Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Videos

Old 06-Jun-21, 15:16
Points: 4,156, Level: 27 Points: 4,156, Level: 27 Points: 4,156, Level: 27
Activity: 37.0% Activity: 37.0% Activity: 37.0%
Last Achievements

Default Re: News From YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevvie97 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Nice find from someone who recently wrote in another topic "females usually have zero interest in fighting".
And your current upload is on the 480th page of the topic concerning fighting females.
I know that there are plenty of women who enjoy fighting, combat sport and martial arts, I have personally know several of them and even dated two.
However it's still true that the vast majority of women could not care less about it.
Old 06-Jun-21, 16:14
Points: 1,586, Level: 16 Points: 1,586, Level: 16 Points: 1,586, Level: 16
Activity: 99.7% Activity: 99.7% Activity: 99.7%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elbow Escape [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I know that there are plenty of women who enjoy fighting, combat sport and martial arts, I have personally know several of them and even dated two.
However it's still true that the vast majority of women could not care less about it.
I see. If it's simply "true", how could I argue with you?
My own experiences as a woman obviously won't be enough to convince you.
Old 06-Jun-21, 16:29
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevvie97 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I see. If it's simply "true", how could I argue with you?
My own experiences as a woman obviously won't be enough to convince you.
Well, it's just that most women I knew usually were not interested in fighting at all, only a very small percentage were (far smaller than the percentage of men who were interested), and other people I talked about it had the same experience.
You can also see it in how the people who follow combat sports are mostly men and how in online forums about fighting there are very few female users compared to men.

Also many more more men practice combat sports and martial arts compared to women, it's not that rare in small places to have one gym with dozens of males and just a couple of girls.
You could argue that's because a lot of women that are actually interested in figthing feel intimidated to join in such an environment and there is certainly some truth to that, but the number gap is so great that I find hard to believe it's the only reason.

If you have different experiences and point of view I would be extremely interested in hearing it, don't refrain from telling me.

Last edited by Elbow Escape; 06-Jun-21 at 18:09.
Old 06-Jun-21, 17:18
King of Embeds
Points: 238,396, Level: 100 Points: 238,396, Level: 100 Points: 238,396, Level: 100
Activity: 99.9% Activity: 99.9% Activity: 99.9%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 144,584 Times in 8,961 Posts

Victory posing (from 1:34:50)
[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lottatore sottomesso For This Useful Post:
Old 06-Jun-21, 17:30
Points: 79,212, Level: 100 Points: 79,212, Level: 100 Points: 79,212, Level: 100
Activity: 42.6% Activity: 42.6% Activity: 42.6%
Last Achievements

Thanked 12,180 Times in 3,391 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvo [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Very cool mixed Grappling sparring video!

'

Nice video. So I searched for Dorothy Dao and see she wrote an article in 2017 for a bjj website when she was a purple belt. It's about her online interaction with "Singapore Boy" who wanted to employ her for a chokeout session. She almost went for it but ultimately it didn't happen. It's clear she's aware of the choking as well as grappling fetishes. She even mentions The Submission Room in the UK.
Unfortunately a lot of the screenshots she posted were deleted by the site for privacy's sake But some remain up. I tried to find the article at archive.org but no luck.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stymie For This Useful Post:
Old 07-Jun-21, 09:28
Points: 1,586, Level: 16 Points: 1,586, Level: 16 Points: 1,586, Level: 16
Activity: 99.7% Activity: 99.7% Activity: 99.7%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elbow Escape [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Well, it's just that most women I knew usually were not interested in fighting at all, only a very small percentage were (far smaller than the percentage of men who were interested), and other people I talked about it had the same experience.
You can also see it in how the people who follow combat sports are mostly men and how in online forums about fighting there are very few female users compared to men.

Also many more more men practice combat sports and martial arts compared to women, it's not that rare in small places to have one gym with dozens of males and just a couple of girls.
You could argue that's because a lot of women that are actually interested in figthing feel intimidated to join in such an environment and there is certainly some truth to that, but the number gap is so great that I find hard to believe it's the only reason.

If you have different experiences and point of view I would be extremely interested in hearing it, don't refrain from telling me.
O.K., itís so much better now that I have to start with apologizing for being rude at the beginning.
Perhaps as being a chemist I like to be precise with measures and I found your quoted sentence too excessive. Although I agree with you that a higher ratio of males are interested in combat sports, I think the gradually increasing part of women doing or at least showing interest in martial arts should not be dwarfed any more.

Unfortunately I do not know statistical surveys except for one published by the International Judo Federation years ago, in which the global percentage of women within active judoka was 24%. That means a 3:1 ratio between men and women doing judo, which I already find impressive. Sadly, multiple national federations didnít bother with participating in that survey. All in all, I think even exact numbers are not utterly bad concerning female participation.
But again you are right that gender equality is still far away, thatís why IJF launched multiple programs to encourage girls to start doing judo.

And yes, it seems we have different experiences to certain extent. Probably you know that the Netherlands is one of the ďjudo countriesĒ, and in the previous decade (when I actively did judo) I already saw at least half as many girls in our dojo as guys (1:2 ratio I dare say) and several others clubs I knew were in similar situation. These are all big clubs in big cities, I admit. Perhaps itís because of school judo in NL or because we have many female judoka idols and plenty of high-qualified instructors (male and female) respecting women in the dojo.
And I experienced many times that we girls tend to like very much competing against vincible opponents. You know, not those much bigger male fighters toying with us very carefully to protect us from getting injured.
Itís a problem because global statistics shows you guys are taller and heavier by more than 10cm and 10kg in average (and this difference doesnít seem to decrease considerably).
As you said many girls are intimidated by mixed sparring and would prefer all-female classes. Women often have to face other problematic issues in mixed classes, you know. So I think with improving conditions for us girls, hopefully we can make you surprised in the upcoming decades with our increasing presence in martial arts clubs.

I donít want to make it much longer under a thread addressed to videos, so let me close with a less specific thought. I feel a big difference between what we girls would really like to do and what we actually do or show/pretend. I guess there is still a large number of latent fans of martial arts among women. But gender roles are changing and women already show high activity in roles previously considered as male tasks/positions. 50 years ago how many girls went regularly to gyms, and you can see throng of us there by now. Deep inside many women would like to be strong and competitive until it doesnít influence her feminine identity/attractivity in a negative direction.
Old 07-Jun-21, 10:13
Last Achievements

Quote:
O.K., it’s so much better now that I have to start with apologizing for being rude at the beginning.
Perhaps as being a chemist I like to be precise with measures and I found your quoted sentence too excessive. Although I agree with you that a higher ratio of males are interested in combat sports, I think the gradually increasing part of women doing or at least showing interest in martial arts should not be dwarfed any more.

Unfortunately I do not know statistical surveys except for one published by the International Judo Federation years ago, in which the global percentage of women within active judoka was 24%. That means a 3:1 ratio between men and women doing judo, which I already find impressive. Sadly, multiple national federations didn’t bother with participating in that survey. All in all, I think even exact numbers are not utterly bad concerning female participation.
But again you are right that gender equality is still far away, that’s why IJF launched multiple programs to encourage girls to start doing judo.

And yes, it seems we have different experiences to certain extent. Probably you know that the Netherlands is one of the “judo countries”, and in the previous decade (when I actively did judo) I already saw at least half as many girls in our dojo as guys (1:2 ratio I dare say) and several others clubs I knew were in similar situation. These are all big clubs in big cities, I admit. Perhaps it’s because of school judo in NL or because we have many female judoka idols and plenty of high-qualified instructors (male and female) respecting women in the dojo.
And I experienced many times that we girls tend to like very much competing against vincible opponents. You know, not those much bigger male fighters toying with us very carefully to protect us from getting injured.
It’s a problem because global statistics shows you guys are taller and heavier by more than 10cm and 10kg in average (and this difference doesn’t seem to decrease considerably).
As you said many girls are intimidated by mixed sparring and would prefer all-female classes. Women often have to face other problematic issues in mixed classes, you know. So I think with improving conditions for us girls, hopefully we can make you surprised in the upcoming decades with our increasing presence in martial arts clubs.

I don’t want to make it much longer under a thread addressed to videos, so let me close with a less specific thought. I feel a big difference between what we girls would really like to do and what we actually do or show/pretend. I guess there is still a large number of latent fans of martial arts among women. But gender roles are changing and women already show high activity in roles previously considered as male tasks/positions. 50 years ago how many girls went regularly to gyms, and you can see throng of us there by now. Deep inside many women would like to be strong and competitive until it doesn’t influence her feminine identity/attractivity in a negative direction.
I agree that part of the reason is cultural, the reason why few women are interested in figthing is also because society tend to discorauge them from being interested in it.
Like you said thing are gradually improving in the last few decades, society is starting to be more accepting about strong women and female fighters instead of ostracizing them and labeling them as "unfeminine", altough the issue is still far from being completely resolved, and more girls are practicing martial arts than before.

And yes, the experiences are different for sure, I was very surprised to hear that the ratio was 1:2

I live in Italy and in the judo club near where I lived, where an ex girlfriend of mine started training at one point, there were only three girls including her out of around 20 students.
The Following User Says Thank You to Elbow Escape For This Useful Post:
Old 09-Jun-21, 05:29
Points: 15,027, Level: 53 Points: 15,027, Level: 53 Points: 15,027, Level: 53
Activity: 3.7% Activity: 3.7% Activity: 3.7%
Last Achievements

Thanked 3,241 Times in 568 Posts

not exactly new (I hope no repost )

The Following User Says Thank You to stef For This Useful Post:
Old 09-Jun-21, 12:28
Points: 79,212, Level: 100 Points: 79,212, Level: 100 Points: 79,212, Level: 100
Activity: 42.6% Activity: 42.6% Activity: 42.6%
Last Achievements

Thanked 12,180 Times in 3,391 Posts

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stymie For This Useful Post:
Old 10-Jun-21, 07:35
Points: 5,444, Level: 31 Points: 5,444, Level: 31 Points: 5,444, Level: 31
Activity: 81.5% Activity: 81.5% Activity: 81.5%
Last Achievements

German Judo black belt

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jvo For This Useful Post:

Tags
bodyscissors, female, femdom, fighting, hair pulling, headscissors, headscissors ko, humiliation, male on top, male vs female, mixedwrestling, prowrestling, reverse headscissors, skirt, submission, women wrestling, wrestling