Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 05-Jul-19, 19:20
misterguy

Default When the Boys Cry

When watching videos or reading about mixed wrestling matches, I love it when the beaten male cries, especially in a public setting like a high school. You can tell they've just been through a traumatic experience, from which their humiliation will leave an indelible mark on their psyche. It's most fun when the male enters the match overconfident thinking he will easily win because he's facing a girl. This article, titled "Making the Boys Cry" starts to accurately describe why this happens halfway down pg. 14. Anyone else get a thrill out of watching the humiliated boys cry?
Attached Files
File Type: pdf making the boys cry.pdf (281.0 KB, 993 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 05-Jul-19, 20:20
G-Force

Default Re: When the Boys Cry

Absolutely not and precisely why I'm against coed matches in schools. There is way too much pressure put on boys to compete with each other let alone to throw in the potential embarrassment and humiliation that losing to a girl imposes. There is NO winning either way. If you beat a girl, you're a bully. If you lose to a girl you're a wimp. Girl losing to a boy on the other hand equals no damage to psyche or humiliation. Now, maybe it can be argued that this is a societal norm that needs to change but nonetheless it isn't going change behaviors anytime soon just because you decide to let the girls join the boys team. At the same time, if a boy decides to participate in a sport where girls are allowed then I suppose he should understand those risks.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 05-Jul-19, 21:04
Producer
Points: 27,496, Level: 72 Points: 27,496, Level: 72 Points: 27,496, Level: 72
Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,448 Times in 1,066 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Force [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Absolutely not and precisely why I'm against coed matches in schools. There is way too much pressure put on boys to compete with each other let alone to throw in the potential embarrassment and humiliation that losing to a girl imposes. There is NO winning either way. If you beat a girl, you're a bully. If you lose to a girl you're a wimp. Girl losing to a boy on the other hand equals no damage to psyche or humiliation. Now, maybe it can be argued that this is a societal norm that needs to change but nonetheless it isn't going change behaviors anytime soon just because you decide to let the girls join the boys team. At the same time, if a boy decides to participate in a sport where girls are allowed then I suppose he should understand those risks.
What the fuck?

If you're raising boys that are that weak, you should probably not be in the business of raising boys.

The job of the athlete is to best the opponent in fair competition. I do not think a boxing match between a 245-lb man and a 7-year-old girl who weighs 70 lbs would be fair. But a pair of 125-lb high school grapplers, one male, one female, each with 3 years of training and experience? Sounds fair to me. If a girl makes the boys' team in basketball and earns a starting spot, same principle applies.

Yes, genetic males have advantages for certain tasks/skills that are borne of evolution. But if a genetic female has overcome evolution and possesses the same, why should she not be allowed to compete? Just on strength alone, a girl who is physically stronger than half the guys in school is going to be MUCH stronger than most of the girls. So you think it's "fair" that she be limited to competition where she is clearly superior?
Old 05-Jul-19, 21:16
Banned
Points: 30,653, Level: 76 Points: 30,653, Level: 76 Points: 30,653, Level: 76
Activity: 81.5% Activity: 81.5% Activity: 81.5%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 7,764 Times in 963 Posts

How much common are those mixed matches in wrestling in the U.S for example? And how common are the wins for the girls? Anyone have statistic? I don't think that it's a huge number or the majority, but would be cool to know it.
I think this alternately can happen sometimes in sports that the importance of good technique and skill levels exists in considerable levels making the physical strength, not the only factor in it. And I believe that's some good sense in it. The thing is different when it comes to sport that the physical implosion, strength is way more necessary like Football (Soccer, if you prefer calling like this), Basketball and such...
And in a reasonable amount of times that M v F duels happens, it's more because they can't find enough female opponents to face the girl than to establish mixed sex tournaments. Well, at least, is how I see that in BJJ and Grappling, doesn't know too much about the reality of HS Wrestling tho.

Last edited by IgorWittmann; 05-Jul-19 at 21:32.
The Following User Says Thank You to IgorWittmann For This Useful Post:
Old 06-Jul-19, 05:32
Points: 20,043, Level: 61 Points: 20,043, Level: 61 Points: 20,043, Level: 61
Activity: 23.8% Activity: 23.8% Activity: 23.8%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IgorWittmann [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
How much common are those mixed matches in wrestling in the U.S for example? And how common are the wins for the girls? Anyone have statistic? I don't think that it's a huge number or the majority, but would be cool to know it.
I think this alternately can happen sometimes in sports that the importance of good technique and skill levels exists in considerable levels making the physical strength, not the only factor in it. And I believe that's some good sense in it. The thing is different when it comes to sport that the physical implosion, strength is way more necessary like Football (Soccer, if you prefer calling like this), Basketball and such...
And in a reasonable amount of times that M v F duels happens, it's more because they can't find enough female opponents to face the girl than to establish mixed sex tournaments. Well, at least, is how I see that in BJJ and Grappling, doesn't know too much about the reality of HS Wrestling tho.

I’m familiar mainly with high school wrestling. There are no overall statistics. What can be said is that it’s not uncommon for a girl to do pretty well in competition with boys, to the point of winning league tournaments, say, and going on to the state meet with many more wins than losses. The girls are never the absolute best. They can’t beat the guys who, say, get college scholarships to wrestle. But some can beat the average, trained, experienced, serious wrestler.
Generally, girls have more success in the lower weights. The male and female bodies differ less at those weights than higher. And some of the boys at those weights in high school haven’t really hit puberty. Puberty does much more to improve the performance of boys than girls.
Generally the girls have less success against boys as they progress from pre-high school – where there is no male advantage at all -- to high school and beyond.
There was a case a few years ago of high-school boy who won his league championship one year, then lost it to a girl the next and quit wrestling. He ultimately returned and also dated the girl. I don’t know what happened to that relationship, but if they continued to wrestle competitively, the odds were that he’d become better than her.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cashley216 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-Jul-19, 14:48
Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100
Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1%
Last Achievements

Thanked 15,079 Times in 4,065 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashley216 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
There was a case a few years ago of high-school boy who won his league championship one year, then lost it to a girl the next and quit wrestling. He ultimately returned and also dated the girl. I don’t know what happened to that relationship, but if they continued to wrestle competitively, the odds were that he’d become better than her.
If you're talking about the story on ABC's 20/20 newsmagazine, I remember that, it was many years ago actually, maybe as long ago as the late 90's. On a side note, I think another issue will be taking center stage in the not too distant future:
[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Old 06-Jul-19, 16:18
Banned
Points: 30,653, Level: 76 Points: 30,653, Level: 76 Points: 30,653, Level: 76
Activity: 81.5% Activity: 81.5% Activity: 81.5%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 7,764 Times in 963 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashley216 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I’m familiar mainly with high school wrestling. There are no overall statistics. What can be said is that it’s not uncommon for a girl to do pretty well in competition with boys, to the point of winning league tournaments, say, and going on to the state meet with many more wins than losses. The girls are never the absolute best. They can’t beat the guys who, say, get college scholarships to wrestle. But some can beat the average, trained, experienced, serious wrestler.
Generally, girls have more success in the lower weights. The male and female bodies differ less at those weights than higher. And some of the boys at those weights in high school haven’t really hit puberty. Puberty does much more to improve the performance of boys than girls.
Generally the girls have less success against boys as they progress from pre-high school – where there is no male advantage at all -- to high school and beyond.
It seems fair to me, so a big part of these wins happens in the early ages of HS Wrestling? And you're saying that in the tournaments you had watched, the girls had more wins than losses?
I think the most common reactions for these guys that lose to girls, is to quit or feeling frustration for quite some days, specially losing being totally dominated.
Also, the difference on the physical strength levels begins to being higher from the past of puberty, might say... from 15-16 years until becoming older.
Old 08-Jul-19, 18:10
Points: 5,815, Level: 32 Points: 5,815, Level: 32 Points: 5,815, Level: 32
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Generally, girls have more success in the lower weights. The male and female bodies differ less at those weights than higher.
This makes sense because a 110 pound girl is usually of 'normal' size, while a 110 pound boy is generally of underdeveloped stature. At lower weights, factors such as skill & motivation are more likely to determine the winner, which is a good thing since he doesn't have the natural physiological advantage in upper body strength that guys have over girls.

