Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 25-Sep-13, 01:53
Points: 9,069, Level: 41 Points: 9,069, Level: 41 Points: 9,069, Level: 41
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Default blood choke knockouts and safety

hey all, i'm fortunate enough to have a girlfriend that's into scissoring me, but something that worries both of us is the dangers of putting me unconscious, so i'm curious to hear the thoughts of others because i imagine some of you have gone through this already.

first some background. when i get knocked out, it's either in a straight headscissors or reverse headscissors. the first time it happened, it scared the shit outta her (and me! first time i'd experienced it, i was so confused about what happened, where i was, who i was). i was doing the typical convulsing, snorting, shaking, yadda, yadda, yadda. she was hesitant to go full strength again after that experience, but over time, we gradually worked back up and it happened again. and again, and so on. all in all, i've probably had 4-5 *bad* knockouts like that that involve convulsions/snorting. i've been on the edge a good number more times than that.

the most recent time, she caught me in a DEEP reverse headscissors. she was wearing those stretchy lululemon athletic/yoga pants (so HOT ) so that might have exacerbated things. anyway, she did "squeeze and release" once, then "squeeze and ..."...that's all i remember. she probably only had me in there for a good 5 seconds, but as you all know, it doesn't take very long for a properly-applied blood choke to send you snoozing. she tells me she did a second release, then squeezed a third time and didn't let go for a little. eventually she noticed i wasn't struggling anymore and let go, at which point i launched into the convulsions/snorting/confusion dance.

what's your all's take on this? she doesn't have any experience wrestling/grappling, so anytime she knocks me out like this it's purely by accident. i can take a lot of pressure and don't like to tap, which seems like a bad combo with someone that has the propensity to choke you out apparently somewhat easily. how significant are the risks of injury? she read online about kids choking each other out and about how there are occasional freak deaths, so that worries her a lot.

i want to both be safe as well as have fun, so what should we do?
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to SqueezedTooTight For This Useful Post:
Old 25-Sep-13, 13:58
Points: 16,821, Level: 56 Points: 16,821, Level: 56 Points: 16,821, Level: 56
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,626 Times in 947 Posts
Default Re: blood choke knockouts and safety

I know your position and have been in it

I think that since she is your gf, you need to come to agreement on some signs that she can recognize when you are about to go out

My wife has taken me to the edge several times, and in fact knocked me out once

But it can be dangerous

Usualy when I tap lightly, she keeps it up, but when I start to tap furiously, she knows its time to ease up
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to desertgoodguy For This Useful Post:
Old 25-Sep-13, 14:58
Points: 19,379, Level: 60 Points: 19,379, Level: 60 Points: 19,379, Level: 60
Activity: 14.3% Activity: 14.3% Activity: 14.3%
Last Achievements

Thanked 3,922 Times in 561 Posts

I've been scissored unconscious plenty of times over the years and woken up a little disoriented. I even had a girl knock me out about six times within an hour. I've never noticed any lasting effects from it. As long as the girl recognizes when you pass out and doesn't continue squeezing you shouldn't have a problem and as she gains more experience she will get better and better at it. Consider yourself very lucky to be a guy who enjoys it have a girl who enjoys doing it to you. I think being scissored unconscious by a girl's legs is the hottest thing going.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to 11blockhead62 For This Useful Post:
Old 25-Sep-13, 21:56
Banned
Points: 1,493, Level: 15 Points: 1,493, Level: 15 Points: 1,493, Level: 15
Last Achievements

It has long term effects, chokes like headscissors where oxygen is cut off can damage the brain in the long term. I suggest not to get KO`d as much as you`re doing, but that`s just me.
Old 25-Sep-13, 22:07
Last Achievements

I would agree abut not getting knocked out too much

Ask Joe Frazier the ex boxer about the cumulative effects
Old 25-Sep-13, 22:15
Banned
Points: 1,493, Level: 15 Points: 1,493, Level: 15 Points: 1,493, Level: 15
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgoodguy [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I would agree abut not getting knocked out too much

Ask Joe Frazier the ex boxer about the cumulative effects
Joe Frazier was a very, very tough and aggressive boxer. He took more punishment than most other boxers and kept on going. His damage comes from brutal punches, while headscissors are chokes.
Old 25-Sep-13, 22:21
Last Achievements

stil a llack of oxygen
Old 26-Sep-13, 18:15
Points: 3,537, Level: 24 Points: 3,537, Level: 24 Points: 3,537, Level: 24
Activity: 1.7% Activity: 1.7% Activity: 1.7%
Last Achievements

a lot of misinformation here and everywhere else. A KO from a blood choke in and of itself IS NOT DANGEROUS. Let me repeat, it IS NOT DANGEROUS. And there are NO LONG TERM EFFECTS. It is not the same thing as a KO from a blow to the head.

Here is what is actually happening with a blood choke. When the carotid artery is constricted the sensor in the carotid artery senses a reduction in blood flow. It is a safety mechanism that protects the parts of the brain that regulate life support systems from shutting down. The brain shuts down activity in the frontal lobe so that the life support systems int he brain can operate at full capacity. So when you go out it is not because your brain is being starved for oxygen it is because a safety mechanism has been triggered and the activity in the frontal lobe is being turned off.

Now all the convulsing and snorting etc. This is not a seizure or anything to worry about. Once the choke is released the same trigger in the carotid artery recognizes the return of the blood flow. This trips another safety mechanism. the rebooting of the frontal lobe so to speak. It triggers a surge of adrenalin which gets the heart pumping and speeds up the reboot. That is the euphoric rush you feel when coming out of a sleeper hold. The twitching and the disorientation is just the frontal lobe rebooting. It's random synapses firing off as a result of the frontal lobe getting kick started again.

There is no brain damage. A person would have to hold a choke for in excess of five minutes for real brain damage to occur.

The tangential risk of choke holds is damage to the wind pipe. So choke holds need to be done properly to really be considered safe. Damage to the windpipe is serious. If you feel painful pressure on your windpipe always tap. Otherwise don't worry and have fun.
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to yahooserious For This Useful Post:
Old 26-Sep-13, 19:15
Points: 40,949, Level: 88 Points: 40,949, Level: 88 Points: 40,949, Level: 88
Last Achievements

Thanked 14,374 Times in 1,314 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahooserious [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
a lot of misinformation here and everywhere else.
That is because everyone here thinks they are an expert. They can't separate fantasy from reality.
Old 27-Sep-13, 12:50
Points: 30,504, Level: 76 Points: 30,504, Level: 76 Points: 30,504, Level: 76
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 1,474 Times in 249 Posts

i have been choked out on regulary basis the last few years. and since i met my current it has been really often since she loves the feeling she gets when she puts me to sleep..

sometimes she does a "scissor marathon" on me where she squeezes for a long time. one time she put me to sleep seven times in a row between her thighs.. and i work fine. i have not not noticed any side effects. only thing is a little bit blue around the eyes
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to moc4a For This Useful Post: