Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 21-Jul-19, 16:21
Points: 4,069, Level: 26 Points: 4,069, Level: 26 Points: 4,069, Level: 26
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Default What happened to HerBiceps forum?

I tired accessing it today and it only sends me to their main site without a link to the forum...
Old 21-Jul-19, 17:28
Points: 5,471, Level: 31 Points: 5,471, Level: 31 Points: 5,471, Level: 31
Last Achievements

Default Re: What happened to HerBiceps forum?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mynow [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I tired accessing it today and it only sends me to their main site without a link to the forum...
Hi, it’s gone, just like that. Mike gave about 2 hours notice, then shut it down. I was a moderator there but got no advance notice; none of us did.
Old 21-Jul-19, 18:19
Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100
Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1%
Last Achievements

Thanked 15,079 Times in 4,065 Posts

That's odd. I usually only visited their model & actresses board, and noticed activity has lessened over the years, but didn't know it had become an albatross.
Old 21-Jul-19, 18:51
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stymie [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
That's odd. I usually only visited their model & actresses board, and noticed activity has lessened over the years, but didn't know it had become an albatross.
You mean the celebs board? Yeah, both good content and participation have lessened through the years. But I wouldn’t exactly say albatross is the right word. Mike has totally revamped the website, emphasizing webcam and VOD content over the traditional clips that the member site provided. For that model, he didn’t feel that a message board was necessary. I don’t agree; I think he’s seriously crimped his access to feedback. But that call is above my pay grade (free ).

It’s too bad you didn’t visit the Female Athletes Board more. You’re an astute MMA analyst.
Old 21-Jul-19, 20:38
Points: 4,893, Level: 29 Points: 4,893, Level: 29 Points: 4,893, Level: 29
Last Achievements

I used to visit it regularly and just choose the "most recent 25 posts" option. In recent months, over half of those 25 posts were always subscribers complaining about lack of updates, delays on the new site, etc. He probably got tired of the criticism. (I wasn't a HerBiceps subscriber, so not commenting on whether the criticism was warranted or not.)
Old 21-Jul-19, 21:36
Points: 4,494, Level: 28 Points: 4,494, Level: 28 Points: 4,494, Level: 28
Last Achievements

Yeah, Mike did a really shitty job communicating with members for the past year. It was honestly super scummy of him to shut the boards on that short of notice.

Also, 99% of the material from the old herbiceps isn't up on the new site, and there's no hint as to when it will be, so if you were a paying member, you basically had no warning to download any favorite clips or pics before the site shut. I doubt all those old archives will ever go up either, because they were housed on a completely different server, he switched webhosts for the new site, which means they'd all have to be manually re-uploaded and labeled, and that could take months or years.

I really lost of ton of respect for him over it. He promised a lot a delivered not very much so far.
Old 21-Jul-19, 21:45
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcang7 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Yeah, Mike did a really shitty job communicating with members for the past year. It was honestly super scummy of him to shut the boards on that short of notice.

Also, 99% of the material from the old herbiceps isn't up on the new site, and there's no hint as to when it will be, so if you were a paying member, you basically had no warning to download any favorite clips or pics before the site shut. I doubt all those old archives will ever go up either, because they were housed on a completely different server, he switched webhosts for the new site, which means they'd all have to be manually re-uploaded and labeled, and that could take months or years.

I really lost of ton of respect for him over it. He promised a lot a delivered not very much so far.
Yes, he did promise that he’d migrate all that old content, didn’t he? My impression is that he was just going to preserve the old site as an archive site. But I guess not, and so far, his team has proven to be anything but tech savvy.
Old 21-Jul-19, 21:56
Points: 4,494, Level: 28 Points: 4,494, Level: 28 Points: 4,494, Level: 28
Last Achievements

Yeah he did. In fact, if memory serves, the big promises made about Herbiceps+ were that you'd have access to all the old content plus great new stuff. That the photo and video quality would be improved (Which it isn't. In fact the photo quality may actually be slightly worse on the new site from the galleries I've checked out), and that it would be much easier to navigate (which also isn't the case as you can't even organize the models by name).

I honestly can't figure out what the big deal about was, as it basically seems to be the same site design as Herbicepscam. I'm kind of confused as to why he didn't just add more content to Herbicepscam rather than spending so much time on a new site.
Old 21-Jul-19, 21:58
Points: 57,582, Level: 100 Points: 57,582, Level: 100 Points: 57,582, Level: 100
Activity: 92.9% Activity: 92.9% Activity: 92.9%
Last Achievements

Thanked 8,750 Times in 1,917 Posts

That's a shame. I haven't visited there for possibly over a year, but seem to recall they had a good Britney Spears thread going. lol.
Old 21-Jul-19, 22:27
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminy [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
That's a shame. I haven't visited there for possibly over a year, but seem to recall they had a good Britney Spears thread going. lol.
Wait, isn’t that Britney Spears thread here? You know, the one where she can beat up both the Rock and Batista at the same time?
The Following User Says Thank You to Rated G For This Useful Post: