Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion > Can women really beat men?

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 24-Oct-16, 03:09
Points: 3,518, Level: 24 Points: 3,518, Level: 24 Points: 3,518, Level: 24
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Default Are guys obsessed with wrestling deluded?

I've read enough on this forum, and watched enough videos to realize how deluded a vast majority of guys are. Question is, do you guys let your obsession or fantasies get in the way of reality. 99% of the videos on the internet are NOT fully competitive and yet everyone seems to believe it. Only a small percentage (a very small percentage) of videos are somewhat competitive.

Only someone who has wrestled properly and perhaps against another guy would understand this. Because once you do so, you will realize how noncompetitive mixed wrestling is.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to wrestling47 For This Useful Post:
Old 24-Oct-16, 03:44
Points: 57,567, Level: 100 Points: 57,567, Level: 100 Points: 57,567, Level: 100
Activity: 88.1% Activity: 88.1% Activity: 88.1%
Last Achievements

Thanked 8,748 Times in 1,916 Posts
Default Re: Are guys obsessed with wrestling deluded?

It comes back to what freestyle fan has said before - what most people on this board call "wrestling" isn't wrestling.

In most cases it's erotic fumbling / femdom / masochism.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jiminy For This Useful Post:
Old 24-Oct-16, 04:51
G-Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestling47 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I've read enough on this forum, and watched enough videos to realize how deluded a vast majority of guys are. Question is, do you guys let your obsession or fantasies get in the way of reality. 99% of the videos on the internet are NOT fully competitive and yet everyone seems to believe it. Only a small percentage (a very small percentage) of videos are somewhat competitive.

Only someone who has wrestled properly and perhaps against another guy would understand this. Because once you do so, you will realize how noncompetitive mixed wrestling is.
Ummm seriously? You seem to already have your mind made up based upon your vast amount of research and statistical data. Where are you getting your information to base these rather absurd claims? I'm pretty sure that MOST guys understand that the majority of videos are NOT competitive, and NO, EVERYONE here is NOT deluded in believing it's competitive, maybe some, but not EVERYONE as you audaciously claim. Most people understand it's just a fun fantasy to indulge in. Are you sure you meant to join this group? I mean really, how many times does somebody have to ask this question? This is not why we are here. By the way Mr. Newsflash, there are plenty of men that know NOTHING about wrestling or martial arts, and have gotten their asses handed to them in a match against a skilled woman. Don't believe me, go to a Jiujitsu class or some other martial art class. It happens all the time. Wrestling videos are fetish videos...period. Most of us get it, we don't need reminders, we are not deluded. Maybe instead of watching scissorvixens or scissorfoxes you should tune into some real grappling matches on youtube? Just some food for thought.

Last edited by G-Force; 24-Oct-16 at 05:09.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 24-Oct-16, 04:55
Points: 26,283, Level: 70 Points: 26,283, Level: 70 Points: 26,283, Level: 70
Activity: 99.3% Activity: 99.3% Activity: 99.3%
Last Achievements

Thanked 3,334 Times in 1,828 Posts

There's wrestling and there's fighting, the 2 are different. Could I get out of most holds I find myself in in sessions by punching somewhere? yes. That holds no interest for me, so am I faking things? the answer is I consider the whole frame stupid.
Some guys do fantasy sessions, as a general rule I don't because I know I would know myself that it's not wrestling. I don't know that it's delusional, I expect guys who book sessions like that aren't fooling themselves about things at all really. Some guys will only ever consider as much as 10% of the wrestler list worth meeting, if that. I think the same holds for videos, saying a video is entertaining doesn't mean you think it looks how competitive wrestling is supposed to look, though of course the best videos manage both of these.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to boyofwinter For This Useful Post:
Old 24-Oct-16, 05:15
G-Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by boyofwinter [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
There's wrestling and there's fighting, the 2 are different. Could I get out of most holds I find myself in in sessions by punching somewhere? yes. That holds no interest for me, so am I faking things? the answer is I consider the whole frame stupid..
Lol..dear god, (face palm) umm, PUNCHING is not allowed in wrestling dude. The question you should be asking is Can you get out of the holds within the rules of the match? That's the point of semicompetive match.
Old 24-Oct-16, 05:22
Banned
Points: 16,177, Level: 55 Points: 16,177, Level: 55 Points: 16,177, Level: 55
Activity: 44.1% Activity: 44.1% Activity: 44.1%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminy [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
It comes back to what freestyle fan has said before - what most people on this board call "wrestling" isn't wrestling.

In most cases it's erotic fumbling / femdom / masochism.
You don`t wrestle with women Jimmy so I don`t get why you think you would know
Old 24-Oct-16, 05:34
Banned
Points: 16,177, Level: 55 Points: 16,177, Level: 55 Points: 16,177, Level: 55
Activity: 44.1% Activity: 44.1% Activity: 44.1%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestling47 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

Fetish films are designed to make money so it`s not that realistic to think they are fully competitive. Happens more often in private then some think in my opinion.

It`s a lot more practical for a producer to use a man who doesn`t want to win and who won`t try to win. To use a man who didn`t want to lose and was really going to fight would risk blowing the shoot. It`s a real shame because seeing someone like that lose would be excellent.

There used to be a lot of decent real life clips on u tube. Most are gone now sadly.
The Following User Says Thank You to bruce911187 For This Useful Post:
Old 24-Oct-16, 05:45
Points: 26,283, Level: 70 Points: 26,283, Level: 70 Points: 26,283, Level: 70
Activity: 99.3% Activity: 99.3% Activity: 99.3%
Last Achievements

Thanked 3,334 Times in 1,828 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Force [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
The question you should be asking is Can you get out of the holds within the rules of the match? That's the point of semicompetive match.
Yeah that part wasn't in reference to this thread specifically, just as far as it's 1 of many of a certain theme around here. It's wrong in that context but it could be switched with any number of things, intentionally putting a lighter opponent's head in a reckless position for example.
Old 24-Oct-16, 05:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Force [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Ummm seriously? You seem to already have your mind made up based upon your vast amount of research and statistical data. Where are you getting your information to base these rather absurd claims? I'm pretty sure that MOST guys understand that the majority of videos are NOT competitive, and NO, EVERYONE here is NOT deluded in believing it's competitive, maybe some, but not EVERYONE as you audaciously claim. Most people understand it's just a fun fantasy to indulge in. Are you sure you meant to join this group? I mean really, how many times does somebody have to ask this question? This is not why we are here. By the way Mr. Newsflash, there are plenty of men that know NOTHING about wrestling or martial arts, and have gotten their asses handed to them in a match against a skilled woman. Don't believe me, go to a Jiujitsu class or some other martial art class. It happens all the time. Wrestling videos are fetish videos...period. Most of us get it, we don't need reminders, we are not deluded. Maybe instead of watching scissorvixens or scissorfoxes you should tune into some real grappling matches on youtube? Just some food for thought.
I wasn't expecting people to get so upset, but you have completely missed the point, part in fact because I may not fully have explained myself.

The point I'm making, is that a lot NOT ALL people who are obsessed with being beaten by a female in wrestling allow that fantasy in their head to have them believe they have truly been beaten by a female. This could be by not giving 100%, falling over, falling into holds, or not attacking and when in inescapable holds being in awe about how they can't escape. Truth is, not many guys could escape a RNC from a petite girl if she applied it right. I know this because I did it in my early days. I convinced myself that I was being beaten, when in truth I could have matched her.

I have also taken about 5 or 6 classes and gone full out with other guys my own weight. I struggled, but I still managed to apply holds and put up an effort. After taking the classes I can clearly see the difference between a real match, and one that is a fantasy.

On this forum, there are countless conversations talking about how they see some videos on Grapplinggirls competitive. Liz Veyron is a good wrestler, but lets see how she goes when she gets a guy who comes with full intention to win. Its no surprize that no guy ever gets her in a hold, because its NOT competitive. The most comp videos with her involve a guy defending nearly the whole time. The same goes with alphacatz, MWZ and others. They have videos where they are 75% competitive, but the guy is mostly defensive and half strength on attack. The intensity is also lacking. This is clearly evident when you watch the same girl wrestle another girl, its about 500% more intense.

I wasn't talking about genuine classes, I was referring to the stuff you see on C4s or other mixed wrestling websites. There is nothing fully competitive at all, only partially competitive. And like I mentioned earlier, so many people think this stuff is the real deal.

Another note: If a girl gets a guy in a headscissor, nearly every time, the guy sits there and tries to pry her legs open with her hands. Its ridiculous, and its not going to happen, and they believe somehow the girl is so amazing.
Old 24-Oct-16, 06:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce911187 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Fetish films are designed to make money so it`s not that realistic to think they are fully competitive. Happens more often in private then some think in my opinion.

It`s a lot more practical for a producer to use a man who doesn`t want to win and who won`t try to win. To use a man who didn`t want to lose and was really going to fight would risk blowing the shoot. It`s a real shame because seeing someone like that lose would be excellent.

There used to be a lot of decent real life clips on u tube. Most are gone now sadly.
It would be really nice to see that, and the downside to using guys who don't want to win is that you never really see the full potential of the female.