Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Session Reviews

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 14-Mar-13, 11:24
orthogonality163

Default Nikki Fierce session review

I recently did my second session ever with the great Nikki Fierce. Nikki's quite the actress, so the Nikki you might might be very different from the one I did, but the one I met was fun, savvy, friendly, cute as a button, and strong.

Although I'm new to this scene, I gathered that Nikki is one of the better known session wrestlers around- I'd originally planned to do my first session with her, since I wasn't entirely sure what I was looking for, and Nikki, with all her experience, seemed like she'd be a great generalist and guide. However, by awesome luck, the top two session wrestlers I wanted to meet (Nikki and Safa Warda) were traveling to my area one day apart, and the the session wrestling gods scheduled Nikki second. I assume that they did this so that I'd already be sore and bruised by the time I met Nikki, giving her free rein to spend half an hour at a time systematically going through each page of her encyclopedia of wrestling holds.

Seriously. I went into the session thinking that I was mainly interested in semi-competitive grappling. That lasted for about two falls. By that point, I was already having so much fun being twisted into a pretzel that I just sat back and enjoyed the show, so to speak. Nikki and I would careen from corner to corner of our makeshift wrestling mat while she evidently tried to prove theorems about 7 dimensional geometry with our limbs. A few times, I would rouse myself to seriously resist, the only effect of which was that I occasionally got to choose the corner of the mat from which she'd entangle and crush me.

Throughout, Nikki and I kept up a patter of friendly conversation, mostly about what she was doing to me at that moment. Or at least, she tried to- it was generally difficult for me to speak the entire time. Or even to listen- several times, Nikki kept chattering away as her (awesome) thighs cut off my hearing and circulation in some variety of headscissor, leading me to mumble that I had no idea what she was saying. At which point, she'd loosen up, apologize, repeat herself, and then make me near black out again.

Speaking of blacking out- that was probably my favorite part of the session. I'd wimped out from getting KOed in my first session, and my top goal for my session with Nikki was to correct that. I mentioned this while trapped in a headscissor, and after verifying that I didn't have any relevant medical conditions, Nikki happily agreed, but informed me that she wasn't going to tell me when she would do it. So even though it shouldn't have been, it was honestly a big surprise when, 10 minutes later, she held me in what I thought was a rather innocuous and weakly applied chokehold from behind, then started getting dizzy and sleepy, and then I suddenly woke up mid-snore (I sheepishly apologized, but Nikki said everybody snores). As I told her afterwards, that whole experience felt less like a wrestling move than some kind of Jedi mind trick. I'm not sure whether all sleeper holds are that subtle, or just the expertly applied ones, but it was a rush.

About halfway through, Nikki and I tried some boxing, which didn't last long, as boxing took a lot more out of both of us than wrestling. But Nikki clocked me with a few nasty hits to the nose, and gamely ate several tough punches to her belly in return. Though her body is solid wiry muscle (her crushing my face with her flexed triceps was one of the most surprising moments of the night), she's tiny, and won't be taking down any heavyweights any time soon. But she makes boxing gloves and pigtails look great, and was bold and spunky the whole time.

I also would be remiss for not mentioning Nikki's scissors, which must take up several volumes of her wrestling moves encyclopedia. It's pretty obvious that she's done a million of them, since she gradually works up from gentle to skull crushing in a sort of oscillating pattern that, if graphed, would probably look like one of those global warming temperature charts. I kept tapping before she could KO me, but there's no question that she could have. But, stylistically, her scissors aren't about raw power- they're more flirtatious and sensual- more like something you'd expect from an actress, with slow pulsing and fast pulsing, symmetric and asymmetric pulsing, and arms and knees and stomachs mixed in for variety when needed. I think that if you challenged Nikki to tell a story with one of her scissors, you'd crawl away with a Hollywood quality plot, even if it wasn't necessarily the same as hers.

I do want to take a moment to mention who Nikki Fierce might not be a good match for. If you're the kind of session fan who likes to win, or go fully competitive, you and Nikki might not click. Similarly, folk who want boxing or martial-arts-heavy sessions probably may want to look for someone bigger (though Nikki very much is able and willing to throw and take punches). Nikki is also a strong, confident and technical grappler, but not a rough one (at least, she wasn't in our session, though who knows what she'll be like next time).

I think that Nikki is a particularly good choice for new or shy session wrestling fans- she's a pro tour guide, and if you give her a general sense of what you're looking for, she knows how to take you to all the major attractions, narrating along the way, while you basically just sit back and enjoy the ride. Not that I think all, or even most of her sessions are probably like that- ours just ended up taking a light, low-key vibe early on (if you can call two hours of getting choked, stretched, pummeled, pinned and KOed low key).

All in all, my session with Nikki Fierce wasn't what I'd planned for going in, but was lots of fun nonetheless. Which I think is probably a typical experience with her.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:

Tags
chokeout, headscissor, knockouts, nikki fierce, review, session