Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > The Pioneers

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 06-Jan-14, 16:25
Administrator
Points: 864,862, Level: 100 Points: 864,862, Level: 100 Points: 864,862, Level: 100
Activity: 61.9% Activity: 61.9% Activity: 61.9%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 115,688 Times in 9,926 Posts
Default Re: I miss Bill Wick

Polyglot, thanks for the recount! It adds a perspective to things.
[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
The Following User Says Thank You to Naji For This Useful Post:
Old 06-Jan-14, 16:26
Administrator
Points: 864,862, Level: 100 Points: 864,862, Level: 100 Points: 864,862, Level: 100
Activity: 61.9% Activity: 61.9% Activity: 61.9%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 115,688 Times in 9,926 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xhatenx [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Wow jennifer looks great in that pic.
You know you are replying to Jennifer right? ;-)
[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Old 06-Jan-14, 20:33
Points: 26,283, Level: 70 Points: 26,283, Level: 70 Points: 26,283, Level: 70
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,551 Times in 272 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zweig [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
You know you are replying to Jennifer right? ;-)
Lol yeah, I was just saying it in general to everyone. I guess I should have added, "She looks great doesn't she?" or something like that. Oh well, free lulz
Old 03-Feb-14, 23:19
Producer
Points: 3,733, Level: 25 Points: 3,733, Level: 25 Points: 3,733, Level: 25
Last Achievements

Bill wick is alive and well, still getting squeezed and teaching women to wrestle as of feb. 2, 2014
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bill Wick For This Useful Post:
Old 16-Aug-14, 10:37
Points: 5,520, Level: 31 Points: 5,520, Level: 31 Points: 5,520, Level: 31
Activity: 4.9% Activity: 4.9% Activity: 4.9%
Last Achievements

Default Re: I miss Billwick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSqueeze [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
He was an awesome jobber and an awesome producer. Some of his videos still stand head and shoulders with some of the best stuff being put out today IMHO.
I saw a couple of his videos, I believe against Karla Nelson and Golden Kat. He seemed on the submissive side. The greatest male jobbers I've seen (feisty, chauvinistic ), are Jim (Joan Wise), Ed (Mass Muscle), and the guy that does the Athena videos.

Last edited by LeePriceFan; 16-Aug-14 at 14:07.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LeePriceFan For This Useful Post:
Old 26-Sep-15, 21:09
Points: 757, Level: 10 Points: 757, Level: 10 Points: 757, Level: 10

does anyone have a copy of his out of print video title. black power ?
Old 27-Sep-15, 00:53
Points: 7,118, Level: 36 Points: 7,118, Level: 36 Points: 7,118, Level: 36
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyglot [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
But...back to the pioneer days...

The early multimedia efforts were recorded on Super 8 film. Bill did some work for California Supreme in this format. (He had some stories about his experiences with a U.S. Olympic pentathlete (before heptathlons) and California Supreme films.) The first video efforts I recall were from Bill Wick. He showed up at one contest carrying around a cumbersome (by today's standards) Beta camcorder.

At one time at this show we (several of us) were sitting on some stools and Bill started to hypothesize a scenario with a competitor sitting with us. He wanted to record a meeting with this muscled woman whose name I cannot remember (but do remember that she later died of AIDS in Italy).

Kay was still with him at this time and I remember Bill starting to hypothesize another scenario in a hotel room with a "burglar" breaking into the room with Kay sleeping on the bed and....you can guess the next events. JSN was wrapped up in her legs whlie Bill taped away. "Army714" can probably fill in the details.

He made tapes at a greater rate than he released them. I remember him mentioning at one time that he had over 30 videos in the can that he had not released.

Of course Beta was 240-line resolution. Later SuperBeta was 400-line resolution. DV pushed it to 500 lines. Nowadays all is digital and 1080p is common and some devices can record 4k (3840 X 2160 pixels). Quality upconversions can be done on this old material, but the lesson is that for longterm commercial viability, you should always record at the greatest resolution available (4k now).

If you were in the scene in 1985 or so, you could never have imagined the future. Youtube and Tumblr are good examples. "Tom Jackson" was surprised a few times out and about by people coming up to him and asking if he were "Tom Jackson". Nowadays "Tom Jackson" is commonly seen on Youtube and Tumblr. I'm sure he never anticipated these new delivery vehicles. He wanted to keep his personal and hobby lives distinct (even from his wife), but the internet made that impossible.

I would guess that the future will hold more unanticipated surprises. In general, the internet removes intermediates from transactions. So magazines died or are dying, as the subjects of their stories can communicate directly with customers/fans. Jennifer Thomas above, for example. Previously, magazines like WPW acted as a delivery vehicle of muscular women. Also as a gateway/blockade. If someone was disliked, she did not get coverage. If someone was not dealt with fairly at a contest, she would get extra coverage (count the photos). This gateway function is gone, as all the women can present themselves directly with their fans/customers, bypassing intermediaries and editorial biases.

That is, the "past" can help us shape the future.
All of this (plus the fact that I'm not remotely photogenic) is why I deal in text, not video. Any resolution can deliver words, which deliver cinema to the silver screen of the mind's eye.
Old 27-Sep-15, 01:51
Producer
Points: 3,733, Level: 25 Points: 3,733, Level: 25 Points: 3,733, Level: 25
Last Achievements

Still alive and under pressure.....bill wick
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bill Wick For This Useful Post:
Old 27-Sep-15, 02:03
klp54chev

Bill Wick really had great videos. I still remember way back when Entertainment Tonight did a segment on his company and included interviews with Bill, Doughdee Marie, and two other women. They were absolutely beautiful, one Spanish and the other Asian, but their names escape me. That must have been back in the 90's sometime.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 27-Sep-15, 06:40
Points: 15,837, Level: 54 Points: 15,837, Level: 54 Points: 15,837, Level: 54
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,286 Times in 330 Posts

I think he's dating Yasmin Telles, but that's unconfirmed. Can you imagine getting rocked by those hips at his age?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg the_brazilian_hug0023.jpg (185.9 KB, 401 views)
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Grapple Guru For This Useful Post: