Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Pictures

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 28-Jun-19, 16:05
G-Force

Default Re: the vintage corner

Quote:
Originally Posted by verscont [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Oh look! It's that smug... I mean 'nice' billionaire Mr. Hart [1]. But what's he doing here? Well, I couldn't find a suitable place for this scene elsewhere, so I've declared the 1970s to be 'vintage' years. If that's a problem I won't do it again.

But what's he doing here in the screencaps that's so entertaining the audience? [2]. Is it his stand-up routine? [3]. At least he's brought the genuinely nice Jennifer with him [4]. It turns out they're both having a weekend break at the Cameltoe Health Spa [5]. And you'll hopefully see what he's been doing soon - if I can get this troublesome DVD to scan backwards and forwards without freezing.
One of my favorite vintage clips. Love the Judo flipping babes of yesteryear, especially dressed in such attire. That being said I have to respectfully disagree with you. I much prefer the vintage babes to their modern counterparts. Much more classy back then and feminine compared to today imo. And for the record I'm not that old, mid 40s. I grew up as a kid in the 80s watching reruns of classics from the 50s,60s, and 70s. Now the 80s are considered vintage. Anyhow, maybe the modern fighting female has more going on skill wise in the current MMA age, but I'll still take those classic ladies all day long. Only wish the film used back then could render as high quality as digital used today.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 28-Jun-19, 16:48
Points: 16,026, Level: 55 Points: 16,026, Level: 55 Points: 16,026, Level: 55
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,878 Times in 404 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesspin [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Who wouldn't want too see Stephanie Powers and Jill St. John wrestle!
I always thought that the show missed out on opportunities for SP to be more physical.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mxboxer For This Useful Post:
Old 29-Jun-19, 00:49
Points: 18,367, Level: 59 Points: 18,367, Level: 59 Points: 18,367, Level: 59
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements

Thanked 3,337 Times in 412 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxboxer [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I always thought that the show missed out on opportunities for SP to be more physical.
Yes, they missed it. A they did when she started in The Girl from UNCLE.

There were actually a couple of mixed fighting scenes on “It Takes a Thief.”

By far the best is “The Funeral is on Mundy” with the lovely Julie Newmar using karate and judo on Robert Wagner. See: [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] (The sequence of note is about 35 minutes in).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg thief301.jpg (115.1 KB, 176 views)
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to dadd90 For This Useful Post:
Old 29-Jun-19, 09:35
Points: 276,780, Level: 100 Points: 276,780, Level: 100 Points: 276,780, Level: 100
Activity: 99.5% Activity: 99.5% Activity: 99.5%
Last Achievements

Thanked 68,272 Times in 6,820 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Force [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
That being said I have to respectfully disagree with you. I much prefer the vintage babes to their modern counterparts. Much more classy back then and feminine compared to today imo. And for the record I'm not that old, mid 40s. I grew up as a kid in the 80s watching reruns of classics from the 50s,60s, and 70s. Now the 80s are considered vintage.
Sorry but (again respectfully) I don't follow - you disagree with me on what exactly? All I was saying is that this 'Vintage' thread is usually reserved for Black & White stills and GIFs from around the 1930s to 1960s. So I may have overstepped the mark by bringing in stuff from the late 1970s. I said nothing whatsoever about disliking vintage ladies. Quite the contrary, I wouldn't be posting stills from my old DVDs in this thread if I didn't like them myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesspin [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Who wouldn't want too see Stephanie Powers and Jill St. John wrestle!
Ahh - good spot! I hadn't realised that was Jill St. John with Stefanie. Maybe it's the short hairstyle that did it. But the eagle-eyed amongst you may also notice Stella Stevens at the back. She was knocking on a bit by this time, but I'm sure she had a screen tussle or two over her extensive career.

Added after 5 minutes:

Quote:
Originally Posted by del [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
there was an episode of It Takes a Thief also. And he was in Don't Just Stand There with the formidable Barbara Rhodes as well as a host of action films.
Would you believe I've ploughed through two-and-a-half of the three series of 'It Takes A Thief' hoping for some action and I've found absolutely nothing of interest. There was an early episode in which the secretary mumbled something about needing to leave early to attend her judo class. That piqued my interest but nothing followed. So when I can get my hands on Season 2.2 it had better be good!

