be save. And me i have to take care on them and don't try to use my weight because 300 pounds and more can be really dangereous.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ours01 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-Jan-20, 22:01
Session Wrestler
Points: 10,164, Level: 43 Points: 10,164, Level: 43 Points: 10,164, Level: 43
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 2,126 Times in 333 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royh [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Thank you Royh. Yes, the arm was immobilized by the hold, as you know I am very technical, but was not expecting for him to move his body in a way that his weight was basically against the arm therefore causing the injury, fortunately for me, I was in a good angle and with good technique or it could have been my arm as well.
Just a good remainder that even in a playful environment something can go awfully wrong, It reminds me of something that happened recently in L.A at a guy's BDSM room , someone died due to a "breath play" gone wrong...and the guy was a professional Dom. That is why I avoid "extreme sessions" where guys write to ask "I want you to destroy me and go as hard as you can" No...thank you ! I prefer the control/sensual play with the normal pain that comes from an intense workout.
Let's just hope we all understands the risks and try to minimize it but playing as safely as we can.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Anji For This Useful Post:
Old 06-Jan-20, 22:40
Points: 66,180, Level: 100 Points: 66,180, Level: 100 Points: 66,180, Level: 100
Last Achievements

Thanked 20,714 Times in 964 Posts

Your attitude tells a lot about your humanity and sense of care.
Even with your experience as a wrestler, it certainly was unexpected and frightening.

I also think that an error can happen quickly. Lacking body awareness in a situation is not linked to a lack of respect or a reckless behaviour.
I agree with ours01 about BJJ rolls when competitiveness takes the lead. Every move has to be made with purpose, or a least consciousness about what we are trying to achieve. Trying to power out a well-applied lock is more desperate than an escape attempt, and the risk of injury is then far higher.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maitsek For This Useful Post:
Old 06-Jan-20, 22:46
Points: 16,299, Level: 55 Points: 16,299, Level: 55 Points: 16,299, Level: 55
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 2,023 Times in 615 Posts

That is a tough situation to be in for a session wrestler. Luckily from what it sounds like, the guy was cool about it. You never know if you might get that guy with a stick up his ass who wants to file a lawsuit, or even worse, press charges. Im sure it wasn't really anybody's fault, but it would still be a headache to deal with.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Braddogg4345 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-Jan-20, 23:45
Banned
Points: 30,653, Level: 76 Points: 30,653, Level: 76 Points: 30,653, Level: 76
Activity: 81.5% Activity: 81.5% Activity: 81.5%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 7,764 Times in 963 Posts

It's a shame that it happened. But it shows that you had compassion about him, something that lacks in real life between people in a general. In a world that people just talk about empathy in social network, with just people that befits themselves, and with doesn't showing it in real life, you did different by doing this.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IgorWittmann For This Useful Post: