Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Old 06-Nov-21, 21:51
Points: 985, Level: 12 Points: 985, Level: 12 Points: 985, Level: 12
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Default Girls with raw physical strength but no formal MA training

I recently became aware that old female acquaintance of mine is pretty deep into powerlifting nowadays and after seeing some videos from the gym I realized she has already become quite a bit stronger in her lifts than your average gym goer male is. As far as I know she has no formal fighting training of any sort but is killing it at the gym.

Being a mixed wrestling fan for a long time, this got me thinking. I realize this has probably been discussed a lot in this forum in the past, but with a quick search I could not find a thread that was directly dealing with this subject.

So, how would you view a scenario where an average, non-athletic male goes against a girl who has no formal training in wrestling but is competing in powerlifting and therefore is likely to have superior raw muscular strength to him? Even if the male is bigger, would this be enough to overcome the size difference? Say if the male is about 6ft tall and around 180lbs and the girl is around 5'6 and around 140lbs but definitely stronger, what would be the likely outcome?

In addition, are there any competitive MW videos where a strength athlete girl with no wrestling or fighting background is going against a regular guy?

Last edited by red-sun; 06-Nov-21 at 21:58.
Old 07-Nov-21, 00:48
Elbow Escape
This message has been deleted by Elbow Escape.
Old 07-Nov-21, 00:50
Elbow Escape
This message has been deleted by Elbow Escape. Reason: multiple post
Old 07-Nov-21, 00:51
Points: 14,099, Level: 51 Points: 14,099, Level: 51 Points: 14,099, Level: 51
Activity: 40.5% Activity: 40.5% Activity: 40.5%
Last Achievements

Thanked 4,464 Times in 909 Posts
Default Re: Girls with raw physical strength but no formal MA training

Quote:
Originally Posted by red-sun [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I recently became aware that old female acquaintance of mine is pretty deep into powerlifting nowadays and after seeing some videos from the gym I realized she has already become quite a bit stronger in her lifts than your average gym goer male is. As far as I know she has no formal fighting training of any sort but is killing it at the gym.

Being a mixed wrestling fan for a long time, this got me thinking. I realize this has probably been discussed a lot in this forum in the past, but with a quick search I could not find a thread that was directly dealing with this subject.

So, how would you view a scenario where an average, non-athletic male goes against a girl who has no formal training in wrestling but is competing in powerlifting and therefore is likely to have superior raw muscular strength to him? Even if the male is bigger, would this be enough to overcome the size difference? Say if the male is about 6ft tall and around 180lbs and the girl is around 5'6 and around 140lbs but definitely stronger, what would be the likely outcome?
It depends on how large the female's strenght advantage is and how good her natural fighting istincts are.
On average I would say that a stronger and fitter person is going to beat a weaker and less athletic opponent more often than not, even if the latter is taller and heavier, regardless of their gender.
Old 07-Nov-21, 16:00
Points: 11,132, Level: 45 Points: 11,132, Level: 45 Points: 11,132, Level: 45
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by red-sun [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

In addition, are there any competitive MW videos where a strength athlete girl with no wrestling or fighting background is going against a regular guy?
Are you asking if it would be fun to be the guy in that scenario wrestling the strong girl? If so, I say it would be a blast!! It sounds like fun to me! It would be a great time to have a female friend that is very strong and athletic and have her try wrestling with me.

Ifyou have the opportunity, go for it!
Old 08-Nov-21, 01:15
Points: 26,400, Level: 71 Points: 26,400, Level: 71 Points: 26,400, Level: 71
Activity: 73.8% Activity: 73.8% Activity: 73.8%
Last Achievements

Thanked 3,352 Times in 1,836 Posts

If they're both in good shape with her being stronger, 6 inches and about 30% heavier probably is still a bit tough to deal with if she's done either no wrestling at all or very little. Not everyone who's great at lifting can easily carry that over to a legit match.
Old 09-Nov-21, 00:42
Points: 3,395, Level: 24 Points: 3,395, Level: 24 Points: 3,395, Level: 24
Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1%
Last Achievements

I agree with boyofwinter. Now if the girl weighed about 160 pounds or more to his 180 I think that would flip things in her favor all other things being equal.
The Following User Says Thank You to LDooby For This Useful Post:
Old 10-Nov-21, 17:53
Points: 1,853, Level: 17 Points: 1,853, Level: 17 Points: 1,853, Level: 17
Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8%
Last Achievements

I would have to say that she has a strength advantage, with neither of them trained she wins more times than not if they are both really trying to win. Especially since she's smaller, she probably has the quickness and coordination advantage as well.
Old 11-Nov-21, 03:12
Points: 5,364, Level: 31 Points: 5,364, Level: 31 Points: 5,364, Level: 31
Activity: 9.5% Activity: 9.5% Activity: 9.5%
Last Achievements

Quote:

that would be fun yes. i remember seeing some old wresting videos with strong bodybuilders with no wresting or fighting skills. what comes to mind are hannie van aken and michelle ivers. both relied on their strength rather than wrestling skills to overtake the man.

hannie is super strong, but you could tell in the video she was hesitant to go full force, probably fearing hurting guy. michelle seemed to have fun doing it and in both case it was fun because their feminine side came out.
Old 01-Dec-21, 04:07
Points: 40,666, Level: 88 Points: 40,666, Level: 88 Points: 40,666, Level: 88
Last Achievements

Thanked 6,624 Times in 386 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elbow Escape [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
It depends on how large the female's strenght advantage is and how good her natural fighting istincts are.
On average I would say that a stronger and fitter person is going to beat a weaker and less athletic opponent more often than not, even if the latter is taller and heavier, regardless of their gender.
I think like this too. I think that in a fight between two people without knowledge of any martial art, the one who has the best physical fitness wins.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rick JJ For This Useful Post:
Old 01-Dec-21, 08:58
Points: 5,284, Level: 30 Points: 5,284, Level: 30 Points: 5,284, Level: 30
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements

Superior strength means nothing if a woman is willing to get on the mat and wrestle. Being strong is a wonder asset. Having a competitive nature is far more important.
The Following User Says Thank You to jfm For This Useful Post:
Old 01-Dec-21, 11:04
Moderator [D]
Points: 38,526, Level: 86 Points: 38,526, Level: 86 Points: 38,526, Level: 86
Activity: 85.7% Activity: 85.7% Activity: 85.7%
Last Achievements

Thanked 8,550 Times in 2,406 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfm [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Superior strength means nothing if a woman is willing to get on the mat and wrestle. Being strong is a wonder asset. Having a competitive nature is far more important.

I heart many time, yes, this BB will finish you easly. I respond NOPE, so long she is not proving me, i DON'T BELIEVE. To think a super strong girl can easly beat ever guys is only roght in fanatsie of addicted muscle lovers!
I fought stronger girls as me and they lost! Without skills and will to win it's non possible. I have seen girls 60 kilos model likes with some skills beating 70 kilos Musclemonsters. THIS is the trouth and so you're right!

Last edited by ours01; 01-Dec-21 at 20:16.
The Following User Says Thank You to ours01 For This Useful Post: