Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion > Can women really beat men?

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

View Poll Results: Who would win a submission grappling match?
Ffion Davies 46 71.88%
Cristiano Ronaldo 18 28.13%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Old 28-Feb-21, 08:26
Points: 2,290, Level: 19 Points: 2,290, Level: 19 Points: 2,290, Level: 19
Activity: 9.5% Activity: 9.5% Activity: 9.5%
Last Achievements

Default Re: Cristiano ronaldo vs Ffion Davies in grappling match

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elbow Escape [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Taking him down would be the hardest part indeed but still manageable, things like upper body throws would be out of question but chaining together leg takedown attempts, duck unders to the rear clinch (and then rear takedown) etc.... can work.
Haven't you ever seen someone much smaller and weaker taking down a bigger and stronger opponent, and without exhausting themselves in the process too?

However since it's a grappling match she would not even need to take him down.

She can pull guard and work from the bottom (or do stuff like pull guard directly into some open guard/single leg x guard sweep or into a leg lock), or Ronaldo could be the one to take her down and then well, same thing.

I can see Ronaldo able to power out from stuff and put Ffion on the defensive for the first few minutes, then slow down and get caught.
On the other hand I can't see him submit her.

A while ago I posted a video from the 90's where an hulking and athletic 300 lbs NFL player grappled with a low level 160 lbs male MMA fighter.
He was very hard to take down due to his huge size and strenght advantage combined with great speed and athleticism, but he was still submitted several times in a row pretty swiftlys, mainly with the tactics described above.

I can see a Ffion vs Ronaldo match playing out similar, altough with more of a struggle on Ffion's part but still tapping him in the end.

I perfectly know how hard it is since I did it dozens of time.
The problem with posts like this us that is that you assume athletes and fighters like Ronaldo and Tyson would lose to any female black belt just because they didn't do any grappling.

I know a few session wrestlers (black and brown belts) who lost in sessions to inexperienced or untrained men just due to the size and strength differences.
Old 28-Feb-21, 08:53
Points: 13,908, Level: 51 Points: 13,908, Level: 51 Points: 13,908, Level: 51
Activity: 45.2% Activity: 45.2% Activity: 45.2%
Last Achievements

Thanked 4,438 Times in 903 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeman20 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
The problem with posts like this us that is that you assume athletes and fighters like Ronaldo and Tyson would lose to any female black belt just because they didn't do any grappling.

I know a few session wrestlers (black and brown belts) who lost in sessions to inexperienced or untrained men just due to the size and strength differences.
The problem is that you assume a female BJJ world champion is the same as some session wrestlers, there is a truly ginormous difference between them.

Another problem is that you clearly read my post with an attention span below zero.
I stated just two post ago that I believe there are men with zero grappling training who would undoubtdely destroy Ffion to the point it would be delusional to think otherwise, and I specifically mentioned Tyson too, and here you are telling me for some reason "you believe that Ronaldo and Tyson would lose to any female black belt just because they don't train grappling"
Old 28-Feb-21, 11:56
Points: 2,290, Level: 19 Points: 2,290, Level: 19 Points: 2,290, Level: 19
Activity: 9.5% Activity: 9.5% Activity: 9.5%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elbow Escape [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
The problem is that you assume a female BJJ world champion is the same as some session wrestlers, there is a truly ginormous difference between them.

Another problem is that you clearly read my post with an attention span below zero.
I stated just two post ago that I believe there are men with zero grappling training who would undoubtdely destroy Ffion to the point it would be delusional to think otherwise, and I specifically mentioned Tyson too, and here you are telling me for some reason "you believe that Ronaldo and Tyson would lose to any female black belt just because they don't train grappling"
And you assume that a professional male athlete is the same as some jobbers or weaklings who appear in mixed wrestling videos.

Last edited by Freeman20; 28-Feb-21 at 20:17.
Old 28-Feb-21, 22:08
Points: 13,908, Level: 51 Points: 13,908, Level: 51 Points: 13,908, Level: 51
Activity: 45.2% Activity: 45.2% Activity: 45.2%
Last Achievements

Thanked 4,438 Times in 903 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeman20 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
And you assume that a professional male athlete is the same as some jobbers or weaklings who appear in mixed wrestling videos.
Except I don't?
As a matter of fact I don't even watch "professional" erotic mixed wrestling videos because I don't care about them.
If I say that Ronaldo may lose against an elite female BJJ competitor it doesn't mean I believe he is comparable to some random ass guy.

It seems you are not even replying to what I write, but instead to some made up argument you just assume I believe, because you have this stereotype that "if someone believe that a woman can beat a man who is not a completeley weakling it must mean they are some delusional guy whose only experience is watching fake videos", which is not true.

Session wrestlers result and performance are in fact very misleading because they spent most of their time training techniques and tacticts that are very arousing for people but not very efficient, instead of practicing technique and tactics more suited to defeat stronger people in a competitive setting but that are not "sexy" and "erotic" for clients and thus not desiderable.
They also need to be particularly careful to not injure their clients, you will never heard a session wrestler going for leg submissions and shit despite being the best bet against untrained but stronger and more athletic guys.

My opinion (that I'm perfectly open to the possibility of being wrong, that's why I find this kind of match-up interesting in the first pace) come from:

-First hand experience grappling with much bigger and stronger but less skilled or completey untrained guys, as a smaller man who trained BJJ in the past.

-Following as a spectator BJJ, where there are open weight tournaments with competitor of any size, and sometimes you see small guys like Marcelo Garcia or Lachlan Giles defeat huge athletic twice their size and more than twice their strenght who are elite level technical grappler and world champions in their own right.
(and also having watched plenty of MMA events who took place in the times where there were no weight classes)

Just for refence, this the low level professional MMA fighter vs NFL player match I mentioned before.
The NFL player is a lot bigger, a lot stronger and very athletic and explosive too, but since he don't know anything about grappling he get caught without much trouble.
The male fighter is much bigger and stronger than Ffion but not more skilled, and the NFL player is much bigger and stronger than Ronaldo.
I don't find delusional to believe that Ronaldo would get caught in a similar fashion by an elite female competitor, altough I believe that she would struggle significantly more and need more time than the fighter of this video.

And if a small 150 lbs Marcelo Garcia can catch and submit 250 lbs former UFC world heavyweight champion and BJJ black belt Ricco Rodriguez, I don't see why the much smaller and totally cluless Ronaldo should be immune to it:

Or Lachlan Giles trouncing heavyweight elite level grapplers with an innovative leg lock system:

If even elite level grapplers can be caught by surprise by someone much smaller and weaker, let alone someone who don't know anything like Ronaldo.
And no, he is not THAT much stronger to the point where he can just ignore whatever she is tryng to do like it doesn't exist.
The Following User Says Thank You to Elbow Escape For This Useful Post: