Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion > Can women really beat men?

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 19-Sep-22, 17:32
Points: 57,594, Level: 100 Points: 57,594, Level: 100 Points: 57,594, Level: 100
Activity: 92.9% Activity: 92.9% Activity: 92.9%
Last Achievements

Thanked 8,751 Times in 1,917 Posts
Default Re: Scientific study finds average man punches 162% harder than woman (even athletes)

Quote:
Originally Posted by john16 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I had about 10 months of boxing training back in 2019.
I't s about weight, your dad is correct. A super-fatso with no technique punching a much lighter guy throwing an almost decent punch in the right spot would instant knock him out . That's because boxing has weight classes. At some point, you can't go too up. You would beat nobody.
Boxing has weight divisions because it's only about technique and weight.
"Decent" punch is really the operative word.

In my experience and observations, obesity is much more of a hinderance than a help in boxing.

How much do you estimate is the height and weight difference between the girl/guy here? It appears pretty significant.

[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

The bigger male even throws the first punch, is heard to say multiple times that he has no qualms about hitting a girl, but his punch only angers her. She gets the better of the scuffle and wants to finish it outside whereas he is silent and seemingly looking to cower away after realising he is outmatched.

People get far too het up on size/weight.
Old 21-Sep-22, 11:48
Points: 11,858, Level: 47 Points: 11,858, Level: 47 Points: 11,858, Level: 47
Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1%
Last Achievements

Default Re: Scientific study finds average man punches 162% harder than woman (even athletes)

Weight and muscle strength are important, but even more important are the punch mechanics, weight transfer, placement of the punch, precision or timing.

That's why some smaller dudes or female can have a good enough punch to knock someone out who is even bigger than them with a single punch, if they are a bit lucky.

Most times these people have some mix of training/experience and talent ("born puncher")

Given that, a man who is much heavier and stronger and has the same qualities/training punches much stronger. That's one of the reasons why who have weight classes in boxing and such.
Old 22-Sep-22, 18:25
Points: 5,546, Level: 31 Points: 5,546, Level: 31 Points: 5,546, Level: 31
Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminy [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
"Decent" punch is really the operative word.

In my experience and observations, obesity is much more of a hinderance than a help in boxing.

How much do you estimate is the height and weight difference between the girl/guy here? It appears pretty significant.

[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

The bigger male even throws the first punch, is heard to say multiple times that he has no qualms about hitting a girl, but his punch only angers her. She gets the better of the scuffle and wants to finish it outside whereas he is silent and seemingly looking to cower away after realising he is outmatched.

People get far too het up on size/weight.

I agree it's an hinderance but I'm just saying that a punch coming from a fat guy can knock you out like the one thrown by a toned guy.
Look Andy Ruiz. The guy is obviously a professional, an extremely good boxer and probably trains from his teens,I'm not saying a fat guy would win a fight (usually the opposite) but trust me a punch coming from someone that weights much more than you hurts.
Even a lazy punch can stumble you enough to make you quit the fight.
When Ruiz fought against Joshua was in the same weight and if you look when Joshua accepted the slug suffered terribly from every punch. The brain won't notice much a difference if you get punch correctly by an obese guy and there's a relevant weight difference. It can shut down quite easily.
Or Butterbean.

Regarding the scrap she clearly stood herself and won. Don't know if it was voluntary but made the punch bounce on her shoulder. A punch connecting like that doesn't hurt much, she eat it like nothing because it is actually nothing. It makes it lose all its force and probably feels like a slap. The guy despite having all the advantages was slow and clumsy, she saw it coming from a mile.
Old 22-Sep-22, 18:36
Points: 4,683, Level: 28 Points: 4,683, Level: 28 Points: 4,683, Level: 28
Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8%

Quote:
Originally Posted by john16 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I agree it's an hinderance but I'm just saying that a punch coming from a fat guy can knock you out like the one thrown by a toned guy.
Look Andy Ruiz. The guy is obviously a professional, an extremely good boxer and probably trains from his teens,I'm not saying a fat guy would win a fight (usually the opposite) but trust me a punch coming from someone that weights much more than you hurts.
When Ruiz fought against Joshua was in the same weight and if you look when Joshua accepted the slug suffered terribly from every punch. The brain won't notice much a difference if you get punch correctly by an obese guy and there's a relevant weight difference. It can shut down quite easily.
Or Butterbean.

Regarding the scrap she clearly stood herself and won. Don't know if it was voluntary but made the punch bounce on her shoulder. A punch connecting like that doesn't hurt much, she eat it like nothing because it is actually nothing. It makes it lose all its force and probably feels like a slap. The guy despite having all the advantages was slow and clumsy, she saw it coming from a mile.
Andy Ruiz has ridiculously fast hands for his size. Its quite strange.
Old 23-Sep-22, 16:07
Points: 57,594, Level: 100 Points: 57,594, Level: 100 Points: 57,594, Level: 100
Activity: 92.9% Activity: 92.9% Activity: 92.9%
Last Achievements

Thanked 8,751 Times in 1,917 Posts

Quote:
Or Butterbean.

Yes I agree completely. In that respect it is a case of physics. E=MC2. A bigger object with more mass will produce more force/energy than a smaller object, providing speed is equal/similar.

I have talked about this before. Gabi Garcia almost knocked out Seini Draughn with what was basically a "bitch slap"

She's just throwing around so much weight and muscle that if anything connects, it's going to do damage. ...And Draughn is a big, robustly built 5'11, near 200lb woman in her own right. If that landed on a little straw weight like Rose Namajunas, or a little 5'5 skinny man, it almost certainly would have turned their lights out.

It's important to note the difference between a legitimately big person, though, and an out of shape obese person that would otherwise be 140-160lbs if they were in shape.

We can't just talk about Andy Ruiz, Butterbean, etc and conclude "fat guys can fight" based on their exploits ... These men are Bloatlords. Lots of fat, lots of muscle and lots of gym time. You can't be a Bloatlord unless you go to the gym. We can't just pull up a fat couch potato and bestow Ruiz's fighting ability onto them because they tip the scales similar.

*I know you realise this and are on the level... But there are plenty of cats here that like to think an unathletic, pear shaped, beanbag man can beat someone much fitter, faster and more athletic just because they're heavier (fatter) "weight classes for a reason" ... In most cases obesity and lack of fitness will be a hinderance.

The easiest guy I ever beat on the mat outweighed me by 100lbs but he was just too slow and cumbersome and ultimately quit due to exhaustion.
The Following User Says Thank You to jiminy For This Useful Post:
Old 24-Sep-22, 19:42
Points: 3,523, Level: 24 Points: 3,523, Level: 24 Points: 3,523, Level: 24
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminy [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Yes I agree completely. In that respect it is a case of physics. E=MC2. A bigger object with more mass will produce more force/energy than a smaller object, providing speed is equal/similar.

I have talked about this before. Gabi Garcia almost knocked out Seini Draughn with what was basically a "bitch slap"

She's just throwing around so much weight and muscle that if anything connects, it's going to do damage. ...And Draughn is a big, robustly built 5'11, near 200lb woman in her own right. If that landed on a little straw weight like Rose Namajunas, or a little 5'5 skinny man, it almost certainly would have turned their lights out.

It's important to note the difference between a legitimately big person, though, and an out of shape obese person that would otherwise be 140-160lbs if they were in shape.

We can't just talk about Andy Ruiz, Butterbean, etc and conclude "fat guys can fight" based on their exploits ... These men are Bloatlords. Lots of fat, lots of muscle and lots of gym time. You can't be a Bloatlord unless you go to the gym. We can't just pull up a fat couch potato and bestow Ruiz's fighting ability onto them because they tip the scales similar.

*I know you realise this and are on the level... But there are plenty of cats here that like to think an unathletic, pear shaped, beanbag man can beat someone much fitter, faster and more athletic just because they're heavier (fatter) "weight classes for a reason" ... In most cases obesity and lack of fitness will be a hinderance.

The easiest guy I ever beat on the mat outweighed me by 100lbs but he was just too slow and cumbersome and ultimately quit due to exhaustion.
Force equals mass times acceleration is the equation you're looking for.
The Following User Says Thank You to PurpleCat For This Useful Post:
Old 12-Oct-22, 00:36
Points: 1,954, Level: 18 Points: 1,954, Level: 18 Points: 1,954, Level: 18
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%

As disappointed as I am with all these reality checks, a part of me is glad that women are weaker on average.

Women have proven time and time and time and time and time and time and again how hateful and how contemptuous and how downright EVIL they can be against men just because men are men instead of women. Even when men happily encourage women to become strong, even when men joyfully and passionately LOVE and GLORIFY women who are stronger than themselves, women still proudly nourish and inflame that unholy, deep-seated hatred and resentment against men. And most of the time, that very hatred and resentment burns the hottest against the same weaker men who love, desire, and utterly adore women stronger than themselves.

Can you just imagine how much more terrible women would be if their physical strength were to surpass that of men's? Women possess an edge enough already with Pussy Power in their corner (which is why men lost the Gender Wars the instant they began during the Fall in the Garden). But, couple that Pussy Power with superior physical power? I don't even wish to contemplate the sheer depravity of the Gender Cleansings, Emasculations, and Holocausts which would result from such an erotic (yet positively dreadful) development.

My God, what a nightmare!

Last edited by legLover232; 12-Oct-22 at 05:48.
Old 13-Sep-23, 23:11
stymie
This message has been deleted by stymie.