Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 09-Aug-15, 18:27
Points: 4,142, Level: 27 Points: 4,142, Level: 27 Points: 4,142, Level: 27
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Default Forever cured of GrapplingGirls!

For a long time I have been curious if a trained female can really submit a grown male using the grappling techniques displayed on this site.

I am aware that different people have different opinions about the assumptions for this question, but my take on it is that to be fair, both
opponents have to equally fit and athletic and determined to win. Also, they must be representative for their gender, meaning the man will
invariably be bigger and stronger than the woman. Otherwise, the factor of the grappling technique with its promise of "smaller opponent can beat bigger opponent"
loses credibility. I mean, a match between a FBB against a midget of a man labeled a grappling match is uninteresting to me. The size difference is already such that the FBB would not need any grappling skills to win anyway. And the opponents are not representative of their respective gender. The only advantage I will admit the female is any advantage in a martial arts skill she wants. So can anyone show me a convincing match where a female can beat a male under these preconditions?

Well, today I bought
the video GG328B from GrapplingGirls featuring Liz Veyron to finally settle the matter. Boy, was I disappointed! I did see some of the other
videos from this site already and although it was quite obvious that the action was manipulated to obtain the desired result, I heard so much
about this specific girl, I though she would be able to make it look real and competitive. I mean the descriptions sound like she is supposed to
be some kind of female Rambo or something. But nope. I mean, I have no doubt she is very fit, strong and skilled and all. But looking at the size
and activity level of her male opponents I got the impression that even with such a capable wrestler, the organizers were still more worried
about their (very expensive, as I hear!) star wrestler if she was matched with a male opponent of decent size, athleticism and determination.

As
it was, I couldn't actually tell who was the bigger of the two (goes for both men), but I slightly lean toward Liz Veyron being bigger and
stockier in build. Which doesn't make for a very impressive size of male. And in general the action from the men was pretty lame. I always watch
the men, how much resistance they generate with their supposedly stronger arms and upper body. But even with free arms I saw no detectable initiative
to break a hold, a grip or remove a limb, let alone taking the initiative to do anything on the offense. The contrast to the video description on
the website, where it is being labeled as "one of the most intense videos we have ever produced and without a doubt one of the most brutal
performances by LizVeyron" was shocking. The words couldn't be much farther than the actual action going on in the video. To be honest, I couldn't watch it all through,
I got bored and started thinking about what I have in my fridge. And starting to think about my fridge in the midst of what is supposed to be an
epic inter-gender match is always a bad sign for me.

As this is supposed to be the peak performer of the company, I now rest assured I will not have to purchase any other of their products in the
future. If there is a convincing answer to my question, at least now I know I will not find it on this site.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PaxRomana For This Useful Post:
Old 10-Aug-15, 05:57
Points: 17,771, Level: 58 Points: 17,771, Level: 58 Points: 17,771, Level: 58
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,052 Times in 710 Posts
Default Re: Forever cured of GrapplingGirls!

I encourage you to book a competitive session with a skilled girl in the industry, such as Ariel or Veve. Not saying that video stores don't script their matches 99% of the time, but it is very easy to think the guy isn't trying until you step on the mats yourself. Guys who have never had a session before won't realize how painful some of these girl's holds can be. I've had competitive sessions with girls where I was completely outclassed that were filmed, and when I watch them at home, I look very much like the guys I always thought weren't trying at all. I have never seen the video you are talking about, but just because someone is completely destroyed and not able to mount any type of offense doesn't always mean he isn't trying.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to qwertyuio For This Useful Post:
Old 10-Aug-15, 22:19
Points: 24,585, Level: 68 Points: 24,585, Level: 68 Points: 24,585, Level: 68
Last Achievements

You are blaming an entire mixed wrestling studio just because it does not fit with your tastes. That's it!

If you are looking for an answer to your million dollar question, you don't need to go buy a clip from a fetish studio to figure it out...

I can give it to you for free: YES, a skilled female can defeat an untrained stronger male which is absolutely trying with her skills and technique, provided the match is held into a regulated environment and it is not a street fight.

You just have to take a look at this video:

This is Mackenzie Dern, the new queen of jiu jitsu, 22 years of age, 125lbs of weight, taking on the 200lbs+ giantess Gabi Garcia and winning against her by points in the open weight class...
What does this mean? I think we can assume that Gabi Garcia is trained in jiu jitsu (multiple times jiu jitsu world champion) and stronger than most men her size and she still lost. In a street fight usually the bigger and stronger person win, but in a regulated contest, skills can help people overcome physical handicaps. Just imagine what this Mackenzie girl, which I hope fits with your stereotype of female gender (light, quite small, not bulky, etc.), could do to a lets say 185lbs inshape-male which is trying 100%... I think it is pretty safe to say she would submit him in a matter of seconds... So here's your answer. This episode can be easily compared to a female vs male match and should thus provide an answer to your question. Of course this is not very common, cause the skill level must be very very high to overcome the size and strenght disadvantages.

That said, it wasn't necessary to blame some of these gg videos with Liz Veyron, cause they might prove something else.
Something that to some people like me is even more interesting than your easy question, which is: it does not take a female world champion to beat a male, cause there are many girls-next-door who would be able in your every day life to beat the shit out of their male counterparts, thanks to a size advantage, a streght advantage, a skill adavantage, or whatever else... It does not matter why to me, the point is a woman defeating a man, period!

That's the thrill for me: knowing that a bunch of fit toned girls out there can defeat many untrained or unfit males, which is more than half of the male population.

I'm sorry that this does not interest you, but to be honest I could care less about it
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lucad For This Useful Post:
Old 11-Aug-15, 01:04
Points: 4,757, Level: 29 Points: 4,757, Level: 29 Points: 4,757, Level: 29
Last Achievements

I'm not writing here in either agreement or disagreement, but you could have chosen a better example. Dern was thoroughly dominated and won because of a technicality, the illegal clothing grab.
Old 11-Aug-15, 01:24
Points: 5,812, Level: 32 Points: 5,812, Level: 32 Points: 5,812, Level: 32
Last Achievements

I wanted to write the same as qwertyuio. Victoria from Hungary is good example of this.

If you look at her videos, they look staged, she does not look so strong, she does not seem even to pretend she puts lots of effort to wrestling and the guy just lets her to dominate him without truly fighting back... and then, you meet her on the mat, and she effortlessly overpowers you while you can do nothing... and you realize you must look like the guys in the videos...
The Following User Says Thank You to RobRoy For This Useful Post:
Old 11-Aug-15, 01:35
Points: 24,585, Level: 68 Points: 24,585, Level: 68 Points: 24,585, Level: 68
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fightingfemalefan [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I'm not writing here in either agreement or disagreement, but you could have chosen a better example. Dern was thoroughly dominated and won because of a technicality, the illegal clothing grab.
Yeah but still won...how can she not be dominated by a giantess who is pretty much 100lbs heavier...it's safe to say she is more skilled than Garcia and used that skill to overcome her physical disadvantage
Old 11-Aug-15, 05:36
Points: 47,294, Level: 95 Points: 47,294, Level: 95 Points: 47,294, Level: 95
Activity: 9.5% Activity: 9.5% Activity: 9.5%
Last Achievements

Thanked 3,424 Times in 784 Posts

I hate GG. Their videos suck. Not sure why so many people like them. Yes the girls are hot but there's no dialogue and the second someone taps they cut the vid.
Old 11-Aug-15, 06:00
Points: 4,282, Level: 27 Points: 4,282, Level: 27 Points: 4,282, Level: 27
Activity: 4.9% Activity: 4.9% Activity: 4.9%
Last Achievements

@[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] - I wrestled Kathy from London and VeVe. Tell me: what tactics do you suggest I use if I ended up in a streetfight against one of them? Bite their asses when they facesit me? Both would be able to beat the shit out of me rules or no rules. I'm much bigger than they are, but they handled me like a baby. I would give myself about a minute to live if one of them decided to take me out.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mikegauger For This Useful Post:
Old 11-Aug-15, 06:09
Points: 1,821, Level: 17 Points: 1,821, Level: 17 Points: 1,821, Level: 17
Last Achievements

I don't like GG either. I made the mistake of buying a video from there a few years ago.

Now I understand why production houses might feel the need to watermark their videos and a small non-animated "wrestlingsite.com" on the corner doesn't bother me. But GG plaster a bloody great red "Copyright (c) grapplinggirls.com" RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE SCREEN EVERY TIME the girl actually gets a headscissor on the guy, and flash it on and off throughout the video. It completely ruined the experience for me, meaning I wasted $20 and guaranteeing I would never buy another one from them.
Old 11-Aug-15, 15:12
klp54chev

I have several of the GG videos. I enjoy the action and the video quality. Judging from the number of videos and length of time they have been in business, I think many share my opinion. As for the great red copyright mark in the middle of the screen, in all of my videos I have purchased, I have never seen that.