Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 09-Jun-21, 00:08
Points: 19,582, Level: 61 Points: 19,582, Level: 61 Points: 19,582, Level: 61
Activity: 61.1% Activity: 61.1% Activity: 61.1%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,462 Times in 1,360 Posts
Default Re: Session girls and what they charge

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerCrushes [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
With respect, back in 1996, sessions were $300.

By almost any inflation metric - I used this calculator just now ([Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]) - the going rate should be about $500 today.
Virtually everyone being independent now has changed things a lot, as opposed to 25 years ago. Maybe if more ladies had agencies as before the rate for most sessions would've stayed at 300, or maybe the opposite would've happened given that I don't think it's a question there's now more demand for sessions. I feel like guys have a sense for things that should make a lady more 'premium' and they're constantly running into rates that seemingly aren't based on that at all, but that's the wrong way to think about it, she's only interested what guys for whom she's their type think about her.
Old 09-Jun-21, 00:22
Points: 4,796, Level: 29 Points: 4,796, Level: 29 Points: 4,796, Level: 29
Activity: 64.8% Activity: 64.8% Activity: 64.8%
Last Achievements

Wages have been pretty stagnant for decades. The person quoted referred to both inflation and his rate of salary increase. I'm not passing judgment on whether session rates should or should not have gone up, but it's easy to see why people whose wages haven't gone up in 20 years might be upset that they're being priced out of certain aspects of life (this is a general statement, not claiming the person quoted has seen 0% salary increase in 20 years).
Old 09-Jun-21, 03:10
Points: 5,548, Level: 31 Points: 5,548, Level: 31 Points: 5,548, Level: 31
Activity: 22.2% Activity: 22.2% Activity: 22.2%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatsby87 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Everyone above touched on some pretty good points, but the fact of the matter is that this is a luxury service. There are very, very few women with the strength, physique and skill out there who do this kind of work and do it well, and the ones who are not skilled and/or price themselves too high donít last. If the market reflects the demand (and it does,) the prices will remain where they are.

You also have to remember that, while sessionning is ďexpensive,Ē you do have to factor in the womenís expenses when they do this. Air travel, hotels, gym memberships, trainers and coaches, food, steroids all add up. Plus, there is an inherent danger toward women in meeting strange men alone in hotel rooms. Sure, you would never put a session wrestler in danger, but there are unfortunately a lot of guys out there who are creepy and sleazy at best, and downright threatening at worst.

While Iím sure there are some women out there who are not worth what they charge, speaking from experience I have never had a session where I felt I didnít get my moneyís worth. And while yes, you could hire a sex worker or masseuse and ďteachĒ her to headscissor you or whatever, but I guarantee youíll be disappointed because they usually donít have any experience in what we are into, and nobody on the planet can learn and be adept at a new skill the same day they know it even exists. While it seems like there are lots and lots of session women out there, they represent a tiny, minuscule sliver of the broad spectrum of sex work thatís out there, and what we are into represents a small niche in the broad realm of kinks out there. Low supply and high demand reflects what the market charges.

Iím not a rich man, but back when I did session (currently donít,) I found a bit in the budget to have a few sessions a year. I donít have many vices, so it wasnít hard to save up, and I even had a very well-known and regarded wrestler offer me a half-off discount for future sessions (trust me being personable goes a long way.) As with anything, budget your money, know what you want, do you research into finding the right wrestler for you, and youíll find it to be a worthwhile expense.
To Gatsby I think u can count out the gyms and trainors but I'll give u air travel and motel so saying that say are session girls goes to 5 cities how much would she make adding air fair and motel expenses just a senerio
Old 09-Jun-21, 05:32
Points: 4,230, Level: 27 Points: 4,230, Level: 27 Points: 4,230, Level: 27
Activity: 3.7% Activity: 3.7% Activity: 3.7%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerCrushes [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

With respect, back in 1996, sessions were $300.

By almost any inflation metric - I used this calculator just now ([Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]) - the going rate should be about $500 today.
I wasn't doing session in 1996 but I can only assume maybe that was top tier prices as my first session was 2014 and I was paying 200 -250, Sessions have have now doubled in prices and more.

I'm still young so I'm able to meet young fit girls and tell them about my interest and their game. This does come with the added risks of it getting out, which I must say scares me the most.

Last edited by mecury007; 09-Jun-21 at 11:42.
Old 09-Jun-21, 11:55
Points: 16,101, Level: 55 Points: 16,101, Level: 55 Points: 16,101, Level: 55
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,656 Times in 303 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by uxiel [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Wages have been pretty stagnant for decades. The person quoted referred to both inflation and his rate of salary increase. I'm not passing judgment on whether session rates should or should not have gone up, but it's easy to see why people whose wages haven't gone up in 20 years might be upset that they're being priced out of certain aspects of life (this is a general statement, not claiming the person quoted has seen 0% salary increase in 20 years).
If a person's wages haven't at least kept up with inflation, isn't that on them as far as their lack of skill and work ethic? They should probably train for another career, switch employers, or move to another city (I know all much easier said than done).

That would bring us back to the original point, in that sessions, like vacations, fancy cars, or a big house are a luxury. If you want to partake you'll at the very least need to budget well and probably earn more than average, depending on how much you want and how much you need for other expenses. Being single really helps here.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FetishWebDev For This Useful Post:
Old 09-Jun-21, 12:22
Banned
Points: 284, Level: 5 Points: 284, Level: 5 Points: 284, Level: 5
Activity: 35.2% Activity: 35.2% Activity: 35.2%

400-500 for what? You mean hoply Not for 1 hour Time with a Girl 😂😂😂😂😂 because This is absolutly a joke
No service in a Wrestling Session is worth such a charge, absolutly nothing!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Scissorllover For This Useful Post:
Old 09-Jun-21, 16:59
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FetishWebDev [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
If a person's wages haven't at least kept up with inflation, isn't that on them as far as their lack of skill and work ethic? They should probably train for another career, switch employers, or move to another city (I know all much easier said than done).

That would bring us back to the original point, in that sessions, like vacations, fancy cars, or a big house are a luxury. If you want to partake you'll at the very least need to budget well and probably earn more than average, depending on how much you want and how much you need for other expenses. Being single really helps here.
No it isn't (not always anyway), just like it's not always people's fault for being born into abject poverty (or even worse, having to live through genocide situations in poorer countries, having no access to fresh water, etc.) and not being able to climb out. Of course if you are at the top of the income scale, you should make changes where you can to improve your quality of life, but it's not realistic for most people. Our economy has a K-shape. All this stuff is a luxury, and at some point you should ask in the richest country in the world, should we have a higher minimum standard of living we can offer to everyone? Different people have different views on this, and both extremes are pretty bad. This all gets at the growing income/wealth gap, which has monumental repercussions, but we don't need another 50-page thread debating this. Sessions are certainly among the first things you should cut out if you can't afford a decent lifestyle. Session girls are targeting guys who are well off.

The point is inflation is not the only metric worth tracking, income growth is too. It's easy for you to pass judgment if you're a web dev, where wages have grown comfortably over the past 10-20 years. Not everyone has the luxury to tell their bosses FU and jump to another company for a 20% raise by solving some toy problems on a whiteboard for an hour.
The Following User Says Thank You to uxiel For This Useful Post:
Old 09-Jun-21, 17:27
Points: 3,157, Level: 23 Points: 3,157, Level: 23 Points: 3,157, Level: 23
Activity: 1.9% Activity: 1.9% Activity: 1.9%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by uxiel [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
No it isn't (not always anyway), just like it's not always people's fault for being born into abject poverty (or even worse, having to live through genocide situations in poorer countries, having no access to fresh water, etc.) and not being able to climb out. Of course if you are at the top of the income scale, you should make changes where you can to improve your quality of life, but it's not realistic for most people. Our economy has a K-shape. All this stuff is a luxury, and at some point you should ask in the richest country in the world, should we have a higher minimum standard of living we can offer to everyone? Different people have different views on this, and both extremes are pretty bad. This all gets at the growing income/wealth gap, which has monumental repercussions, but we don't need another 50-page thread debating this. Sessions are certainly among the first things you should cut out if you can't afford a decent lifestyle. Session girls are targeting guys who are well off.

The point is inflation is not the only metric worth tracking, income growth is too. It's easy for you to pass judgment if you're a web dev, where wages have grown comfortably over the past 10-20 years. Not everyone has the luxury to tell their bosses FU and jump to another company for a 20% raise by solving some toy problems on a whiteboard for an hour.
Everything...from commodities prices, to salaries, to wrestling-session hourly rates is, both theoretically and practically, driven by supply and demand and what could be called a "free market". One caveat I need to add is that there is no such thing as a true Adam Smith "laise-faire" market economy in the real world. Almost every government has some degree of market regulation, safety nets, etc (What differs between different nation-states is the degree of and specifics of government regulation).

I think its a fair assumption that wages/income "as a whole" has not kept pace with inflation. Some occupations are more lucrative than others, and wages have increased for certain vocations more than other vocations.

There are a lot of complex factors affecting the "going rate" for every good and service.

With regards to a general increase in going rate for mixed wrestling sessions, its all based on what the market can bear. They say it is "bad form" to try to haggle with a session provider, but there is nothing to stop you from politely asking for a lower rate. You can also play some price negotiation games like "maybe we can do 45 mins instead of an hour, what would that cost?" or "If I prepay in full, can you discount your rate?".

If $500/hr proves to be more than most "hobbyists" are willing to pay, the rates will lower again.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to magnate For This Useful Post:
Old 09-Jun-21, 17:47
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnate [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I think its a fair assumption that wages/income "as a whole" has not kept pace with inflation. Some occupations are more lucrative than others, and wages have increased for certain vocations more than other vocations.
I agree, this is the K-shape. Software developers, lawyers (the ones who are doing well anyway), and other cushy professions are in a good spot, get good raises, etc. The ones closer to average income have seen nothing in decades.

For the other stuff, there will always be some richer guy, someone who wouldn't even think twice of dropping $1k each week for a session, or even more. Like I said before, I haven't even done a session yet this year, so even if I spent $800-1000 on a 2-hour session, it wouldn't be a big problem. But some people do need to work harder to save for sessions. I would say if "almost all" hobbyists weren't willing to pay instead of just most, just to be pedantic.

From what I've seen, the $300->400 increase was rather slow, then the $400->500 was pretty quick. I've done some $400 first-sessions with a girl before, then a couple months later, saw people on here saying she charged $500. Even if I got in at the end of the $400, I guess there was no $450 phase for them. This sort of quick increase is likely to back off if we enter a prolonged economic meltdown. I'm not a fan of negotiating here (or at least initiating a negotiation, she may decide she needs to lower rates to fill time slots). Even if successful, it creates a weird vibe in the session IMO ("oh so you're that cheap guy..."). I'd just walk away and not do the session if it's too much. And there are absolutely some girls in the scene who provide meh sessions and charge $500, while some of the best "only" charge $400.
The Following User Says Thank You to uxiel For This Useful Post:
Old 09-Jun-21, 18:24
Points: 3,157, Level: 23 Points: 3,157, Level: 23 Points: 3,157, Level: 23
Activity: 1.9% Activity: 1.9% Activity: 1.9%
Last Achievements

Quote:
I agree, this is the K-shape. Software developers, lawyers (the ones who are doing well anyway), and other cushy professions are in a good spot, get good raises, etc. The ones closer to average income have seen nothing in decades.

For the other stuff, there will always be some richer guy, someone who wouldn't even think twice of dropping $1k each week for a session, or even more. Like I said before, I haven't even done a session yet this year, so even if I spent $800-1000 on a 2-hour session, it wouldn't be a big problem. But some people do need to work harder to save for sessions. I would say if "almost all" hobbyists weren't willing to pay instead of just most, just to be pedantic.

From what I've seen, the $300->400 increase was rather slow, then the $400->500 was pretty quick. I've done some $400 first-sessions with a girl before, then a couple months later, saw people on here saying she charged $500. Even if I got in at the end of the $400, I guess there was no $450 phase for them. This sort of quick increase is likely to back off if we enter a prolonged economic meltdown. I'm not a fan of negotiating here (or at least initiating a negotiation, she may decide she needs to lower rates to fill time slots). Even if successful, it creates a weird vibe in the session IMO ("oh so you're that cheap guy..."). I'd just walk away and not do the session if it's too much. And there are absolutely some girls in the scene who provide meh sessions and charge $500, while some of the best "only" charge $400.
Uxiel, I dont want to have a prolonged debate on the precise quantity of hobbyists willing to pay $500/hour, and I agree that there will always be small subset of men "into session wrestling" who can afford $500+/hour. But if most "regular customers" (let's say 80%) stop partaking based on the overall rate hike to $500/hr, I think there will be a market-correction. If only 20% of the overall clientele continues to book sessions, that means that only certain providers will have "adequate" bookings for it to be worth their time. This particularly affects travelling sessioners because to re-coup the cost of your flight, hotel, and incidentals, you need a certain number of sessions or the trip in question is a net-loss.

BTW: From what I have read, some session ladies only travel if their trip is sponsored (that is, subsidized) by one or more clients.
The Following User Says Thank You to magnate For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread