Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Community > The Forum

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 31-Mar-23, 09:55
Points: 3,242, Level: 23 Points: 3,242, Level: 23 Points: 3,242, Level: 23
Activity: 4.2% Activity: 4.2% Activity: 4.2%
Last Achievements

Default Request for mobile friendly version of the site

I don't know if it's possible to do with your current website software or how easy it would be for your IT person to code something up, but it would be nice to have the site be more readily usable on mobile.

Reading posts (or writing them like I'm doing now) isn't handled smoothly when accessing the site through a mobile browser. You often have to scroll left left/right to see where the next word of what you are reading/writing.

With something more optimized for mobile, the margins would get modified automatically to make things easier to read/navigate on a slimmer device. I'm not a web developer, but when I know there are web development frameworks that allow for automatically changing how a site displays on-the-fly based on the size of the browser window.

I'm not making a demand; just saying that it would be a nice thing to offer or transition to.

Thanks
Old 01-Apr-23, 06:58
Points: 7,346, Level: 36 Points: 7,346, Level: 36 Points: 7,346, Level: 36
Activity: 33.3% Activity: 33.3% Activity: 33.3%
Last Achievements

Default Re: Request for mobile friendly version of the site

I rarely go on here on my phone, but when I do it appears to be formatted properly. You might want to just double check that your browser doesn't have the site set to desktop mode.
Old 02-Apr-23, 06:18
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyIncognito [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I rarely go on here on my phone, but when I do it appears to be formatted properly. You might want to just double check that your browser doesn't have the site set to desktop mode.
I was using it with desktop site toggled off in the browser. When I toggle it to "on", the site rendering looks the same. This is in chrome version 111 on Android.
Old 03-Apr-23, 17:25
Points: 7,346, Level: 36 Points: 7,346, Level: 36 Points: 7,346, Level: 36
Activity: 33.3% Activity: 33.3% Activity: 33.3%
Last Achievements

Hmm, it looks better on android if I use Brave or Firefox than Chrome, but at least for reading they all seemed properly formatted. Writing posts isn't as clean, but I've found very few forums are great for writing posts on mobile. If I resized the window slightly it fit the text box in the screen better and you don't have any screen wrap issues.
Old 04-Apr-23, 09:58
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyIncognito [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Hmm, it looks better on android if I use Brave or Firefox than Chrome, but at least for reading they all seemed properly formatted. Writing posts isn't as clean, but I've found very few forums are great for writing posts on mobile. If I resized the window slightly it fit the text box in the screen better and you don't have any screen wrap issues.
Thanks for the suggestion.

It's much easier to read/post on Brave in Android than with chrome. It's rendered much more compactly that helps a lot.

It's not perfect, but it's much better.