Incidentally, I do have sympathy for a guy that loses a wrestling match to a woman, but I would attribute this more to 'social' factors than his feelings of personal worth. If he loses in front of a bunch of his buddies, he's likely to catch holy hell from them afterward which is why the pre-match pressure is so much greater on him.

Meanwhile, none of the girls' friends are going to shame her for losing to a guy. She'll get mucho credit just for having the nerve to get in there and try.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Penny Lane For This Useful Post:
Old 06-Jul-19, 04:01
G-Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerCrushes [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
What the fuck?

If you're raising boys that are that weak, you should probably not be in the business of raising boys.

The job of the athlete is to best the opponent in fair competition. I do not think a boxing match between a 245-lb man and a 7-year-old girl who weighs 70 lbs would be fair. But a pair of 125-lb high school grapplers, one male, one female, each with 3 years of training and experience? Sounds fair to me. If a girl makes the boys' team in basketball and earns a starting spot, same principle applies.

Yes, genetic males have advantages for certain tasks/skills that are borne of evolution. But if a genetic female has overcome evolution and possesses the same, why should she not be allowed to compete? Just on strength alone, a girl who is physically stronger than half the guys in school is going to be MUCH stronger than most of the girls. So you think it's "fair" that she be limited to competition where she is clearly superior?
Sooooo...I shouldn't be in the business of raising boys if they can't handle getting beaten by a girl? Ummmm, ok. Nice inflammatory opener btw. Most boys have fragile underdeveloped egos but I'm sure you can break them of that. Again, it's not "fair" if it's a no win situation. Also, who decides what's fair? If a girl earns a starting spot on the boys basketball team then she displaced some boy who didn't make it. So to be 'fair", maybe that same boy can try out for the girls team and displace one of the girls that would have made it otherwise? Perhaps it's been way too long since you were in school and you've forgotten how harsh kids can be. Kids have to LIVE at school. If some kids at school tauntingly post a facebook video of your son getting his ass kicked by a girl during a public sporting event I'm sure it's no problem right? I'm sure he'll understand since you've raised him to not be "weak". Also, I never said girls shouldn't be allowed to compete, but there is a reason why boys and girls have traditionally been separated and as far as I'm concerned those reasons still stand regardless of the new political climate. If this girl you say is superior in the girls league then let her be superior until a badder ass girl comes along or until she makes it to a bigger league, after-all that's what the boys have to do. How is it going to challenge the rest of the girls to "overcome evolution" if all their superior talent moves over to the boys team? Also, I'm only referring to kids in school sports, I'm not referring to side activities like a Judo club or BJJ school. I'm also not referring to what people do later in life for sport or various training as young or older adults. But, there again, most leagues are still divided by gender, weight, and age at the Pro level or Olympic level aren't they? But hey, you apparently insist that high schools should be the exception and break the rules because of some extraordinarily rare evolutionary instance of a school girl being able to best half the boys in her class.

Last edited by G-Force; 06-Jul-19 at 05:40.
Old 06-Jul-19, 05:12
Points: 10,356, Level: 43 Points: 10,356, Level: 43 Points: 10,356, Level: 43
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,226 Times in 425 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerCrushes [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
What the fuck?

Your last paragraph and most of the 3rd was well said, but your opening lines were horrible.

Your first line is embarrassing, but sadly for you it gets worse from there.

"If you are in the business of raising boys that are that weak, you should probably not be in the business of raising boys"...are you kidding me? I didn't know parents these days were running stud farms for raising boys? Apparently, I missed the memo somewhere in between crazy and totally insane. Furthermore, why do you consider a boy weak because he lost to a girl? Did you consider the fact that maybe she is stronger or more developed? I wonder what the women who work for you think about that attitude? I'd be careful if I were you because they might wind up working elsewhere.

Lastly, your example of a 245lb man boxing against a 7 year old girl at 70lbs is the most asinine thing that I have ever read.

Stick to producing and leave the public relations to someone else.
The Following User Says Thank You to cbpinfan For This Useful Post: