Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 02-Dec-21, 06:41
AverageUsername

Mystery man Is It Weird My Own Stories Don't Arouse Me?

So, looking back and reading the stories I have posted, I noticed I don't get aroused like I usually do with other author's good stories. Is this just me or is it common for author's to react this way to their own published stories? Or maybe my stories aren't too arousing as I would have hoped?
Old 02-Dec-21, 07:41
Producer
Points: 27,496, Level: 72 Points: 27,496, Level: 72 Points: 27,496, Level: 72
Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,447 Times in 1,066 Posts
Default Re: Is It Weird My Own Stories Don't Arouse Me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageUsername [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
So, looking back and reading the stories I have posted, I noticed I don't get aroused like I usually do with other author's good stories. Is this just me or is it common for author's to react this way to their own published stories? Or maybe my stories aren't too arousing as I would have hoped?
In my experience, and from anecdotes I've heard from other writers, that's completely normal.

Do you enjoy the feeling as you're writing?
Old 02-Dec-21, 10:19
Points: 276,456, Level: 100 Points: 276,456, Level: 100 Points: 276,456, Level: 100
Activity: 99.5% Activity: 99.5% Activity: 99.5%
Last Achievements

Thanked 68,191 Times in 6,811 Posts

I have no personal experience, but it doesn't surprise me at all. Reading your own tales will lack any sense of suspense or anticipation. You know exactly what's going to happen next all the time.
The Following User Says Thank You to verscont For This Useful Post:
Old 02-Dec-21, 16:07
AverageUsername

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerCrushes [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Do you enjoy the feeling as you're writing?
Maybe a little, but it's more about forming the scene in my head before I write that really gets me going. Then, when I start writing that feeling is still there, but it isn't as strong. And once I am finished it goes away.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 17-Dec-21, 10:21
Points: 6,971, Level: 35 Points: 6,971, Level: 35 Points: 6,971, Level: 35
Activity: 9.5% Activity: 9.5% Activity: 9.5%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageUsername [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Maybe a little, but it's more about forming the scene in my head before I write that really gets me going. Then, when I start writing that feeling is still there, but it isn't as strong. And once I am finished it goes away.
My experience is very close to this. Whenever I'm thinking about what to write next it gets me going, but while I'm actually writing I feel nothing until I stop writing and think about the scenario. Afterwards I only get aroused if I read back the story or think about it, but yes the feeling I get reading other people's stories is way different from the feeling I get writing my own stories.
Old 17-Dec-21, 18:37
AverageUsername

I wish I could go to the future and read my stories before I have even written them, then I could better understand how they make me feel as an outside observer.

Tags
authors, discussion