Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Community > The Forum

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 09-Jan-16, 21:50
Points: 563,346, Level: 100 Points: 563,346, Level: 100 Points: 563,346, Level: 100
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements

Thanked 47,590 Times in 2,517 Posts
Default Disappearing Photos?

OK, so this is a little odd. I just had a look at my most recent post in the "[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]" thread on the Pictures forum and noticed that a bunch of pictures have vanished from the post.

[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

At first I thought it was simply the embedding that wasn't working, but it's not that. There's actually nothing there to embed - the pictures that were originally embedded are no longer attached to the post at all.

I even tried adding them as attachments to another post, just to see if I would get the "You have already attached this file in thread...." message. But I didn't. As far as the Forum's concerned, they've just gone!

Old 09-Jan-16, 22:03
Administrator
Points: 864,862, Level: 100 Points: 864,862, Level: 100 Points: 864,862, Level: 100
Activity: 61.9% Activity: 61.9% Activity: 61.9%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 115,688 Times in 9,926 Posts
Default Re: Disappearing Photos?

Hmm, this is strange indeed.

I just checked the database, and it shows exactly 20 attachments for this post, and not 30, as embedded. Do you remember all 30 showing up after you made the post? Is it possible that you accidentally deleted 10 of the attachments?

If I understand correctly, when you try to attach one of the images that got lost, forum refers you to that post saying that you already attached it? If the answer to this is yes, please send me that photo.
[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
The Following User Says Thank You to Naji For This Useful Post:
Old 09-Jan-16, 22:21
Points: 563,346, Level: 100 Points: 563,346, Level: 100 Points: 563,346, Level: 100
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements

Thanked 47,590 Times in 2,517 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zweig [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Hmm, this is strange indeed.

I just checked the database, and it shows exactly 20 attachments for this post, and not 30, as embedded. Do you remember all 30 showing up after you made the post? Is it possible that you accidentally deleted 10 of the attachments?
Hi Zweig. Yeah, all 30 pictures were there originally and have been there in the couple of days since I posted it (I know because I've looked back at the post from time to time, just to see how many 'Thanks' the post had received )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zweig [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
If I understand correctly, when you try to attach one of the images that got lost, forum refers you to that post saying that you already attached it?
No, that's the weird thing. The forum lets me attach any of the images as though I've never attached them before.

Something has just occurred to me. Maybe, going back to your original theory, I didn't attach the pictures properly. I'm not sure if it would make a difference, but if I had 2 'Manage Attachments' dialogue boxes open, attached 10 with one and the other 20 with the other, maybe that might have caused it... And the reason I could see the pictures for a few days was that they were actually showing up from my cache rather than the board itself?

I'll ask the question on the thread itself to see if anyone that saw it remembers seeing the 'missing' pictures.
Old 09-Jan-16, 22:30
Administrator
Points: 864,862, Level: 100 Points: 864,862, Level: 100 Points: 864,862, Level: 100
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Hi, FP. I think the only plausible version is that the images were first uploaded but then accidentally deleted (replaced). The images could potentially load from the cache if you previewed the post after first attachment batch. Have you configured caching in your browser, or does it work with default settings? Which browser do you use?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootPower [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I'll ask the question on the thread itself to see if anyone that saw it remembers seeing the 'missing' pictures.
Yep, that would clarify.
[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
The Following User Says Thank You to Naji For This Useful Post:
Old 11-Apr-16, 21:09
Points: 19,379, Level: 60 Points: 19,379, Level: 60 Points: 19,379, Level: 60
Activity: 14.3% Activity: 14.3% Activity: 14.3%
Last Achievements

Thanked 3,922 Times in 561 Posts

I've had a similar experience with photos from the "Girls With Muscle" website.......It allows you to post the photos but then they disappear and all that's left is whatever comments you make........I would suspect they must have some type of software that makes it happen although it's strange it would let you use the photos in the first place........I'm really not sure how long they were up for but they did vanish.
Old 11-Apr-16, 21:12
Administrator
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

I don't think it was ever a software issue.