Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion > Can women really beat men?

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 25-Feb-21, 11:38
Points: 2,240, Level: 19 Points: 2,240, Level: 19 Points: 2,240, Level: 19
Activity: 23.8% Activity: 23.8% Activity: 23.8%
Last Achievements

Default Re: How common and realistic is it for a woman to be stronger than a man?

This is not realistic at all.

As much as I love physical strong women, I have never met a single woman in my life that was physically stronger than me. I haven't even met a lady that even came close to my physical strength, not even those seemingly muscular gym-addicts that I see every single time I am at the gym. Those women always tend to look far stronger than they are. You look at their arms and you think that they should be able to beat at least untrained guys in a test of strength, but then they grab tiny weights, making you think: "Oh... wait... never mind!"

However, in terms of endurance, things might be a little bit different. Back at high school, there was an endurance test in which we had to run up and down a certain point until we couldn't do it any more. There were two girls at my class who actually ran up and down a little longer than I did. One of them was a fanatic sports girl, so it shouldn't have come as a surprise that she held out a bit longer than I did, but I still found it fascinating.

Also, I remember being overtaken while bicycling twice: first by a lady who was a professional cyclist who was probably training, the second time by a lady on a normal bicycle (but still with visible muscles in her thighs; she wore shorts). I never accept it when people overtake me when bicycling. When people do that, I will increase my speed, overtake them and then make sure that I bicycle hard enough for them to stay behind me. While I could manage the speed of both ladies, both of them still had a fast average pace, to which I compliment them for.

So, I think it's not very realistic to expect a woman to physically overpower a man, but it is possible for a woman to have a greater endurance than a man when it comes to running or bicycling. On average, however, even a woman's endurance is worse than a man's, so this is only possible when it concerns a well-trained lady versus a man who is not as physically active.
Old 25-Feb-21, 17:47
Points: 13,942, Level: 51 Points: 13,942, Level: 51 Points: 13,942, Level: 51
Activity: 40.5% Activity: 40.5% Activity: 40.5%
Last Achievements

Thanked 4,440 Times in 905 Posts
Default Re: How common and realistic is it for a woman to be stronger than a man?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bir Domuz [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

As much as I love physical strong women, I have never met a single woman in my life that was physically stronger than me. I haven't even met a lady that even came close to my physical strength, not even those seemingly muscular gym-addicts that I see every single time I am at the gym. Those women always tend to look far stronger than they are. You look at their arms and you think that they should be able to beat at least untrained guys in a test of strength, but then they grab tiny weights, making you think: "Oh... wait... never mind!"

However, in terms of endurance, things might be a little bit different. Back at high school, there was an endurance test in which we had to run up and down a certain point until we couldn't do it any more. There were two girls at my class who actually ran up and down a little longer than I did. One of them was a fanatic sports girl, so it shouldn't have come as a surprise that she held out a bit longer than I did, but I still found it fascinating.

Also, I remember being overtaken while bicycling twice: first by a lady who was a professional cyclist who was probably training, the second time by a lady on a normal bicycle (but still with visible muscles in her thighs; she wore shorts). I never accept it when people overtake me when bicycling. When people do that, I will increase my speed, overtake them and then make sure that I bicycle hard enough for them to stay behind me. While I could manage the speed of both ladies, both of them still had a fast average pace, to which I compliment them for.

So, I think it's not very realistic to expect a woman to physically overpower a man, but it is possible for a woman to have a greater endurance than a man when it comes to running or bicycling. On average, however, even a woman's endurance is worse than a man's, so this is only possible when it concerns a well-trained lady versus a man who is not as physically active.
We should not confuse rare/uncommon for unrealistic tough.
Just because you have never met a woman stronger than you it doesn't mean that some women can be stronger than some men, especially considering you seem to be a strong and athletic gym goer with a competitive mindset, which automatically put you considerably higher than most men.

It would be like a 6'2 guy saying that women can't be taller than men because he has never met a woman taller than him, when of course we all know that there are plenty of women taller than plenty of men, and we all also know that some extremely rare female outlier can be taller than the 6'2 guy too.

Quote:
Those women always tend to look far stronger than they are. You look at their arms and you think that they should be able to beat at least untrained guys in a test of strength, but then they grab tiny weights, making you think: "Oh... wait... never mind!"
Judging by charts like this it seems it's not that rare to find women that lift weights diligently who are stronger than a large percentage of men that doesn't, just compare intermediate, advanced and elite girls to novice men:
[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

Last edited by Elbow Escape; 25-Feb-21 at 20:01.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Elbow Escape For This Useful Post:
Old 27-Feb-21, 11:54
Last Achievements

You are right. I am a tall, physically active and competitive man, making myself stronger than most other men. Therefore, finding a lady that can physically compete with me is... possible, but very unlikely to happen.

Regarding height, I am 191 centimetres tall. I have never found a lady being taller than me, but I did once find a lady with the same height (also 191 centimetres tall) and a lady being almost as tall (187 centimetres tall). The 191 centimetre tall lady had an outstretched physique, while the 187 centimetre tall lady had solid shoulders, thick arms and solid thighs. She was also more physically active (with bicycling and loading & unloading lorries).

Thank you for the link. I can see that female expert weight lifters lift heavier weights than men who are just beginning to lift weights.
Old 07-Mar-21, 19:41
83john666
This message has been deleted by 83john666. Reason: silly
Old 02-Apr-21, 08:11
Points: 47,294, Level: 95 Points: 47,294, Level: 95 Points: 47,294, Level: 95
Activity: 9.5% Activity: 9.5% Activity: 9.5%
Last Achievements

Thanked 3,424 Times in 784 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bir Domuz [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
You are right. I am a tall, physically active and competitive man, making myself stronger than most other men. Therefore, finding a lady that can physically compete with me is... possible, but very unlikely to happen.

Regarding height, I am 191 centimetres tall. I have never found a lady being taller than me, but I did once find a lady with the same height (also 191 centimetres tall) and a lady being almost as tall (187 centimetres tall). The 191 centimetre tall lady had an outstretched physique, while the 187 centimetre tall lady had solid shoulders, thick arms and solid thighs. She was also more physically active (with bicycling and loading & unloading lorries).

Thank you for the link. I can see that female expert weight lifters lift heavier weights than men who are just beginning to lift weights.
If you don't mind...in lbs. how much can you bench, squat, deadlift? What other lifts do you do? I would bet I know a few women who can do more than you in some Olympic lifts.
Old 02-Apr-21, 13:33
Points: 57,597, Level: 100 Points: 57,597, Level: 100 Points: 57,597, Level: 100
Activity: 92.9% Activity: 92.9% Activity: 92.9%
Last Achievements

Thanked 8,751 Times in 1,917 Posts

Quote:

Some elite females lift heavier weights than men who also dedicate their lives to lifting weights and getting strong. "Hard, dedicated training" is still capped by a person's genetic potential. And simply being male is by no means a ticket to having a higher ceiling of genetic potential than all women. There are plenty of women bigger/stronger than plenty of men, even if it bucks averages. Walk into a busy city with a lot of people. Do you see every woman smaller and weaker than every man? No, what you really see is huge disparity.

Look earlier in the thread where I show the examples of guys who are studs in their own right - good enough to represent their nations at world class competitions, but still couldn't out-lift the gold medal winning female in their weight class.
The Following User Says Thank You to jiminy For This Useful Post:
Old 12-May-21, 18:40
Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100
Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1%
Last Achievements

Thanked 15,079 Times in 4,065 Posts

I keep hearing about declining testosterone & sperm counts lately, here's an article about it from 2017:

[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

Oct 2, 2017,11:23am EDT
You're Not The Man Your Father Was
Neil Howe

According to a recent report from JAMA, testosterone therapy among American men is on the rise. From 2010 to 2013, prescriptions more than doubled, which researchers partially attribute to ubiquitous drug marketing campaigns urging older men to boost “low T” levels. The swell of interest reflects a genuine physiological shift: Across the population, men today have less testosterone compared to men of the same age a generation ago. Asking why requires untangling a complex web of social, environmental, and behavioral factors that are dismantling age-old ideas about masculinity and triggering real anxiety over changing gender roles.

Studies show that men’s testosterone levels have been declining for decades. The most prominent, a 2007 study in the Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism, revealed a “substantial” drop in U.S. men’s testosterone levels since the 1980s, with average levels declining by about 1% per year. This means, for example, that a 60-year-old man in 2004 had testosterone levels 17% lower than those of a 60-year-old in 1987. Another study of Danish men produced similar findings, with double-digit declines among men born in the 1960s compared to those born in the 1920s.

The challenges to men’s health don’t end there. Rates of certain reproductive disorders (like testicular cancer) have risen over time, while multiple European studies have found that sperm counts are sinking. These trends coincide with a decline in musculoskeletal strength among young men: In a 2016 study, the average 20- to 34-year-old man could apply 98 pounds of force with a right-handed grip, down from 117 pounds by a man of the same age in 1985. Though grip strength isn’t necessarily a proxy for overall fitness, it’s a strong predictor of future mortality.

What’s behind all the downward trends? The answer is complicated. The decline in testosterone levels is almost certainly linked to higher rates of obesity (which suppresses testosterone) and may be linked to lower rates of smoking in men (since nicotine is a potent aromatase inhibitor). In the 2007 study, however, the age-matched declines persisted after controlling for these variables. Many observers put more weight on increased exposure to environmental toxins, such as pesticides, parabens, and chemicals common in household products like phthalates and bisphenol A.

Also playing a role are long-term shifts in the ways we work and live. Young men are far less likely to hold jobs in manual labor, so they don’t have to be as physically strong as previous generations. Meanwhile, certain forms of close relationships—such as marriage, fatherhood, and increased time spent with children—are causally linked to lower testosterone levels. Yet here again the evidence is muddled: On the one hand, Gen-X and Millennial men are marrying later and having fewer kids. On the other hand, young men today are more likely to live with other people—which may promote prosocial hormones like oxytocin that are natural antagonists to testosterone. And those who are fathers are spending more time with their children.

One reason why it’s so hard to pinpoint what’s driving the declines is the sheer number of factors that could be in play. To account for low testosterone, researchers have cited other lifestyle trends** as wide-ranging as increased temperatures in homes and offices, lack of exercise, and even tight underwear. It’s also difficult to establish the direction of causality. Has testosterone declined in response to a changed world, or has the world changed to accommodate less virile men? Or is it both? Take declines in strength, for example: While we know supplementing with extra testosterone by itself increases muscle mass, we also know that strenuous exercise by itself promotes natural testosterone production.

What’s happening to men physically dovetails with a broader story of social transformation. The economy is shifting away from jobs that favor men, like manufacturing, and toward sectors dominated by women. Young men have fallen behind women in educational attainment. They’re increasingly dropping out of the workforce and expressing less work centrality. The anxiety over the state of men mirrors a bigger debate over America’s national identity. Americans have traditionally seen themselves as a “pro-testosterone” nation: restless, striving, and rowdy. Yet in his new book The Complacent Class, Tyler Cowen argues that America is losing the dynamism, mobility, and enterprise that made it special. This anxiety may have even led the old-fashioned, overtly macho President Trump to victory.

The confusion over what masculinity means today is reflected in the conflicted feelings of males now coming of age. Most American Millennial men report feeling pressured to project a traditional image of manhood characterized by traits like toughness, self-reliance, and hypersexuality—but when asked if they wish to emulate these characteristics themselves, the majority don’t. A separate survey asked men to rate themselves on a scale of “completely masculine” to “completely feminine.” Only 30% of 18- to 29-year-olds chose “completely masculine.” That’s compared to 65% of men over 65.

All these social and cultural changes have also left Millennial women in uncharted waters. More face a dating pool where partners of equal education and status are harder to come by, leaving them waiting for men catch up or deciding to go it alone. “They aren’t men,” one young woman told Philadelphia Magazine flatly. “They’re boys.” It’s a sign of a long-term generational reversal: When Boomer women were coming of age, they wanted kinder, gentler men in touch with their feelings. Now Millennial women yearn for guys who can “man up” and take care of business.

Ultimately, it’s impossible to pigeonhole what’s happening to masculinity as wholly positive or negative. The strongest objections come from critics who believe men and women are naturally built for traditional roles—or from those who argue that toxic chemicals are wreaking havoc on men’s health. Those who believe traditional gender roles are dysfunctional, however, welcome moving past them. A less testosterone-laden world might be less aggressive and more emotionally expressive. If there’s one thing on which observers agree, it’s the need for solutions to support the men the 21st-century economy is leaving behind.
The Following User Says Thank You to stymie For This Useful Post:
Old 12-May-21, 21:34
Points: 2,218, Level: 19 Points: 2,218, Level: 19 Points: 2,218, Level: 19
Activity: 7.3% Activity: 7.3% Activity: 7.3%
Last Achievements

Last saturday my GF wrestled with 7 U17 soccer boys. Their team was at a camp where they were doing a lot of different challenges. In one of the challenges my GF and another woman were hired to mud wrestle with the boys in 3 minutes matches or first to two points either submission or holding down shoulders for 5 seconds. My GF and the other woman both do crossfit and have some wrestling experience in mud and as fetish.
My GF (77 kg) wrestled vs the 7 weakest boys and easily won all the fights 2-0. The other woman (84 kg) wrestled vs the 8 strongest boys and won 6 fights (4 times 2-0 and two times 1-0), one draw (1-1) and one lost (0-1).
Knowing they are only boys 16-17 years but still an example of women overpowering in mixed fights.
The Following User Says Thank You to bennys For This Useful Post:
Old 13-May-21, 07:40
Bevvie97

Quote:

I think it can be realistic, until we are talking about similar size opponents. And here we have a problem. I bring an example from judo, where, as of junior age on, there is 12-22 kg advantage on males’ side in weight groups (e.g. U70 female are considered as “middleweight”, the same category for males is U90). They are also tend to be taller (as in your case) with longer limbs, which is again an advantage in judo.
Even in case of equal size, skill level and experience, I admit we girls have less chance against guys. In my limited experience I clearly felt even the same sized guys somewhat stronger than us girls. But you should consider all the other success factors seriously when trying to anticipate the result of a fight. Not only the usually mentioned skill and experience but also flexibility (where we have an advantage), and speed, endurance (in which we may be equal more frequently than in pure strength), and last but not least mental capabilities (how much you tolerate pain, how quick-witted you are and so on).
Although I haven’t seen a competitive match like that, I believe there are adult middleweight women capable to overpower lighter (let’s say U66) men. Their chance increases with growing difference in skill and experience level, just try to imagine a world class black belt middleweight girl versus the same size blue-belt guy turning up twice a week in the nearest dojo. Why wouldn’t anyone anticipate a female superiority in such a sparring?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 15-May-21, 04:41
Banned
Points: 8,782, Level: 40 Points: 8,782, Level: 40 Points: 8,782, Level: 40
Activity: 19.0% Activity: 19.0% Activity: 19.0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,530 Times in 659 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminy [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
...Does it really matter that these little Chinese Shaolin Monks have dedicated their lives to practising arty-farty, floaty Kung Fu compared to 6ft, 175lbs powerhouse Belarussian Tennis player Aryna Sabalenka? Put them in a cage and she most likely steamrolls any of them 1-on-1 based on size, strength and athleticism alone.
I think that's wishful thinking tbh .. Too many mixed wrestling videos.

Shaolin monks are no lesser athletes than any childhood-trained Olympic-level gymnast .. And regular people don't have the body conditioning to take even light strikes to the shin, ribs, stomach .. Take martial arts out of it, and she's not winning on athleticism, by a long shot.

Everyone underestimates what being fight-trained means .. I used to train a lot of martial arts – now I'm about 6'1, 200lbs powerbuilder, train 6 days a week, and I know perfectly well I couldn't take a leg kick to the upper shin from a conditioned fighter, without keeling over in pain .. You can train your legs to become baseball bats, but tennis and bodybuilding doesn't do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennys [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Last saturday my GF wrestled with 7 U17 soccer boys. Their team was at a camp where they were doing a lot of different challenges. In one of the challenges my GF and another woman were hired to mud wrestle with the boys in 3 minutes matches or first to two points either submission or holding down shoulders for 5 seconds. My GF and the other woman both do crossfit and have some wrestling experience in mud and as fetish.
My GF (77 kg) wrestled vs the 7 weakest boys and easily won all the fights 2-0. The other woman (84 kg) wrestled vs the 8 strongest boys and won 6 fights (4 times 2-0 and two times 1-0), one draw (1-1) and one lost (0-1).
Knowing they are only boys 16-17 years but still an example of women overpowering in mixed fights.
I'll be honest – it sounds more like a fantasy than a real example .. How many guys know their girlfriend's current bodyweight? Let alone a random other woman

Added after 5 minutes:

Quote:

You'll only meet those kinds of women if you hang out places they'd be, like top powerlifting and strongman gyms .. Not because they're rare, but because those kind of women don't go anywhere else – they basically eat and train.

I don't know how athletic you are, but here's an all natural (drug tested) early-20s girl pulled 405 for 20 reps .. Any guy who can do that is certainly a decent athlete

Last edited by Ryan Futuristics; 15-May-21 at 04:41.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ryan Futuristics For This Useful Post:
Old 15-May-21, 14:08
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Futuristics [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I don't know how athletic you are, but here's an all natural (drug tested) early-20s girl pulled 405 for 20 reps .. Any guy who can do that is certainly a decent athlete
She is absolutely gorgeous! I would approach such a girl any time. ;-)
405 pounds is almost 184 kilogrammes. That seems like a lot to lift, but she only lifts it using her entire body to her thighs. I weigh 114 kilogrammes, and I call pull myself up using my arms. But, I don't know how that translates to this activity, specifically.

I honestly wouldn't know how well I would perform in this, since I have never trained this day. If this is more than I can lift, then she is truly impressive.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bir Domuz For This Useful Post:

Tags
asian, indian, latina, pakistani, white