I have that 'Don't Just Stand There' scene with the gorgeous statuesque beauty that is Barbara Rhodes. But I haven't brought my screenshots to the Forum because I figured it must already be here several times in video form.

Added after 5 minutes:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxboxer [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadd90 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Yes, they missed it. A they did when she started in The Girl from UNCLE.
Yes, I was going to mention that when I eventually get around to the main H2H contribution. There's plenty of talk around about Stefanie being proficient in self-defence (if not exactly a martial artist). And there are even publicity stills of her wearing a gi. But once the filming starts they always treat her like an expensive glass vase. It's difficult to believe they cast her as 'The Girl From U.N.C.L.E.' and then left all the physical stuff to her boring, blonde, British Boy-Friday.

Last edited by verscont; 29-Jun-19 at 09:35.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to verscont For This Useful Post:
Old 29-Jun-19, 09:52
Points: 4,632, Level: 28 Points: 4,632, Level: 28 Points: 4,632, Level: 28
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

If you're looking for FvM action in "It Takes a Thief", this is the very best episode. S2E24, entitled "38-23-36", which takes place at an international beauty contest with Al Mundy (Robert Wagner) pretending to be a photographer. The climactic moment comes at around 46 minutes, when Al goes into Miss Greece's room while she's sleeping, knowing it's she who is holding the microdot he seeks. But there's plenty of lead up to this climax about 10 minutes earlier.

Enjoy.

[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rha57ct For This Useful Post:
Old 29-Jun-19, 14:15
Points: 9,206, Level: 41 Points: 9,206, Level: 41 Points: 9,206, Level: 41
Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1%
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,302 Times in 97 Posts

Quote:
I agree, although she had a few brief scraps on Hart to Hart. she had one great fight on McCloud where she got whipped by Linda Evans whom SP and LE allegedly had a real fight when they were in Hollywood High together.
Old 29-Jun-19, 17:13
G-Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by verscont [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Sorry but (again respectfully) I don't follow - you disagree with me on what exactly? All I was saying is that this 'Vintage' thread is usually reserved for Black & White stills and GIFs from around the 1930s to 1960s. So I may have overstepped the mark by bringing in stuff from the late 1970s. I said nothing whatsoever about disliking vintage ladies. Quite the contrary, I wouldn't be posting stills from my old DVDs in this thread if I didn't like them myself.
I was just referring to this comment. No big deal. Maybe I misunderstood.

"I don't know if it's just me, but I rarely find the women of yesteryear as attractive as their modern day counterparts. It maybe the hairstyles, make-up and clothes that make them look so outdated, or possibly just the subconscious knowledge that they'd be old and wrinkly now even if still alive".
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 29-Jun-19, 19:19
Points: 13,001, Level: 49 Points: 13,001, Level: 49 Points: 13,001, Level: 49
Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,238 Times in 546 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Force [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I rarely find the women of yesteryear as attractive as their modern day counterparts. It maybe the hairstyles, make-up and clothes that make them look so outdated, or possibly just the subconscious knowledge that they'd be old and wrinkly now even if still alive".
I realize that Diana Rigg did not age well, as seen recently in Game Of Thrones, but that does not spoil my enjoyment of her fight scenes in The Avengers when she was much younger. Those are really sexy fight scenes.
Old 30-Jun-19, 09:20
Points: 276,780, Level: 100 Points: 276,780, Level: 100 Points: 276,780, Level: 100
Last Achievements

I'd better get moving before this thread runs off into the distance without me. Here we are in the same scene as the one at the top of the previous page; it's the Harts' weekend at The Cameltoe Health Spa.

1, 2, 3. Jonathan is the only male under 70 so he gets to play practice dummy for the self-defence lesson. Jealous Jennifer doesn't want him getting up-close and personal with any of the other underdressed females so she volunteers to be his 'victim'.
4, 5, 6. He sneaks up behind her ready to apply a choke, at which point she's supposed to try and throw him.
7, 8, 9. She fails because the big lump is too heavy, and he won't play along with the scenario in case the others see his wife getting the better of him. He arrogantly lets her know about it, and then emphasises the point by squeezing harder until he's sadistically hurting her. She lifts her arms. "No honey, you won't break this hold like that."

Added after 23 minutes:

10, 11, 12. But Jennifer isn't trying to break his hold like that; she's bringing her sharp elbow down into his flabby gut. He winces in pain. Jill St. John - being an experienced actress - also winces. But nobody told the extras with her what they were supposed to be watching at this point.
13, 14. As her bland but very rich husband sinks to the floor, Jennifer looks mortified. She's not bothered about his distress though; just that she failed to follow instructions.
15. But the young instructor won't hear of it - the art of self-defence is about being practical and resourceful, so incapacitating your attacker with an elbow strike is fine.
16, 17. "No, I couldn't possibly place my foot on him; he'd find that far too humiliating. I'll pose at his side though - how's this?"
18. Yes Jennifer, I suppose that's put paid to next month's 'Rodeo Drive Allowance'.
Attached Images
File Type: png Hart1.png (1.07 MB, 85 views)
File Type: png Hart2.png (834.6 KB, 43 views)
File Type: png Hart3.png (963.2 KB, 45 views)
File Type: png Hart4.png (822.4 KB, 26 views)
File Type: png Hart5.png (823.0 KB, 39 views)
File Type: png Hart6.png (823.0 KB, 36 views)
File Type: png Hart7.png (747.1 KB, 35 views)
File Type: png Hart8.png (920.3 KB, 27 views)
File Type: png Hart9.png (662.8 KB, 28 views)
File Type: png Hart10.png (701.4 KB, 30 views)
File Type: png Hart11.png (929.7 KB, 54 views)
File Type: png Hart12.png (909.8 KB, 59 views)
File Type: png Hart13.png (983.6 KB, 68 views)
File Type: png Hart14.png (857.7 KB, 89 views)
File Type: png Hart15.png (941.2 KB, 69 views)
File Type: png Hart16.png (885.6 KB, 72 views)
File Type: png Hart17.png (726.0 KB, 148 views)
File Type: png Hart18.png (696.8 KB, 58 views)

Last edited by verscont; 30-Jun-19 at 09:20.
Old 30-Jun-19, 12:33
Last Achievements

Quote:
I was just referring to this comment. No big deal. Maybe I misunderstood.

"I don't know if it's just me, but I rarely find the women of yesteryear as attractive as their modern day counterparts. It maybe the hairstyles, make-up and clothes that make them look so outdated, or possibly just the subconscious knowledge that they'd be old and wrinkly now even if still alive".
Fair enough, and 'no' - it wasn't your fault for misunderstanding. I was actually thinking of apologising more profusely than that. But, to be fair to myself, you did cite one of my quotes (Hart to Hart) when you were referring to a completely different comment I made on the previous page. Still, I do seem to have contradicted myself, and I need to wriggle out of it somehow!

When I wrote about the "women of yesteryear" I was thinking of the skinny flat-chested flappers and 'It Girls' of the 1920s-30s right through to the voluptuous femme fatales of the 1940s and 1950s. In other words, those who came and went long before my time. But the sight of Diana Rigg throwing men around when I was young - or the thought of Stefanie Powers doing the same - fills me with joy. So it's probably just a generational thing; maybe no different to why I missed The Beatles but have always loved Bowie.

Anyway, back on topic! As lovely as Stefanie may be, that single elbow isn't enough. We can't leave The Harts' Pilot Episode without seeing Mr Smug flying through the air - even if it is a stuntman. Enjoy!

BTW, here's the other gorgeous actress in this scene:

[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Attached Images
File Type: png Lina1.png (911.6 KB, 122 views)
File Type: png Lina2.png (683.6 KB, 88 views)
File Type: png Lina3.png (756.7 KB, 42 views)
File Type: png Lina4.png (702.6 KB, 64 views)
File Type: png Lina5.png (761.0 KB, 66 views)
File Type: png Lina6.png (862.1 KB, 128 views)
File Type: png Lina7.png (886.3 KB, 130 views)
File Type: png Lina8.png (780.2 KB, 18 views)
File Type: png Lina9.png (885.5 KB, 120 views)