Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Old 13-Sep-16, 06:46
Points: 20,860, Level: 63 Points: 20,860, Level: 63 Points: 20,860, Level: 63
Activity: 4.9% Activity: 4.9% Activity: 4.9%
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,288 Times in 454 Posts
Default Bodybuilding bodies: how it it possible?

I just saw the latest female wrestler added to wb270: MP from Florida.

I seize the opportunity to ask a question I have long been wondering about.

How is it possible to develop such a physique? Especially for females? Just look at her biceps: [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

I'm sure some people here know the ins and outs of bodybuilding. I have trained with weights when I was in my twenties and I was just a hard gainer. May be not eating enough, may be doing a lot things not the best way...

Still, how is it possible for females (and males too) to develop such physique? Are steroids, hormones... and other injections and products the only way?
I have seen a few rare people claiming to be natural bodybuilders. Does it mean all the other ones are artificial bodybuilders?

Are those people not concerned with reducing their life expectancy? How will such a female look when she is 55 or older? How will she look the day she stop training...

Please see no derogatory criticism in my words, just plain interest to understand how it works. What it would take for someone to bulk even a third of that way, and the possible impacts on health.
Old 13-Sep-16, 08:08
Points: 45,647, Level: 93 Points: 45,647, Level: 93 Points: 45,647, Level: 93
Activity: 9.5% Activity: 9.5% Activity: 9.5%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,772 Times in 471 Posts
Default Re: Bodybuilding bodies: how it it possible?

My impression?

If an average girl exercises and trains like crazy, she gets a body like Ariel X, or VeVe Lane, or Ronda Rousey. That's a natural athlete.

There are exceptionally genetically gifted girls who, through exercise alone, can build a body like Julia Vins, who I believe is natural.

If a girl is as vascular as the picture you posted... she's taking steroids.
Old 13-Sep-16, 10:54
Points: 2,426, Level: 20 Points: 2,426, Level: 20 Points: 2,426, Level: 20
Activity: 7.4% Activity: 7.4% Activity: 7.4%
Last Achievements

I have been working out for 40 years. One word; drugs.
The Following User Says Thank You to marcopolio For This Useful Post:
Old 13-Sep-16, 12:22
Points: 26,392, Level: 71 Points: 26,392, Level: 71 Points: 26,392, Level: 71
Activity: 66.7% Activity: 66.7% Activity: 66.7%
Last Achievements

Thanked 3,351 Times in 1,835 Posts

She certainly takes/has taken something. Some are genetically inclined to add muscle and can do so through smart supplementing, full blown steroids might not be necessary. But clearly that much muscle for her isn't natural.
Old 13-Sep-16, 16:21
Points: 20,860, Level: 63 Points: 20,860, Level: 63 Points: 20,860, Level: 63
Activity: 4.9% Activity: 4.9% Activity: 4.9%
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,288 Times in 454 Posts

Ariel X and Veve already have extremely athletic bodies. I'm a guy and I am not even sure how I should train to reach their muscle bulk and definition. I have tried overeating (calories, proteins) and training like crazy for a year and I'm nowhere close to Ariel X and Veve's shredded bodies.

Are you sure they are taking no "supplements"?
Old 13-Sep-16, 16:34
Points: 6,378, Level: 34 Points: 6,378, Level: 34 Points: 6,378, Level: 34
Activity: 19.0% Activity: 19.0% Activity: 19.0%
Last Achievements

It is true that the people with extreme muscular bodies (male or female) often have used some kind of drug to help them. Of course there are some exceptions. You can see that a lot of FBB's have enlarged clits, and low voices. This is not caused by drinking their protein shakes too cold ;-)
But what most people seem to forget is that even when people use drugs, they still have to train very (and I mean VERY) hard. Most (not all) drugs help you to recover better and faster from extreme workouts. It's not like Popeye's spinach that when you take a pill or a shot, your body is extremely muscular in the next seconds. It takes a lot of training to reach that point. These people (even that one that use drugs) are extremely disciplined when it becomes to working ut, nutrition and more things like that.
Just my two cents.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mixer For This Useful Post:
Old 13-Sep-16, 16:47
Points: 6,378, Level: 34 Points: 6,378, Level: 34 Points: 6,378, Level: 34
Activity: 19.0% Activity: 19.0% Activity: 19.0%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by funwrestler [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Ariel X and Veve already have extremely athletic bodies. I'm a guy and I am not even sure how I should train to reach their muscle bulk and definition. I have tried overeating (calories, proteins) and training like crazy for a year and I'm nowhere close to Ariel X and Veve's shredded bodies.

I think Ariel and Veve have a lot of "functional muscle" that they got from JiuJitsu training. And I think they also do weight training. Veve has a very low fat content so her muscles are clearly visible.

If you really want visible muscles you have to train different than when you train for "just maintaining" your muscles and getting fit. For example:

When you do sets when you are trying to stay fit, you do for example 4 sets of 10, gradually heavier weights, but not so much weight that you are not able to finish you set.

When you want to build muscle, your sets will contain less repeats, heavier weight, and sometimes maxing out with regards to weight.

I know I will get punished by people who will tell you that how I tell it is too simple, but I only want to say that there are different ways, for different goals. Ask someone at your gym who is knowledgeable and tell him or her, what you goals are. Maybe that person can help you set up a training (and don'tforgeet that nutrition is also very important) schedule.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mixer For This Useful Post:
Old 13-Sep-16, 17:18
Points: 45,647, Level: 93 Points: 45,647, Level: 93 Points: 45,647, Level: 93
Activity: 9.5% Activity: 9.5% Activity: 9.5%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,772 Times in 471 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by funwrestler [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

I'm pretty sure. Especially with VeVe. It just seems totally incompatible with her personality. She seems way too smart and together for that; there's no sign of steroid aggression; there's no masculine traits emerging. I just don't imagine for a second she could be juicing.

In terms of how to reach their muscle bulk and definition, I guess I'd say:

1) Sometimes it takes more than a year
2) Overeating causes the opposite of muscle definition
3) Maybe they're more dedicated and consistent than you were
4) Maybe they're just more genetically gifted in that way than you are
Old 13-Sep-16, 17:44
Points: 26,392, Level: 71 Points: 26,392, Level: 71 Points: 26,392, Level: 71
Activity: 66.7% Activity: 66.7% Activity: 66.7%
Last Achievements

Thanked 3,351 Times in 1,835 Posts

Quote:

They might very well be taking supplements, without the quotes. Ariel is a purple belt (I believe) and VeVe brown. I'd guess that means each trains for at least 6 hours every week in addition to spending hours in the gym, which we know they both do. If you are active that much you are going to be fit, save for also having an aggressively unhealthy diet.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to boyofwinter For This Useful Post:
Old 13-Sep-16, 20:37
Points: 16,055, Level: 55 Points: 16,055, Level: 55 Points: 16,055, Level: 55
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,881 Times in 404 Posts

Same here. I've been training almost 50 years and have seen lots of women in the gym. A few, can naturally achieve a "fitness competitor" body, even fewer can achieve a physique body. I doubt any woman can naturally achieve a bodybuilder physique.
My aesthetic preferences encompass fitness to physique and definitely not the bodybuilder.

BTW, I've seen great results in women using DHEA which is sold in healthfood stores in the USA.

Fitness:
Physique:
BodyBuilder:

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolio [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I have been working out for 40 years. One word; drugs.