Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Women's MMA

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 10-Apr-20, 01:03
Points: 18,311, Level: 58 Points: 18,311, Level: 58 Points: 18,311, Level: 58
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 2,923 Times in 486 Posts
Default Re: UFC Back in Business from April 18th

Unfortunately they just cancelled it. It looks like they were getting too much heat for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mermao [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Is there any such thing as a real private island; i.e. one that is subject to no country's jurisdiction whatsoever?
No. If it was it would be ceeded by some neighboring country and troops would he sent to enforce that particular country's law.

For example this is what happened to the so-called "Republic of Minerva" when some rich American man created some artificial island in the Pacific and he wanted to have a fully "libertarian" state with no taxes or regulations. Well the neighboring Kingdom of Tonga simply sent troops and just occupied this island and claimed it for themselves. They enforced their laws.

[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

There was also an experimnent in Adriatic, some Italian built some platform in the international waters but Italian governemt sent law enforcement and they destroyed it.

I think the closest you have to a private "island" that is outside the law is "Principality of Sealand" which is basically an offshore platform near Britain built during WW2 and some people took it over and claim it as their state and still live there. But I think Britain could just claim it easily any time they want or enforce laws if they did anything illegal.

So as you can see, it's been tried and it doesn't really work.
Old 10-Apr-20, 05:15
Banned
Points: 1,842, Level: 17 Points: 1,842, Level: 17 Points: 1,842, Level: 17
Activity: 24.1% Activity: 24.1% Activity: 24.1%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminy [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Bad news, lads. UFC 249 has been cancelled.

Apparently as soon as White announced he had a venue and planned to go ahead with 249, a Dutch broadcaster immediately piped up and said they wouldn't be showing it (despite having paid for the rights and likely pocketed people's subscription/advertising money) as it's 'unethical' to show live sport during this time. The kids on Reddit were quick to start saying libtard this and cuck that but now it appears ESPN has a problem with broadcasting UFC as well during the lockdown.

Right now I'm thinking it's more likely fight island doesn't happen. The logistics are more complicated than White is saying and you've got a government and broadcaster pulling in the opposite direction.
Disney, who owns ESPN, also raised hell about it.

Eat shit, Dana.
Old 10-Apr-20, 06:57
Producer
Points: 27,496, Level: 72 Points: 27,496, Level: 72 Points: 27,496, Level: 72
Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,447 Times in 1,066 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backdoorman [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Disney, who owns ESPN, also raised hell about it.
I think that's where the primary pressure came from. I was about to run the question to the hardcore stay-at-home public: "Would you watch this sporting event taking place while almost the entire world is on lockdown?"

I guess we'll never know.
Old 10-Apr-20, 19:07
Points: 8,148, Level: 38 Points: 8,148, Level: 38 Points: 8,148, Level: 38
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminy [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Bad news, lads. UFC 249 has been cancelled.

Apparently as soon as White announced he had a venue and planned to go ahead with 249, a Dutch broadcaster immediately piped up and said they wouldn't be showing it (despite having paid for the rights and likely pocketed people's subscription/advertising money) as it's 'unethical' to show live sport during this time. The kids on Reddit were quick to start saying libtard this and cuck that but now it appears ESPN has a problem with broadcasting UFC as well during the lockdown.

Right now I'm thinking it's more likely fight island doesn't happen. The logistics are more complicated than White is saying and you've got a government and broadcaster pulling in the opposite direction.

Dana apparently set up the event without first asking ESPN and Disney if they were cool with it.

Odd to think of his broadcast partners as the rational minds in the room, but there you have it

Old 11-Apr-20, 02:09
Points: 10,043, Level: 43 Points: 10,043, Level: 43 Points: 10,043, Level: 43
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerCrushes [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I think that's where the primary pressure came from. I was about to run the question to the hardcore stay-at-home public: "Would you watch this sporting event taking place while almost the entire world is on lockdown?"

I guess we'll never know.
I would have watched it and paid for the PPV just to support keeping sports alive. I give Dana White credit for the best try he could make. Well, they've shut down the Olympics, football, basketball, all combat sports, kids playing, lone surfers riding the waves. Only the WWE survives and you can bet Vince McMahon will be next in the crosshairs of the corona virus empowered SJW's. My compliments to the flying below radar session girls (I'm not going to name them) who are keeping hope alive in these dark days.
Old 11-Apr-20, 18:09
Last Achievements

U.S. deaths reported on April 10: 2,074. Total deaths to date, U.S.: 18,849.

Total positive tests, U.S., as of April 10: 503,594: [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

If you have evidence that these numbers (via Johns Hopkins) are wrong, then I'd be curious to see it.

Last edited by ClckwrkOra; 11-Apr-20 at 18:18. Reason: Fixed typo
The Following User Says Thank You to ClckwrkOra For This Useful Post:
Old 11-Apr-20, 23:36
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Belarus has sports event running normally with crowds allowed and the virus isn't spreading, at least not more than anywhere else.

I recently watched some of their football games and I was satisfied with the product. There are 3 games tomorrow so you can watch that. At least some sport.

I don't know why UFC doesn't just go to Belarus and stage events there. They could do anything they wanted there. There is even potential for good local fighters there and ex-champ Arlovski is from Belarus. They also had a good HW boxer in the 90s.

This is what the president of Belarus thinks about the virus btw

I'm starting to think UFC didn't actually want to stage an event but wanted to force ESPN's hand so that they cancel it, to avoid ESPN potentially helding UFC responsible for not delivering events as it was promised.
Old 12-Apr-20, 02:20
Last Achievements

Number of coronavirus cases, Belarus, April 8: 1,066 (per health ministry).

Number on April 11: 2,226 (per WHO).

"If, like Italy, Belarus’ healthcare system is overwhelmed due to a shortage of essential equipment and hospital beds, the country’s doctors may find themselves forced to decide which patients live and die."

-- American Foreign Policy Council

Old 12-Apr-20, 04:36
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClckwrkOra [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
"If, like Italy, Belarus’ healthcare system is overwhelmed due to a shortage of essential equipment and hospital beds, the country’s doctors may find themselves forced to decide which patients live and die."

-- American Foreign Policy Council

Well this didn't happen. The number of newly infected is already in steep decline, it went from the peak of 495 to 245 yesterday. Your article is old and dated, back then numbers were still rising and the media was fear mongering, now they went silent.

Also it's funny calling Belarus strategy "risky" as if Western strategy of basically sabotaging economy for months isn't risky for society as well. There's likely going to be plenty of suicides because of economic depression that will follow and other health problems related to that.

So far it looks like Belarus approach was the right one, although I'm not saying every country should have copied it, but it was definitely the right approach for Belarus.

Last edited by Amazonia; 12-Apr-20 at 04:45.
The Following User Says Thank You to Amazonia For This Useful Post:
Old 12-Apr-20, 04:37
Producer
Points: 27,496, Level: 72 Points: 27,496, Level: 72 Points: 27,496, Level: 72
Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,447 Times in 1,066 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazonia [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Belarus has sports event running normally with crowds allowed and the virus isn't spreading, at least not more than anywhere else.

I recently watched some of their football games and I was satisfied with the product. There are 3 games tomorrow so you can watch that. At least some sport.

I don't know why UFC doesn't just go to Belarus and stage events there. They could do anything they wanted there. There is even potential for good local fighters there and ex-champ Arlovski is from Belarus. They also had a good HW boxer in the 90s.

This is what the president of Belarus thinks about the virus btw

I'm starting to think UFC didn't actually want to stage an event but wanted to force ESPN's hand so that they cancel it, to avoid ESPN potentially helding UFC responsible for not delivering events as it was promised.

Dana White definitely wanted the event. The opportunity to be the ONLY event in the sports world would have been a bonanza for him, because even people who had no intention of watching the show would have spent hundreds of hours on TV talking complaining about the UFC. If Khabib had agreed to come, this event would still be on, I bet, unless their ESPN contract has exclusions about using other broadcast partners.
The Following User Says Thank You to KillerCrushes For This Useful Post: