Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

View Poll Results: What will be the outcome of this session?
InTheFlesh86 will win Part 1, but lose Part 2. 5 5.26%
InTheFlesh86 will win Part 2, but lose Part 1. 6 6.32%
InTheFlesh86 will win both Part 1 and Part 2 (most likely). 20 21.05%
InTheFlesh86 will lose both Part 1 and Part 2 (<1% chance). 13 13.68%
I want Dez to make InTheFlesh86 cry. 51 53.68%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-Jul-20, 07:26
Points: 36,366, Level: 83 Points: 36,366, Level: 83 Points: 36,366, Level: 83
Activity: 9.8% Activity: 9.8% Activity: 9.8%
Last Achievements

Thanked 5,549 Times in 720 Posts
Default Re: Dez Desire vs Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheFlesh86 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Just to be sure and avoid misunderstanding, what do you mean exactly by "rigged"?
You mean that you think they are fake, or simply that the rules put the skilled one at a greater adavantage than it would be in a real fight?
Nah not fake. I meant rigged to be synonymous with misleading. I think at least some of the people trying to promote BJJ this way know that these are unfair comparisons. I admit, those videos are compelling. I didn't recognize the trick either until someone brought them up to Mark Rippetoe in an interview and he said "Well we can all be good at each other's sports" when it occurred to me, "Oh...right...BJJ is a SPORT!"
Old 12-Jul-20, 07:45
Points: 7,973, Level: 38 Points: 7,973, Level: 38 Points: 7,973, Level: 38
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheFlesh86 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I agree that the final move might be tough to get out of, but I highly doubt she's going to be able to drag me down by my neck like that. As for the move itself, I think I could flip over backwards and get to my feet with her still on my back. Not sure what I'll do then...but I'll think of something

We've already booked our flight/hotel/car, but we'll only be there a couple days. I think we get in Friday evening and see Dez Saturday afternoon. My wife wanted to do some hiking around the area, but I think we're still pretty open to other things to do. We leave Sunday I think.
That sounds reasonable. You'll surely be able to make things a lot more difficult for Dez than I was. Your strength advantage is not something I can relate to. I'm curious to know how much it will help.

I'm also curious to know how deep you'll let her apply holds before resisting? E.g. I assume you're not going to let her lock in a RNC and then start trying to escape? I assume you'll just give her your back and she'll have to lock the choke in herself?

Sounds like a fun trip!
Old 12-Jul-20, 07:54
Points: 13,934, Level: 51 Points: 13,934, Level: 51 Points: 13,934, Level: 51
Activity: 40.5% Activity: 40.5% Activity: 40.5%
Last Achievements

Thanked 4,439 Times in 904 Posts

Quote:
2. I think I said this video looked like it was filmed on the original Gameboy. Also that "NFL player" looks old, out of shape, and not that big (certainly not a linemen as the description speculates).

That's where I lost you, how can you say he looks out of shape and not that big lol?
He is freaking huge, and very athletic and explosive as well.
Old 12-Jul-20, 09:24
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elbow Escape [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
That's where I lost you, how can you say he looks out of shape and not that big lol?
He is freaking huge, and very athletic and explosive as well.
To be honest, it's kind of hard to tell considering the guy is only about 3 pixels wide.

[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] is an example of what I consider to be a physical specimen, athletic freak, and a real man. I figure if I can get to where he is by August 22nd, I should be fine against Dez!
Old 12-Jul-20, 09:45
Last Achievements

Quote:
To be honest, it's kind of hard to tell considering the guy is only about 3 pixels wide.

[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] is an example of what I consider to be a physical specimen, athletic freak, and a real man. I figure if I can get to where he is by August 22nd, I should be fine against Dez!
So basically if you are not one of the best, if not the best, athlete ever, you are not that big and in bad shape?

What do you think about a guy like Bob Sapp, for example?

350+ lbs lbs of solid muscle and very athletic and explosive with inhuman strenght, he has been in the NFL and high level kickboxing and MMA.

Old 12-Jul-20, 13:40
Points: 66,180, Level: 100 Points: 66,180, Level: 100 Points: 66,180, Level: 100
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 20,715 Times in 964 Posts

I am also impressed by your talent for promoting this event !
About the outcome, I think that one important thing is the extent of your natural or instinctive fighting abilities. Size and strength can matter of course, but you will have to rely to your body awareness, whether it is athleticism, quickness or flexibility.
The structure of your session gives a clear advantage to Dez, as she will have the occasion to tire you out with the submission challenge, even before the grappling part.
Dez has enough experience and skills to put her holds tightly without being bothered by your size, she drilled them so much that her muscle memory is spot on. And each time, you will have only a few seconds, even less, to make the right choice and to use your brute force wisely.
So good luck and have fun !
The Following User Says Thank You to Maitsek For This Useful Post:
Old 12-Jul-20, 15:17
Points: 11,563, Level: 46 Points: 11,563, Level: 46 Points: 11,563, Level: 46
Activity: 45.2% Activity: 45.2% Activity: 45.2%
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,006 Times in 624 Posts

Ah,Dez vs Bob Sapp?
Old 12-Jul-20, 15:37
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizyz [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Ah,Dez vs Bob Sapp?
Ahahaha no, I was just asking InTheFlesh what he thinks about a guy like him.

Of course Bob Sapp would murder her (or any other woman on the planet for that matter, Gabi Garcia included) in 0,5 seconds.
Old 12-Jul-20, 18:24
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maitsek [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I am also impressed by your talent for promoting this event !
About the outcome, I think that one important thing is the extent of your natural or instinctive fighting abilities. Size and strength can matter of course, but you will have to rely to your body awareness, whether it is athleticism, quickness or flexibility.
The structure of your session gives a clear advantage to Dez, as she will have the occasion to tire you out with the submission challenge, even before the grappling part.
Dez has enough experience and skills to put her holds tightly without being bothered by your size, she drilled them so much that her muscle memory is spot on. And each time, you will have only a few seconds, even less, to make the right choice and to use your brute force wisely.
So good luck and have fun !
A very fair, and balanced comment. Thanks! You also make a good point about the schedule, which is why lately I've been thinking about switching things up. I might post about that soon to get people's thoughts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elbow Escape [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
What do you think about a guy like Bob Sapp, for example?

350+ lbs lbs of solid muscle and very athletic and explosive with inhuman strenght, he has been in the NFL and high level kickboxing and MMA.
If I think I know where you're going with this...
I'm aware of Bob Sapp and what an embarrassment he's been to the big/strong man community. I'm convinced he throws fights, so I suspect there are other issues going on with him besides his fighting ability. Also I would say that most of the guys he's fought have also been fairly big/strong themselves. At a certain point, a human being reaches a level of size and strength after which there seems to be a point of diminishing returns. For example a 100 pound guy beating a 200 pound guy is more surprising to me than a 200 pound guy beating a 300 pound guy, or even a 400 pound guy.
Old 12-Jul-20, 23:43
Last Achievements

Dez had some words for me today when I challenged her "karate" video

Attached Images
File Type: png Screenshot.png (103.3 KB, 178 views)