Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Old 14-Jan-14, 20:59
Points: 12,604, Level: 48 Points: 12,604, Level: 48 Points: 12,604, Level: 48
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Default What's your favourite/least favourite fight scene from a movie?

I haven't seen one of these threads, so thought it could be fun to ask:

What's your favourite/least favourite fight scene from a movie? Can be both mixed, woman vs woman or man vs man.

I don't mean favourite in the sense what we find sexy - then I think it's safe to say a mixed fight would win every time, but more in the sense of a fight scene that you were really pumped up about as you watched the movie, and then it happened and it was all you hoped for.

My top three (no particular order) would be:

Martin Riggs vs Wah Sing Ku - Lethal Weapon 4. Jet Li is built up as a formidable foe for our heroes, and the end fight doesn't disappoint. Just wish it was part of a better movie.

John McClane vs Karl - Die Hard. Classic fight from classic movie. Maybe the fight choreography isn't the most amazing you've ever seen, but boy do we root for the hero to win.

John McClane vs Colonel Stuart - Die Hard 2. One of the first movies I saw in the cinema, and still think it's a great, but short, fight. The wing of a 747 is a great setting for a fight, and executed beautifully.

Least favourite:

Gino Fellino vs Richie - Out For Justice. Totally mismatched and anti-climatic fight. The bad guy should be allowed to get at least one hit in, I think.
The Following User Says Thank You to Martin2020 For This Useful Post:
Old 15-Jan-14, 08:16
Points: 57,916, Level: 100 Points: 57,916, Level: 100 Points: 57,916, Level: 100
Activity: 97.6% Activity: 97.6% Activity: 97.6%
Last Achievements

Thanked 8,824 Times in 1,933 Posts
Default Re: What's your favourite/least favourite fight scene from a movie?

Favourite scene is a tie between Kurt Russel getting his ass kicked by the 3 women at the end of "Death Proof" and Elizabeth Berkley aggressively kicking ass in "Showgirls".

Best M/M fight would probably have to be Lee Vs. Norris in "Way of the Dragon".
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jiminy For This Useful Post:
Old 15-Jan-14, 17:14
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminy [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Favourite scene is a tie between Kurt Russel getting his ass kicked by the 3 women at the end of "Death Proof" and Elizabeth Berkley aggressively kicking ass in "Showgirls".

Best M/M fight would probably have to be Lee Vs. Norris in "Way of the Dragon".
That's good choices.

Since this is mixed fighting forum after all I feel I should ad that the final fight in "Long Kiss Goodnight" between Samantha Caine and the main bad guy is also really good. That's a very good film btw, with a strong female main character. Worth checking out.
Old 15-Jan-14, 17:48
Points: 10,566, Level: 44 Points: 10,566, Level: 44 Points: 10,566, Level: 44
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements

Xenia Onatopp crushing men to death with her thighs in Goldeneye. I was going through puberty at the time that I seen the movie. I believe somehow those scenes wired my brain to have a scissor and mixed wrestling fetish, that I still have.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to a1275a For This Useful Post:
Old 15-Jan-14, 22:12
Points: 6,544, Level: 34 Points: 6,544, Level: 34 Points: 6,544, Level: 34
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements

Lucy Liu in "Payback".
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to simplyred For This Useful Post:
Old 16-Jan-14, 13:49
Points: 17,815, Level: 58 Points: 17,815, Level: 58 Points: 17,815, Level: 58
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,056 Times in 711 Posts

Sonya vs Kano in Mortal Kombat

Rene Russo destroying 2-3 guys in Lethal Weapon 3

Pamela Anderson first fight in Barbed Wire were she does a victory pose on his balls

Boat fight on Tekken
Old 16-Jan-14, 17:00
Points: 4,005, Level: 26 Points: 4,005, Level: 26 Points: 4,005, Level: 26
Last Achievements

has to be Shannon tweed in Electra, her or the two female henchmen dressed in body stockings...bit choreographed badly but what a vision......
Old 16-Jan-14, 17:26
Points: 48,830, Level: 97 Points: 48,830, Level: 97 Points: 48,830, Level: 97
Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1%
Last Achievements

Thanked 8,584 Times in 540 Posts

As silly and corny as it was, the big screen version of "Charlie's Angels" (2000) contained one of the most amazing and exhilarating martial arts fights I've ever seen. About halfway into the film, the Angels engage their first enemy, "Creepy Thin Man" (played incredibly well by "George McFly" himself, Crispin Glover). This sequence plays out with almost no dialogue at all, but the action, pacing, and the perfect-for-this-scene song, Prodigy's "Smack My Bitch Up", tell the story far better then any dialogue could. The scene feels like a mini-movie unto itself, in that it has a beginning (initial chase), a middle (the actual back and forth conflict between the girls and Creepy Thin Man), and an ending (CTM realizes he's outmatched and abandons the fight and makes a run for it). All of this is what makes any action sequence effective: Telling a story with your body, and letting the actions relay the emotions for you instead of speaking.
I know this isn't the place where we're supposed to include videos, but if it's ok with the moderators, I'd like to at least offer a link to this bit of footage from "Charlie's Angels", and I apologize if I'm bending any rules. But if we're going to talk about "favorite fights", it's essential that for those of you who haven't seen this, or perhaps you have and simply don't recall it off hand, an easy reference to this cinematic showdown is made handy.

I'd love to hear your reactions to this particular choice.

Have a great day!

[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
The Following User Says Thank You to lakewoodmatt For This Useful Post:
Old 16-Jan-14, 20:03
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakewoodmatt [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
As silly and corny as it was, the big screen version of "Charlie's Angels" (2000) contained one of the most amazing and exhilarating martial arts fights I've ever seen. About halfway into the film, the Angels engage their first enemy, "Creepy Thin Man" (played incredibly well by "George McFly" himself, Crispin Glover). This sequence plays out with almost no dialogue at all, but the action, pacing, and the perfect-for-this-scene song, Prodigy's "Smack My Bitch Up", tell the story far better then any dialogue could. The scene feels like a mini-movie unto itself, in that it has a beginning (initial chase), a middle (the actual back and forth conflict between the girls and Creepy Thin Man), and an ending (CTM realizes he's outmatched and abandons the fight and makes a run for it). All of this is what makes any action sequence effective: Telling a story with your body, and letting the actions relay the emotions for you instead of speaking.
I know this isn't the place where we're supposed to include videos, but if it's ok with the moderators, I'd like to at least offer a link to this bit of footage from "Charlie's Angels", and I apologize if I'm bending any rules. But if we're going to talk about "favorite fights", it's essential that for those of you who haven't seen this, or perhaps you have and simply don't recall it off hand, an easy reference to this cinematic showdown is made handy.

I'd love to hear your reactions to this particular choice.

Have a great day!

[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Thanks for that I never actually been able to watch the whole movie, but I remember seeing part of that scene in the trailer, and that got me interested. But I never got around to actually watch the whole thing.
Old 16-Jan-14, 20:36
Points: 26,283, Level: 70 Points: 26,283, Level: 70 Points: 26,283, Level: 70
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,551 Times in 272 Posts

MvF - Sonya vs. Kano for sure.

MvM - Ip Man: Where Donnie Yen proceeds to butcher an entire squad of japanese black belts (I forgot which discipline they were, Karate I guess?)

Last edited by xhatenx; 16-Jan-14 at 20:42.
The Following User Says Thank You to xhatenx For This Useful Post: