Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 27-Jun-14, 17:27
Points: 7,330, Level: 36 Points: 7,330, Level: 36 Points: 7,330, Level: 36
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Default Re: The safety of smother KOs

I am no expert but as far as I know, the exact mechanism is unknown. A theory is that when the carotid arteries on both sides of the neck are compressed, the baroreceptors of the carotid arteries (baroreceptors are sensors in the carotid arteries that regulate blood pressure) trick the body to think that the blood pressure has increased. The baroreceptors send this signal to the brain/heart through the vagus nerve. This causes the blood vessels in the brain to widen to compensate for the “fake” increase in blood pressure. The blood pressure really has not increased though because the body was only “tricked” into this by compressing carotid arteries and in turn affecting baroreceptors in carotid arteries. So the widening of the blood vessels causes a dramatic decrease in blood pressure to the brain, which causes a knockout by blood choke. (this can be explained by fluid dynamics and Bernoulli's equation). The baroreceptors in the carotid arteries main job is to maintain the blood pressure at an equilibrium (not fluctuating).

Think of it this way if you have a garden hose and a larger fire hose and you have the water at a certain same pressure for both of them the garden hose will be moving the water faster because it is more compressed. The same reason why when you put your thumb half way over a garden hose the water squirts out faster. In arteries the same principle applies a dilation/widening of the blood vessels slows the bloodflow (lower bloodpressure).

The vagus nerve runs alongside of the common carotid artery basically from the brain to the heart. Therefore, during a bloodchoke it is very possible that the vagus nerve gets somewhat compressed/disturbed. As far as safety I cannot say for certain. I do think that people with heart conditions, diabetes, overweight, have high blood pressure, atherosclerosis, smoke, elderly people are much more at risk from blood chokes. As far as I can tell MMA fighters and martial artists that are put out with blood chokes seem to handle them well. Of course, these people probably have excellent cardiovascular health.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Peter07 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-Jul-14, 08:49
Points: 14,178, Level: 51 Points: 14,178, Level: 51 Points: 14,178, Level: 51
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Thank you again, I think that a picture is beginning to emerge. I'll try to put it in a short way :

- In the case of blood chokes, there is some safety mechanism that puts the brain on low-consumption mode before the hypoxia is severe. It means that there are risks only in the rare cases where the safety mechanism goes awry or there is collateral damage.

- In the case of chest/abdominal compression, there may sometimes be such a safety mechanism, it depends on whether there is pressure on the vagus nerve. One shouldn't count on it happening though. Plus it wouldn't be safe anyway as some bones/organs may very well be damaged when the muscles give up.

- In the case of an obstructed air entry, there is no safety mechanism. This may make sense in evolutionary terms since most deaths from suffocation must have come from drowning, in which case fainting would make absolutely no sense. In the absence of a safety mechanism, the victim stays conscious until the hypoxia is severe, which makes it unsafe to apply the hold for that long.

About accurate ?
Old 01-Jul-14, 16:37
Points: 4,774, Level: 29 Points: 4,774, Level: 29 Points: 4,774, Level: 29
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raoul Fulgurex [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Thank you again, I think that a picture is beginning to emerge. I'll try to put it in a short way :

- In the case of blood chokes, there is some safety mechanism that puts the brain on low-consumption mode before the hypoxia is severe. It means that there are risks only in the rare cases where the safety mechanism goes awry or there is collateral damage.

- In the case of chest/abdominal compression, there may sometimes be such a safety mechanism, it depends on whether there is pressure on the vagus nerve. One shouldn't count on it happening though. Plus it wouldn't be safe anyway as some bones/organs may very well be damaged when the muscles give up.

- In the case of an obstructed air entry, there is no safety mechanism. This may make sense in evolutionary terms since most deaths from suffocation must have come from drowning, in which case fainting would make absolutely no sense. In the absence of a safety mechanism, the victim stays conscious until the hypoxia is severe, which makes it unsafe to apply the hold for that long.

About accurate ?
Pretty damn good
Old 23-Aug-20, 00:03
Points: 5,075, Level: 30 Points: 5,075, Level: 30 Points: 5,075, Level: 30
Activity: 6.3% Activity: 6.3% Activity: 6.3%
Last Achievements

Default Smother safety question

Hey guys. Want some thoughts on this. Ive been wanting to push smothering during a session furthet than i have. Last session I had my hands tied and was smothered fron behind with hands and I coudlnt breath at all. It was amazing. She held about 15 seconds after I started panicking . it felt like forever but watching it back it was really quick. Is this sort of thing possible to ko? I've seen facesttting ko's but they are hard to tell if they are real.
The Following User Says Thank You to buffchicks59 For This Useful Post:
Old 23-Aug-20, 00:17
jayko

Default Re: Smother safety question

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffchicks59 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Hey guys. Want some thoughts on this. Ive been wanting to push smothering during a session furthet than i have. Last session I had my hands tied and was smothered fron behind with hands and I coudlnt breath at all. It was amazing. She held about 15 seconds after I started panicking . it felt like forever but watching it back it was really quick. Is this sort of thing possible to ko? I've seen facesttting ko's but they are hard to tell if they are real.
No expert but I would say it is possible for a KO but unlikely as you can move around with light gasps and most likely be okay although even if your panicking and taking light breaths it is possible to do a KO from just being overall light headed. I would worry about it too much a trained dominatrix or session girl should know well to not go over your threshold but I would go 15 sec after panicking too much. I can’t tell if facesitting KO’s are rea either bc they could just change takes in between camera views. I also think like facesitting delight videos, you may be able to move your chin down or your head to the side to get some air so some of the KOs you see from facesitting are prob fake.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 24-Aug-20, 20:52
Points: 5,075, Level: 30 Points: 5,075, Level: 30 Points: 5,075, Level: 30
Activity: 6.3% Activity: 6.3% Activity: 6.3%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffchicks59 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Moderator I didn't find my answer on this thread that's why i started a new one. Now that you tagged it to this existing one it wont get the answers it would. At least let it go on its own a few days before putting it with another thread.
Old 26-Aug-20, 00:33
Points: 26,283, Level: 70 Points: 26,283, Level: 70 Points: 26,283, Level: 70
Activity: 99.3% Activity: 99.3% Activity: 99.3%
Last Achievements

Thanked 3,334 Times in 1,828 Posts

Quote:
Is this sort of thing possible to ko? I've seen facesitting ko's but they are hard to tell if they are real.
Any smother including a facesit can lead to a KO if it's held properly and for long enough, that's why it's called a smother. It does take a long time so the important thing is that she has a way of checking on you so she can tell when you're done and of course so she can let you out a few seconds after you've been KO'd.
Old 26-Aug-20, 01:28
Points: 3,149, Level: 23 Points: 3,149, Level: 23 Points: 3,149, Level: 23
Activity: 14.6% Activity: 14.6% Activity: 14.6%
Last Achievements

Smother KO no matter if it is with hands, chest or whatever is similar to getting suffocated with a plastic bag.
If that sounds scary to you then perhaps do not apply for getting smothered unconscious.

Not very healthy and completely different than a stranglehold on the carotid arteries as that is in seconds and you will wake up as soon as blood flow is restored (the person letting go).