Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 27-Mar-16, 00:13
Points: 9,912, Level: 42 Points: 9,912, Level: 42 Points: 9,912, Level: 42
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Post Do you think girls with high grappling experience could beat you in a death match?

Recently I've been pondering something. I know that skill > strength in jujitsu to some degree, which is why smaller, more experienced women can beat men who weigh much more than them that have little to no experience. This got me thinking though, if I, who weighs 100-150 pounds more than the average female grappler, would lose in a death match with no weapons, to a female who has only high jujitsu/any grappling martial art experience and nothing else.(In this scenario, the woman doesn't have any experience in muay thai, karate, taekwondo, boxing, capoeira, MMA, or anything else that deals with punching/kicking. They only have high grappling skills[doesn't only have to be jujitsu. Could be judo, sambo, wrestling, etc.])

How much does grappling actually add in combat? Given that anything goes in a death match, you can throw punches around, slam the opponent to the ground if they were going for a guillotine, etc. I would imagine that even a black belt in jujitsu would lose to a somewhat athletic male who weighs a lot more than her, given that weight advantage would play heavily in the blow trading. I know that if the female gets your arm broken or gets your back, it's basically over. But how would it get to that point? I think she'd get knocked out before any real grappling happened. I honestly couldn't see myself losing to a female in a death match if they only had high grappling experience. I'd love to hear your thoughts on this topic, and see if I'm wrong here in how much grappling actually plays in a real, going for the kill fight.
Old 27-Mar-16, 03:05
Points: 17,771, Level: 58 Points: 17,771, Level: 58 Points: 17,771, Level: 58
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,052 Times in 710 Posts
Default Re: Do you think girls with high grappling experience could beat you in a death match

I'm fully confident Veve could kill me in under a minute if she wanted to. Not that the thought turns me on at all, just being honest after taking her on in a wrestling match.
Old 27-Mar-16, 07:09
Points: 12,856, Level: 49 Points: 12,856, Level: 49 Points: 12,856, Level: 49
Activity: 6.0% Activity: 6.0% Activity: 6.0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,425 Times in 1,106 Posts
Default Re: Do you think girls with high grappling experience could beat you in a death match

Quote:
Do you think girls with high grappling experience could beat you in a death match
I certainly hope so.
The Following User Says Thank You to LicensetoKill For This Useful Post:
Old 27-Mar-16, 09:33
Points: 13,641, Level: 50 Points: 13,641, Level: 50 Points: 13,641, Level: 50
Activity: 10.0% Activity: 10.0% Activity: 10.0%
Last Achievements

Sure, a woman who is an expert, will demolish a much bigger guy who doesn't know and even some that do. Mistakes happen and if she takes advantage.
Old 27-Mar-16, 15:47
Points: 5,367, Level: 31 Points: 5,367, Level: 31 Points: 5,367, Level: 31
Last Achievements

YES.... a strong girl can kill you. I doubt ppl are going to go into detail to get you off on this. Why are you trying to masquerade your fantasy as a SERIOUS question. It's like asking is water wet?
The Following User Says Thank You to play123 For This Useful Post:
Old 27-Mar-16, 15:53
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by play123 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
YES.... a strong girl can kill you. I doubt ppl are going to go into detail to get you off on this. Why are you trying to masquerade your fantasy as a SERIOUS question. It's like asking is water wet?
What are you talking about? This IS a serious question. Just because other people have fantasies on this forum doesn't mean people like me can't ask serious questions in relation to those what-if scenarios. I simply don't see any real value in grappling in a fight, and wanted to see if I'm wrong. So far people have said that I am, but have given no actual reason as to why I am, except "just because".
Old 27-Mar-16, 18:03
Points: 4,282, Level: 27 Points: 4,282, Level: 27 Points: 4,282, Level: 27
Activity: 4.9% Activity: 4.9% Activity: 4.9%
Last Achievements

Didn't you watch any mma at all?
Personally I've wrestled two women. Kathy Gifford and VeVe. And I'm positive both of them could kill guys much bigger than them in a no holds barred figth. It would take a very lucky punch from someone who's not a trained fighter to win against them.
Old 27-Mar-16, 18:13
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikegauger [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Didn't you watch any mma at all?
Personally I've wrestled two women. Kathy Gifford and VeVe. And I'm positive both of them could kill guys much bigger than them in a no holds barred figth. It would take a very lucky punch from someone who's not a trained fighter to win against them.
I don't agree with you. Explain why you think that they would win. Both of them weigh around 120 pounds. If they only have high grappling experience, how would they take down a man that weighs 180-250 pounds and survive on the ground against the constant punching? How would they avoid being slammed so easily to the ground since they're so light and then avoid the punches while in guard?
Old 27-Mar-16, 18:15
Points: 17,771, Level: 58 Points: 17,771, Level: 58 Points: 17,771, Level: 58
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,052 Times in 710 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by y4syspok [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I don't agree with you. Explain why you think that they would win. Both of them weigh around 120 pounds. If they only have high grappling experience, how would they take down a man that weighs 180-250 pounds and survive on the ground against the constant punching? How would they avoid being slammed so easily to the ground since they're so light and then avoid the punches while in guard?
Have you wrestled either one of them before? You would probably put your money on them as well after what they do to you.
The Following User Says Thank You to qwertyuio For This Useful Post:
Old 27-Mar-16, 18:34
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertyuio [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Have you wrestled either one of them before? You would probably put your money on them as well after what they do to you.
No, I've never wrestled anybody before. Their ability to wrestle has no relevance to this. This scenario already puts the female at high skill level in the grappling department. This topic isn't about wrestling. It's about a fight to the death. My question here is, how would they survive the standing fight, and then the ground fight if punching, kicking, tackling, slamming, and really anything was allowed? If the female has no experience in any hand to hand combat, I feel like weight advantage would win before any grappling started. A 120 pound female doesn't have the force it takes to knock someone out with a punch.(at least, not easily) A 200+ pound male does. Even if she's in guard, and the two are trading blows, I feel like the female would get knocked out before anything like a guillotine, armbar, or triangle was applied.

Last edited by y4syspok; 27-Mar-16 at 18:40.
The Following User Says Thank You to y4syspok For This Useful Post: