Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Session Reviews

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 05-Mar-21, 05:38
Points: 11,051, Level: 45 Points: 11,051, Level: 45 Points: 11,051, Level: 45
Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,162 Times in 1,030 Posts
Default Re: Sheena reviews

I saw her on that trip too, and will just say she and her travel partner were both very, let's just say busy, on their phones all the time. Not during sessions for me at least, but I could see they were completely consumed by their phones. Part of it, outside of sessions, was constantly checking out twitter and emails trying to set up sessions.

I had a good experience, but I could see there being communication issues. I told her something semi-important injury-wise about a day in advance and she came off completely surprised when I brought it up in person. I've seen a couple language barrier issues too. Not trying to pick on someone as learning another language takes dedication, but you can see it in some of the interviews when Jennifer uses some idiomatic language without realizing it. All I can say is to make everything as clear as possible if you don't feel the two of you are on the same page. It's especially important with safe words or injuries. If she's not paying attention, that is a problem. I could see that possibly happening more often in a video shoot than a session.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to uxiel For This Useful Post:
Old 05-Mar-21, 06:38
Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100
Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1%
Last Achievements

Thanked 15,079 Times in 4,065 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeman20 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
It depends on when you saw her. When she first started, she was such a sweetheart and down to earth, but in her last year of sessioning she became a little full of herself.

Which video was it?
I'd suspect it was this one. In any case, good grief, the sample shows she really worked this poor guy over!
[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
If I'm letting the cat out of the bag, let me know and I'll delete this post...

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to stymie For This Useful Post:
Old 05-Mar-21, 18:36
Points: 9,908, Level: 42 Points: 9,908, Level: 42 Points: 9,908, Level: 42
Activity: 11.9% Activity: 11.9% Activity: 11.9%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stymie [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I'd suspect it was this one. In any case, good grief, the sample shows she really worked this poor guy over!

No, that one isn't me...I really don't think the one we did was released (it was pretty bad).
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to iwillpinu For This Useful Post:
Old 08-Mar-21, 10:07
Points: 5,583, Level: 31 Points: 5,583, Level: 31 Points: 5,583, Level: 31
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stymie [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Thanks!
When I meet her, I'll tell her this is the kind of session I want
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tomjui For This Useful Post:
Old 09-Mar-21, 16:08
Points: 1,818, Level: 17 Points: 1,818, Level: 17 Points: 1,818, Level: 17
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

I'm not trying to downplay any of the above which seems related to the 2019 era, but from my personal experience in mid-2020 Sheena was quite easy-going.
I was her last session of the weekend and for a 2hr-round I've been at her place for at least 2h30. She was 10-15 min late and warned me and apologized before our meeting, and she made sure to define a red-word.
I might have been lucky, or she might have had a bad period and has worked on her attitude since.
My 2 cents.
Old 09-Mar-21, 16:26
Points: 11,051, Level: 45 Points: 11,051, Level: 45 Points: 11,051, Level: 45
Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,162 Times in 1,030 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by uxiel [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I've seen a couple language barrier issues too. Not trying to pick on someone as learning another language takes dedication, but you can see it in some of the interviews when Jennifer uses some idiomatic language without realizing it. All I can say is to make everything as clear as possible if you don't feel the two of you are on the same page. It's especially important with safe words or injuries. If she's not paying attention, that is a problem. I could see that possibly happening more often in a video shoot than a session.
I want to clarify this point as I've gotten some PMs asking about the language barrier. It's not the same as talking to a native English speaker, but her English is good. Realistically to do sessions, the vocabulary needed is a pretty small subset of the language (generally speaking, everyday conversations consist of a relatively small vocabulary; you need a broader vocabulary to discuss science, politics, and economics at a basic level; and a much broader vocabulary to read novels and discuss technical subjects). I don't think anyone should feel hesitant to meet her due to language issues. Just when talking about important things that could have impact on your health/safety, I would be very clear and make sure you're not mumbling. The first time I met her she misunderstood "righty" as "ready" (I can't recall how clearly I uttered the word), and a couple other things I had to clarify. You can re-watch her SG interviews, there were a couple moments when she appeared confused after idiomatic language. Just realize when you're using such language. (For example, above I wrote "on the same page" instead of understanding each other / in agreement / etc.) The example that springs to mind was Jennifer asking her about pet peeves. I don't think there's really an idiomatic equivalent of this in Hungarian, you'd probably just say something that gets on your nerves. While most native English speakers understand and freely use the phrase, I doubt many actually know its origin.

In fact, when I met her, she also had a decent understanding of German. I have respect for anyone who can speak/understand 3 languages.
The Following User Says Thank You to uxiel For This Useful Post:
Old 11-Mar-21, 15:03
Points: 5,265, Level: 30 Points: 5,265, Level: 30 Points: 5,265, Level: 30
Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeman20 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Sheena is going to be a participant in a local sport/reality TV show. I don't know for how long but it's not a permanent gig.
I have no idea what the gap is between filming and broadcast, Sheena's time on the show is now over. She had a couple injuries to her left leg the last one forced her to have to leave the show. It will be interesting to see what Sheena's future holds. Her personality seemed to be ideal for that kind of tv show.
Old 11-Mar-21, 16:12
Points: 4,405, Level: 28 Points: 4,405, Level: 28 Points: 4,405, Level: 28
Activity: 9.5% Activity: 9.5% Activity: 9.5%
Last Achievements

I met Sheena last summer for a session, but do not recognise what is written here. She was very friendly, professional and accomodating, all the opposite of arrogant. And could have good discussion with her in English, we had some small talk before and after the session. I had a really fun session with her.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ehuls For This Useful Post:
Old 27-Mar-21, 00:08
Points: 6,375, Level: 34 Points: 6,375, Level: 34 Points: 6,375, Level: 34
Activity: 31.0% Activity: 31.0% Activity: 31.0%
Last Achievements

I see Sheena instagram. Hope she comes back to sessions

Her instagram is back
Old 29-Mar-21, 20:39
Points: 1,921, Level: 17 Points: 1,921, Level: 17 Points: 1,921, Level: 17
Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehuls [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I met Sheena last summer for a session, but do not recognise what is written here. She was very friendly, professional and accomodating, all the opposite of arrogant. And could have good discussion with her in English, we had some small talk before and after the session. I had a really fun session with her.
Maybe it was late into the tour. At some point you are so many days in and wish it was over.